Reviewing recent comebacks (1 Viewer)

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,082
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,408
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I haven't been the best at keeping up on comebacks so I'm going to review some recent ones.


The Boyz - She's The Boss



Their Japanese comebacks have a very different sound from their Korean ones. I like most of the song except for the weird instrumentals in the chorus. Their vocals in the verses and prechorus are very soothing. I normally like noise music but that chorus wasn't it, sorry. Final ranking: 7/10

Lightsum - Alive



These girls look like they're having fun, I'll give them that. But personally, not my vibe at all. Three Lightsum title tracks and I haven't liked a single one yet. I didn't like the instrumentals in what I think was a dance break either. This one will have to be a pass for me. Final ranking: 1/10

BoA - The Greatest



My biggest issue with this song would have to be the spelling out of G.R.E.A.T.E.S.T. But besides that, I really like it. I'm not usually a fan of BoA's music, but this is the type of song I like. Final ranking: 7.5/10


Oneus - Bring It On



Okay so I have heard this one before today but I wanted to talk about it anyways. Personally I really like this! It does give No Diggity vibes even though it's a step down, but it's in no way bad. I already added this one to my playlist. Final ranking: 9/10


Ab6ix - Saviour



Please can I just say that Daehwi looks sooooo good here?! Well actually they all do. Onto the song itself though, I like the kinda whispery thing that they're doing with their voices. Sprinkled with some powerful vocal moments, this song is quite good. Final ranking: 8/10

TNX - Move



I like the intro until the beat dropped. As the verses progressed though, it got better, and then the prechorus hit really good. Then that instrumental I didn't like showed up in the chorus again. But the more I listened to it, I became okay with it. I will give props to them because they do have good vocals. Final ranking: 6.5/10

Hyo - Deep



The chorus repeating "deep deep deep deep deep" over and over again... I was not a fan of that. The instrumentals bother me too. I really want to find a redeeming quality but I cannot. She also looks quite stiff when dancing. I don't know if it was intentional or not. Final ranking: 0/10

Got7 - nananana



Their vocals are so fun and melodic at the same time. I really do like this, probably one of my top3 favourites of the month. Final ranking: 8.5/10

Astro - Candy Sugar Pop



This is so fun and cute but also shows their maturity at the same time. This was a fun listen for sure, very groovy. I may also add this one to my playlist. Final ranking: 8.5/10​
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
The chorus repeating "deep deep deep deep deep" over and over again... I was not a fan of that.
I can relate. There's a fine line between catchy and annoying. I was also disappointed when one of my favorite solo artists [Sunmi] released a song that I did not like..
 

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,082
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,408
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I can relate. There's a fine line between catchy and annoying. I was also disappointed when one of my favorite solo artists [Sunmi] released a song that I did not like..
Sunmi's great but I didn't like her latest comeback, I really tried to find something redeeming but I couldn't
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I have listened to zero of these :soob: My list of comebacks I have yet to listen to continues to grow.:lisalaugh:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: athenaaa

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread