Comeback [rage] why is BTS so auto-tuned (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I agree so much
some songs i can stand but jesus
this is like a high level of lazy this album has come across to me
have you seen what the actual album looks like

you dont even get a photo book you just get a bunch of poster in a sleeve folded together
they couldnt even staple it together...
plus you get a piece of paper to colour in...
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Probably a stylistic choice to get more of that trap feel, I feel as though it works better with the rap line and I would prefer if they try their best to avoid overusing autotune on the vocal line simply because it vocals always sound awkward with a shit ton of autotune.

its probably one of the reasons why I like jungkooks solo the most on the album and why it's my favorite track. Autotune isn't overused and it's just his smooth vocals on a pop r&b instrumental.

I really don't mind when the rapline uses autotune because I know its a stylistic choice.
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
You don't have to be so harsh about it. I agree, their stuff has gotten a bit worse due to the autotune, but if you don't like it THAT much, just don't listen.
 
Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
You don't have to be so harsh about it. I agree, their stuff has gotten a bit worse due to the autotune, but if you don't like it THAT much, just don't listen.
it's because i really like the members but the over use of auto-tune in this album is triggering... it's too annoying tbh. the songs sound nice tho but the auto-tune just ruin everything.
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
it's because i really like the members but the over use of auto-tune in this album is triggering... it's too annoying tbh. the songs sound nice tho but the auto-tune just ruin everything.
Yeah. I completely agree. I'm not saying I'm offended by the way you said it, I'm just trying to bring it to your attention that it was a bit harsh and them sad, weak, butt-hurt 'ARMY' out there would bash you faster than you think. I was just letting you know. I quite enjoyed 'he comeback because I'm not one to just focus on just vocals/rap. I look at everything because it's the way I look at music.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Does any of that matter bro filter exists it cleanses all sins
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Honestly it's starting to bother me too. They have plenty of talent and good music, but the overuse of autotune is starting to ruin it. That's one of the reasons why I don't like Black Swan for example. It has so much autotune that it's hard to listen to it.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and potato
Joined
18 August 2019
Messages
1,773
Reactions Received
3,304
Location
In the SHINee World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,895
Fandom
Multistan
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
They/them preferred
it's because i really like the members but the over use of auto-tune in this album is triggering... it's too annoying tbh. the songs sound nice tho but the auto-tune just ruin everything.
"Triggering"


But I do agree that it's been getting gradually more annoying for me too. They're not bad songs whatsoever and I still enjoy them, heck this is definitely one of their best albums, I just would have loved it even more had they laid off the autotune. I don't like heavy autotuned songs in general but at least a group like Shinee has live albums that I can put on my playlists instead while BTS hasn't given us any yet :c
Maybe this CB they'll do one though
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and potato
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I haven't listened to the full album yet but the autotune on ON works well though it does get in the way of some parts, like Suga's rap. They've been using lots of autotune since 2017 with DNA, I thought it would have ended with the Love Yourself Era but apparently not. It's a shame because their raps are always best raw (the Cyphers and August D) and the vocal line has such beautiful voices (Don't Leave Me, Euphoria, Serependity, Singularity, Epiphany) that have improved immensely over the years.

I hope its style and not because BTS or the producers don't believe in their talents.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread