I'm starting to get the feeling that all of these headlines about Seungri might be to help cover something up...
Don't get me wrong, he's clearly a scumbag and I have no doubt that he's at least partially guilty of everything they're accusing him of but the thing is, Korean law isn't cumulative so if a defendant is found guilty of multiple crimes they only get sentenced/jailed for the crime with the harshest punishment and the judge has the option of adding another 50% onto the maximum punishment of the worst crime if the defendant is found guilty of other crimes also.
That means that all of these extra charges against Seungri kinda become redundant at a certain point. Initially when the police started investigating him on multiple crimes, I assumed that it was because they didn't have solid evidence against him for the prostitution mediation but it turns out that they currently have 4 to 5 women who have come forward as witnesses so that isn't the case. They also are now booking him on suspicion of embezzlement, tax evasion and spreading of illegally taken videos. At first I just thought they were trying to catch him out on whatever they could find but the more and more they find, the more suspicious I start to get of other things, like all of those people that are getting arrested for buying and selling drugs at Burning Sun and yet no one has had their names released...
When this scandal first broke, I can remember people talking about how the police covered up the drug dealing and usage at the clubs in Gangnam because a lot of the young people involved were the kids of super rich and powerful people and I can't help but wonder if that's why the press keep focusing so heavily on Seungri and his friend group over what was actually going on in the night club.