- Joined
- 22 February 2019
- Messages
- 2,548
- Reactions Received
- 9,068
- Location
- under these bitches skin
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Female
I got inspired to make this post from a similar thread by @Reo and I decided to make a review of this album as well. I actually love things like this and I would love to review more albums in the future so let's get this started.
as we all know TXT debuted on March 3rd with their debut Mini album "TXT- The Dream Chapter: Star" it's categorized as dance music so basically electro pop. It has five songs that ill be reviewing today. All of my scores will be out of 5. This is just my opinion and you dont have to agree with me.
5. Nap of a star 1/5
I can't listen to this song fully while actually paying attention to it like it's just so slow, bland and boring to listen to. It's really a skip for me. This is a electric pop dance album, what the hell is a ballad doing here? Tbh the only thing that I really liked about it was a part of the chorus. honestly, the song could have gone somewhere but it just stayed the same throughout. it shouldn't have been on the album period.
4.Cat and dog 2.5/5
Honestly, this song was a grower, like I genuinely like this song. but it's low on this list because there are other songs on the album that I like better. Also, the fact that they actually bark in the song... I liked that they incorporated some trap elements as well. but there were some times where i wish more vocals were showcased, overall it's a catchy song, I can understand why a lot of people may not like it because the lyrics are.... questionable but I really liked it because I'm a sucker for catchy songs and that's what cat and dog is.
3. Crown 3/5
This song was solid, again there are just more songs on this album that I like better. I loved the harmonies on the build-up to the chorus., its a good electro dance song and it put me into a happy mood. I really liked it, but it wasnt anything groundbreaking. so its number 3
4. Blue Orangeade 3/5
This song is experimental but I like it. its catchy and I really liked the accapella part that introduces the song, overall it is good. its really fast paced and i was interested for the whole time. but even with that, I've heard other songs like it, it's not unique, tbh it could have been a lot better but it's good.
5. our summer 4/5
okay, I LOVE this song. it's so catchy and even though it's simple, it's just really good. maybe it's because I'm a sucker for catchy pop music like this but this song is really what makes me like this album so much. while the rest of them kinda blended in, this one kinda stuck out with me. the chorus is just really nice, and it's been stuck in my head ever since I started listening to it. one thing that I have to comment on is that there are some parts of the chorus that felt a little empty and I feel like it would sound a little better if it had more vocals in that little EDM break. but overall, it's my favorite song off of the album.
Overall score: 2.7
This Ep was a solid debut album, while yes it may have not been the most outstanding or groundbreaking debut, it was still good. This is Bighits next boy group after arguably the biggest boy group in the world as of now, Bts. I thought that bighit did really well with separating txt from bts. Even though their debut may seem a little basic, I think that theyre definitely going to explore more sounds in the future. Like I said the album is solid and it's a decent electro-pop album, there are some forgettable things about it but it's okay for a debut.
that has been my review of "TXT- The Dream Chapter: Star" thanks for tuning in like I said id like to be able to do more threads like this in the future because I enjoy doing things like this. Thank you for tuning in and please comment any other thoughts and opinions that you have. :)
as we all know TXT debuted on March 3rd with their debut Mini album "TXT- The Dream Chapter: Star" it's categorized as dance music so basically electro pop. It has five songs that ill be reviewing today. All of my scores will be out of 5. This is just my opinion and you dont have to agree with me.
5. Nap of a star 1/5
I can't listen to this song fully while actually paying attention to it like it's just so slow, bland and boring to listen to. It's really a skip for me. This is a electric pop dance album, what the hell is a ballad doing here? Tbh the only thing that I really liked about it was a part of the chorus. honestly, the song could have gone somewhere but it just stayed the same throughout. it shouldn't have been on the album period.
4.Cat and dog 2.5/5
Honestly, this song was a grower, like I genuinely like this song. but it's low on this list because there are other songs on the album that I like better. Also, the fact that they actually bark in the song... I liked that they incorporated some trap elements as well. but there were some times where i wish more vocals were showcased, overall it's a catchy song, I can understand why a lot of people may not like it because the lyrics are.... questionable but I really liked it because I'm a sucker for catchy songs and that's what cat and dog is.
3. Crown 3/5
This song was solid, again there are just more songs on this album that I like better. I loved the harmonies on the build-up to the chorus., its a good electro dance song and it put me into a happy mood. I really liked it, but it wasnt anything groundbreaking. so its number 3
4. Blue Orangeade 3/5
This song is experimental but I like it. its catchy and I really liked the accapella part that introduces the song, overall it is good. its really fast paced and i was interested for the whole time. but even with that, I've heard other songs like it, it's not unique, tbh it could have been a lot better but it's good.
5. our summer 4/5
okay, I LOVE this song. it's so catchy and even though it's simple, it's just really good. maybe it's because I'm a sucker for catchy pop music like this but this song is really what makes me like this album so much. while the rest of them kinda blended in, this one kinda stuck out with me. the chorus is just really nice, and it's been stuck in my head ever since I started listening to it. one thing that I have to comment on is that there are some parts of the chorus that felt a little empty and I feel like it would sound a little better if it had more vocals in that little EDM break. but overall, it's my favorite song off of the album.
Overall score: 2.7
This Ep was a solid debut album, while yes it may have not been the most outstanding or groundbreaking debut, it was still good. This is Bighits next boy group after arguably the biggest boy group in the world as of now, Bts. I thought that bighit did really well with separating txt from bts. Even though their debut may seem a little basic, I think that theyre definitely going to explore more sounds in the future. Like I said the album is solid and it's a decent electro-pop album, there are some forgettable things about it but it's okay for a debut.
that has been my review of "TXT- The Dream Chapter: Star" thanks for tuning in like I said id like to be able to do more threads like this in the future because I enjoy doing things like this. Thank you for tuning in and please comment any other thoughts and opinions that you have. :)