Honestly I feel that as a general rule Japanese releases from K-pop groups just aren't it anymore. One of my fav Japanese debits this year was sung in Korean for whatever reason But overall they seem to just exist, I feel like they used to be more interesting
#CookieJar is one of those songs that's a good background track for when you're busy. Catchy enough to sing along while I'm working but not really a song I would play just because I wanted to hear it. It's kinda good for me, I can see how people would love or hate it but meh.
Didn't like the chorus for Sappy, sad cuz I liked everything else about it.
Honestly haven't loved that many Jreleases outside of Soshi. Twice is finally starting to improve their J discography
For those of you like me who don't remember (or know) what they sound like:
I remember not liking #CJ when it came out. Now that I'm listening to it, I notice it's very SM. It's an okay song, but I agree that it's background music for me. (But it has the potential to be an earworm, not gonna lie. Kinda makes me wanna watch Lupin the III o.O)
Also cookie jar mv is thought to be a cannibalistic deal. they made food from all the folks they killed.
Fans are weird.
Red velvet seems to just be toying with Japan enough to tour.
The entire promotion of all the music feels wrong/disjointed.
All 6 original songs are good at least to me i Love Swimming pool really high of all songs last year.
Cause its you was similar the year that came out.
Japanese promotions just makes no sense, unless its done like akb or IZONE that i at least understand more.
Also no full album that is the give away that no one is serious.
Sappy probably isn't a GP-friendly song, but I consider it to be one of Red Velvet's best. It has strong jazz and blues influences that will throw you off if you're not ready. To get a feel for what I'm referring to, minus Sappy's off-beat brass, check out New Orleans jazz numbers such as
Lots of interesting comments/discussion on Sappy can be found at reddit and aminoapps.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Read more about our cookie policy.