News Recent happenings on Seungri's and Burning Sun's cases (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
176
Reactions Received
880
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Yeah but just because there are other companies doing it, doesn't make it right or make Seungri any less of a sleaze for using prostitutes to secure his business deals (if this is true).
I didn't say that to defend him. Anyone doing it is a scumbag. I'm just saying that this is nothing new in kpop unfortunately (and probably in business in general, esp. Korea).
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I'd say this is an actual scandal. Despite how it's viewed by Korea, weed/drug usage aren't really a big deal in most places. So like TOP/GD's weed thing is w/e. And Daesung's thing is unfortunate to say the least, but also not necessarily his fault. That was a shitty thing all around.
I know I’m not talking about the weed tbh I don’t think that TOP deserved that hate because he just smoked a little weed. I’m just saying that the members go through a lot of scandals on Korean terms. Meaning that it may not be a big deal to us but it is a big deal to Koreans. Although there are a few things that they did that seemed a little iffy to me tbh.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
In terms of Big Bang, i guess its' bit relative, i mean worst things so far they have done is smoked marihuana (I don't count Seungri's case here cause i don't know outcome). To me i'm against it and it's disappointing, but not dealbreaker especially when both of them has quit. It's not like people don't like western artist who do same stuff.

They get witchhunted by media a lot since they are popular so even small things are made into scandal and taken out of proportion so many of their scandals aren't actually that bad. There is car accidents, but that could happen to anyone and is just simply tragic, to them too.

So apart from Seungri's case here depending on outcome, i don't think they are even that problematic ^^; Scandals are just really tiring as fan.
I know I’m not talking about the weed tbh I don’t think that TOP deserved that hate because he just smoked a little weed. I’m just saying that the members go through a lot of scandals on Korean terms. Meaning that it may not be a big deal to us but it is a big deal to Koreans. Although there are a few things that they did that seemed a little iffy to me tbh.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I know I’m not talking about the weed tbh I don’t think that TOP deserved that hate because he just smoked a little weed. I’m just saying that the members go through a lot of scandals on Korean terms. Meaning that it may not be a big deal to us but it is a big deal to Koreans. Although there are a few things that they did that seemed a little iffy to me tbh.
Personally i will judge based on my own morals most, rather than what koreans think. Of course i understand koreans viewpoint too, in some extent, but i think idols are being held too big standard and they need to chill.

For me iffiest was the drug use, since i'm really against that myself, but not dealbreaker. I don't fault people for being choosing to leave the fandom if they feel uncomfortable over sth though, its' their choice to make.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ListenToBadMusic
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Personally i will judge based on my own morals most, rather than what koreans think. Of course i understand koreans viewpoint too, in some extent, but i think idols are being held too big standard and they need to chill.

For me iffiest was the drug use, since i'm really against that myself, but not dealbreaker. I don't fault people for being choosing to leave the fandom if they feel uncomfortable over sth though, its' their choice to make.
The drugs are things that I don’t really care about. Maybe that’s because I live in America ,I’ve been exposed to those kinds of scandals all my life so I’m kinda used to it. The things that I’m talking about were just some stuff involving race. Like correct me if I’m wrong but G-Dragon said the n word on an inkigayo show, Daesung did black face when he was impersonating snoop dog and just a bunch of other stuff. They make good music but to me some of the stuff that they’ve done is problematic...
11209


 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The drugs are things that I don’t really care about. Maybe that’s because I live in America ,I’ve been exposed to those kinds of scandals all my life so I’m kinda used to it. The things that I’m talking about were just some stuff involving race. Like correct me if I’m wrong but G-Dragon said the n word on an inkigayo show, Daesung did black face when he was impersonating snoop dog and just a bunch of other stuff. They make good music but to me some of the stuff that they’ve done is problematic...
11209


Huh. Well i don't fault feeling like that, but i was bit shocked to see these since they are bit older, they had some more recent cases about race too depending on interpretation that are usually more talked about. My own opinion is mostly that they were ignorant, it was different times and they weren't culturally that aware (for example i only found out blackface was thing via tumblr when i was already adult, had no idea before). I do understand people finding it offensive and iffy though.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
176
Reactions Received
880
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The drugs are things that I don’t really care about. Maybe that’s because I live in America ,I’ve been exposed to those kinds of scandals all my life so I’m kinda used to it. The things that I’m talking about were just some stuff involving race. Like correct me if I’m wrong but G-Dragon said the n word on an inkigayo show, Daesung did black face when he was impersonating snoop dog and just a bunch of other stuff. They make good music but to me some of the stuff that they’ve done is problematic...
11209



Definitely in bad taste, though I guess because it's like 10 years ago it's not as surprising as nowadays. Also, Korea as a whole isn't diverse enough to truly understand the implications of a lot of these things.

They should absolutely be called out for it, but it's hard to truly hate them (unless it's like a consistent thing after they've already been called out).

To them, the racial stuff is prob on the level of smoking weed to Americans. I know more people who've smoked weed than those who haven't at least once in their life. It's just how it is where I grew up, everyone smoked in HS or college. Koreans are known to be prideful to the point of being xenophobic, so them acting like that shouldn't shock anyone honestly (unless they were raised overseas). While as an American, I have no legs to stand on if I wanna act like that. We obviously should know better.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Huh. Well i don't fault feeling like that, but i was bit shocked to see these since they are bit older, they had some more recent cases about race too depending on interpretation that are usually more talked about. My own opinion is mostly that they were ignorant, it was different times and they weren't culturally that aware (for example i only found out blackface was thing via tumblr when i was already adult, had no idea before). I do understand people finding it offensive and iffy though.
Yeah tbh I get being ignorant, I don’t expect people to know everything that goes on in america or to know what is right or what is wrong ( to an extent), I mean I didn’t even really know what cultural appropriation was until a little while ago. But yeah, for me personally I did find that stuff to be a little off putting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Definitely in bad taste, though I guess because it's like 10 years ago it's not as surprising as nowadays. Also, Korea as a whole isn't diverse enough to truly understand the implications of a lot of these things.

They should absolutely be called out for it, but it's hard to truly hate them (unless it's like a consistent thing after they've already been called out).

To them, the racial stuff is prob on the level of smoking weed to Americans. I know more people who've smoked weed than those who haven't at least once in their life. It's just how it is where I grew up, everyone smoked in HS or college. Koreans are known to be prideful to the point of being xenophobic, so them acting like that shouldn't shock anyone honestly (unless they were raised overseas). While as an American, I have no legs to stand on if I wanna act like that. We obviously should know better.
yeah like I dont really expect people like the members in big bang to be educated on that type of stuff because they were born and raised in south korea. I mean if you walk into a modern day high school or middle school in America then you'll probably hear the same type of stuff about race, a lot of the time theyre joking, it doesnt make it right but still. even if it was from a long time ago like you said I do think that they should be called out on it. I dont personally hate any of the members but I do find a lot the things that they've done to be distasteful.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Update on police investigation:



EDIT also:



I wonder why the reporter didn't bring the screenshots to police cause she says she has the evidence and even recently stated he has been holding some stuff. So i hope she brings that to police?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread