Rant warning (1 Viewer)

M

mysteric

so I’m section leader for the altos and I’m really down with everyone and I’m crying because I’m so mad. Mad at them and myself. We get nothing done, no one tries, everyone comes late, we have no shows who don’t tell us about tutoring sessions until 2 minutes before sectionals so I have to change the entire plan and everyone gets mad at me when sectionals get prolonged since no one is listening or coming. And I’m mad at myself since I feel like it’s my fault for being too lenient with them and causing this entire fucking mess. I just want everyone to get along and get actual productive work done but they take advantage of it and I feel like it’s my fault that they’re going to do badly even though it’s not my fault. And I know it’s not my fault but it’s hard seeing people give up on themselves since I always feel like I’m taking all the flying craps they don’t care about so I’m carrying all those craps on me. And I’m crying right now I’m so mad and sorry if you’re reading this I’m a mess
That was nice to get out and feel free to igore
 

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I played alto sax in my band (both marching and concert) and I know what it's like to have idiots to work with, especially those that don't seem to want to work hard for themselves and instead drop all their responsibilities on another person (I was also a section leader for a year and a half, I know that feel).

Take their flying craps and boomerang them back, or send them flying into the toilet! You know you're not at fault for their slacking and you shouldn't feel so weighed down by their lazy inability to do anything for themselves. The only further advice I can give you (yeah, I know, it was a rant not something asking for advice but I can never help myself in these situations) is to maybe start providing little incentives here and there to see if it sparks their interest in participating or upping their game and then go from there - if it doesn't, try another maneuver, and if that doesn't work, tell it to them straight and be a boss ass bitch I know you can be!

Shape those altos up or ship them out, that's how I see it.

Cry only for a moment, wipe your eyes clean and splash some cold water on your pretty cheeks and do it to it, babe <3

I hope you feel better and those idiots get the sense knocked into them that they need! Be that stubborn alto we all know stubborn altos can be, and out stubborn them.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
basically everyone from one sectional (all alto saxes in my case) get together and hopefully get work done for band
Oh i c

so it's like a orchestra?

I thought those guys always trained nonstop, it must be tough with those lazy fellas
 
M

mysteric

Oh i c

so it's like a orchestra?

I thought those guys always trained nonstop, it must be tough with those lazy fellas
band. Altos tend to be notorious for being the section where all the lazy people are in lmao since alto is easy to learn (and hard to perfect) so they just join for the extra half credit
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
band. Altos tend to be notorious for being the section where all the lazy people are in lmao since alto is easy to learn (and hard to perfect) so they just join for the extra half credit
ic

they are like success stans lol
 
M

mysteric

I played alto sax in my band (both marching and concert) and I know what it's like to have idiots to work with, especially those that don't seem to want to work hard for themselves and instead drop all their responsibilities on another person (I was also a section leader for a year and a half, I know that feel).

Take their flying craps and boomerang them back, or send them flying into the toilet! You know you're not at fault for their slacking and you shouldn't feel so weighed down by their lazy inability to do anything for themselves. The only further advice I can give you (yeah, I know, it was a rant not something asking for advice but I can never help myself in these situations) is to maybe start providing little incentives here and there to see if it sparks their interest in participating or upping their game and then go from there - if it doesn't, try another maneuver, and if that doesn't work, tell it to them straight and be a boss ass bitch I know you can be!

Shape those altos up or ship them out, that's how I see it.

Cry only for a moment, wipe your eyes clean and splash some cold water on your pretty cheeks and do it to it, babe <3

I hope you feel better and those idiots get the sense knocked into them that they need! Be that stubborn alto we all know stubborn altos can be, and out stubborn them.
yeah, that really helped thx!
I told my director since this has been going on for the past few months and hopefully they start picking up their own slack?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sory and taemkitten

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread