Should Groups Like DIA and Sonamoo Give Up? (1 Viewer)

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Maybe, maybe not. But if it's what they wanted to do, they should be able to see it out to the end of their contract. If their contract is terminated, would they really be in a different situation (besides I guess the time at which the group ends)?
Yeah you have point. But I mean I think the oldest members would be the ones who suffer in the end. The ones who'll almost be 30 by the time their contracts expire. It'll be hard for them to get a job with no prior experience, especially in a competitive ass country like SK.
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't quite believe Mr. Potter was a breakthrough. It was just the first comeback with Chaeyeon, I believe? So it had a little hype. Well, enough hype to chart. But I think it fell off the charts within a couple of days.
True
But it was everywhere and Korea covered it quite a bit so
The company didn't even give the concept a chance tho :/
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
There is 1 large problem here, MBK and TS would have to agree to letting them out of their contract and if they tried to get out without them agreeing they could take them to court and both of these companies have shown they aren't afraid to do that.
I was thinking more of paid termination, kinda like Jessica did with SM? But who knows if they even have the money for such a thing.
 

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
.
.
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
7,387
Reactions Received
22,724
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah you have point. But I mean I think the oldest members would be the ones who suffer in the end. The ones who'll almost be 30 by the time their contracts expire. It'll be hard for them to get a job with no prior experience, especially in a competitive ass country like SK.
That's true. The older members would probably have a better chance if the contract was terminated early. I guess it comes down to if it was worth the risk for them.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
They're both under the worst entertainment companies when it comes to management and DIA has been through too many lineup changes
I think they need to leave their companies and start over
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I don't know about I feel about them giving up tbh. I don't know much about Sonamoo, but considering that they are from a shitty company so who knows how bad they'll get fucked over. As for DIA, I kind of think the same thing for them. MBK does a crappy job at promoting them and they've had so many lineup changes already.
I don't think that they should give up. I just think their companies need to deal with them a lot better.
Yeah MBK destroyed T-ara but I do believe they managed their promotions quite well. Same story with Davichi. I think they did promoted DIA quite well but nothing they did worked out. The thing with DIA is, they do have public recognition but nobody is willing to stream or buy. Plus the songs they gave them were quite outdated so I don't know how they expected them to do well.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
True
But it was everywhere and Korea covered it quite a bit so
The company didn't even give the concept a chance tho :/
Sad they couldn't capitalize. They keep switching their musical direction too, which as we've seen with GFriend and Mamamoo is not the best course of action for a non big 3 GG.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bara and Belgizen

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,301
Reactions Received
76,675
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,120
Ship
Wreck
I was thinking more of paid termination, kinda like Jessica did with SM? But who knows if they even have the money for such a thing.
Unlikely they have that money since I highly doubt they've even paid off their debts to make any real money and as well MBK and TS would have to be reasonable with the buy out which is also unlikely.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Sad they couldn't capitalize. They keep switching their musical direction too, which as we've seen with GFriend and Mamamoo is not the best course of action for a non big 3 GG.
Yep
They should stick with what brings them the most money/exposure
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread