- Joined
- 22 November 2018
- Messages
- 7,026
- Reactions Received
- 27,656
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Fandom
- EXO-L & My
- Gender
- Female
- Ship
There was one situation that was so ridiculous that every time I remember it, I literally cry from laughing so hard. And because I just randomly remember it again after forgetting it ever happened, I relive the entire situation again and just die all over again.
One of the core subjects in my degree is based around experimental designs. The biggest assignment of the year was basically to conduct our own research, write out a report and present our findings to the class. It was a group project and it was worth 40% of our final grade. There were 3 members in our group.
Just like almost every group I have ever been in, I ended up doing all the work by myself. I'm not joking when I say the only thing one of the members (let's call him Zed) did was pick the topic. The other one (Bee) never even spoke to me. He always spoke to Zed and then Zed had to relay his messages to me so I can do the work even though he sat right across from me (round tables) the entire semester. We had 10 weeks to work on the assignment (from the 2nd week of the semester to the second last week). From the week we started to the last week, I was the only one to do anything related to the work at all. I even wrote out their speeches for them because I have a phobia of failing and I knew they weren't going to do their parts. So my thought processes were along the lines of "if they don't do the work then I'll fail as well". So I did it all.
Skipping to the day we had to present, I went to class and met with Zed. Bee was nowhere to be seen so I asked Zed if he knew anything and he said that Bee texted him that morning and told him he couldn't come to class because his friend's brother's scooter was stolen the previous night. I'm literally crying while writing this. Seriously, it wasn't even his own scooter but his friend's brother's scooter.
I'm not the type of person to deal with educational injustices since my education is important to me so my teacher was already aware of the fact that I had done everything by myself. So on the presentation day I just told my coordinator and the other teachers present that I had done everything alone anyway so I had no issue with presenting it alone. Zed still presented his part and I did the rest although both Zed and Bee failed the assignment.
But seriously, I'll never forget that scooter excuse.
One of the core subjects in my degree is based around experimental designs. The biggest assignment of the year was basically to conduct our own research, write out a report and present our findings to the class. It was a group project and it was worth 40% of our final grade. There were 3 members in our group.
Just like almost every group I have ever been in, I ended up doing all the work by myself. I'm not joking when I say the only thing one of the members (let's call him Zed) did was pick the topic. The other one (Bee) never even spoke to me. He always spoke to Zed and then Zed had to relay his messages to me so I can do the work even though he sat right across from me (round tables) the entire semester. We had 10 weeks to work on the assignment (from the 2nd week of the semester to the second last week). From the week we started to the last week, I was the only one to do anything related to the work at all. I even wrote out their speeches for them because I have a phobia of failing and I knew they weren't going to do their parts. So my thought processes were along the lines of "if they don't do the work then I'll fail as well". So I did it all.
Skipping to the day we had to present, I went to class and met with Zed. Bee was nowhere to be seen so I asked Zed if he knew anything and he said that Bee texted him that morning and told him he couldn't come to class because his friend's brother's scooter was stolen the previous night. I'm literally crying while writing this. Seriously, it wasn't even his own scooter but his friend's brother's scooter.
I'm not the type of person to deal with educational injustices since my education is important to me so my teacher was already aware of the fact that I had done everything by myself. So on the presentation day I just told my coordinator and the other teachers present that I had done everything alone anyway so I had no issue with presenting it alone. Zed still presented his part and I did the rest although both Zed and Bee failed the assignment.
But seriously, I'll never forget that scooter excuse.