realistic superpowers (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
what realistic "superpowers" would you like to have the most?? and by that I mean a skill or ability, a quality some other people have that you wish to posses as well......

some of mine are:

- being healthy
- having good genes
- having a fast matabolism
- being able not to care what anyone thinks
- being able to sing

 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Being able to never take @MrsJimin seriously...
and... Clairevoyance.. Mock all you want; I know that I have the gift...
having good genes
How good are we talkin? Like A&F or Calvin Klein😉
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think being sweet and dedicated to something is a super power
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
The ability to write as prolifically as Brandon Sanderson (who writes, like, a novel a year, like what in the--)
Well... if your job is writing books then its not that surprising that you'd write at least one a year, but the systems that he has created have been quite innovative, especially in completing a series (WOT) that had been needing to end for a long time. lol
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
That's true, I just mean it's crazy given how large his books are and how much he has to build up for each one.
That's true. I mean it took Stephen King around five years to write IT, which is like a 1000 page book. I'm not all too familiar with Brandon Sanderson, but I do know that with authors within his domain that there tends to be a lot of research and world construction prior to writing, especially with innovative systems of magic and societal construction if the story is based within a fictional world; thus, it would go beyond outlining a novel and writing it.

I don't know how pedantic his style is (Brandon Sanderson) , but personally when writing fiction within the scope of fantasy it tends to be long and tedious at times. I'll give a bit of context here: Over the course of the last several years I have spent countless hours on world construction and magical systems. I easily spent a couple of hours examining the schism that created the merfolk colonies--not because it has a big focus within my novel, but rather because of the impact it had on the world and how my protagonist grew up, thinks, and acts. So, I imagine even though writing is his career that he spends countless hours on research, writing, and development... and he tends to write, as you said, very long books. I, myself, will write a scene that takes 30 minutes to an hour and I feel like I wrote a lot only to discover it was around 800-1250 words... lol. When Brandon published a book in 2017 that was around 1200 pages and 450,000 words... That's real dedication. So, I admire him for that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread