Relationships Revealing Your Issues (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Is this a common thing?

I'm essentially in my first relationship and it's been about a year but being in one has really opened my eyes to some issues I have and that I need to work on. Like I knew I had problems but being with someone revealed a host more of them that can actually affect others and it's kind of mind-blowing and a little discouraging at the same tie.

Like for example, I used to pretend to be unbothered by things or at least make it seem like I was so I somehow made myself think that other's actions don't affect me that greatly or that much. But being with someone made me realize that I am SUPER sensitive and dramatic too and have a hard time sorting through feelings when something upsets me and then tend to overthink and worry about that incident too much when it's a simple fix or it's not even a LEGIT problem.

It's a REALLY taxing trait to have and hard to deal with and I can tell it is so I want to work on it. But before I got into a relationship, I didn't even realize it was a thing or if it was, it was something I only had to deal with-no one else.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,189
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,742
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Don't really know. Never been in a real relationship before. They were mostly flings if nothing else.
Or they felt like flings anyways. :( Some people just don't know what they are missing out on I guess?

Been single for far too long and I feel like it's never going to change for me anytime soon.
The world is a harsh mistress indeed.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,333
Reactions Received
76,681
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,045
Ship
Wreck
I think it's normal if you're inexperienced with relationships that you'll find out more about yourself because of it since you will not only think more about your actions and the consequences they might have but also you have someone else to notice them too.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think you are appealing the truth. A lot influences us and we definitely can learn a lot about our self with how our relationship with others are
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
being on your own is tough, being with someone else is too. Dealing with just you is hard enough, but then you gotta worry about the other person too..... so naturally, a lot of issues arise.. that's why they say to make it so you're fine on your own first before being with someone else
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread