Should Momo be praised for starving? (2 Viewers)

Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
Okay so I'm failing to understand this argument I'm having with these onces. (Sorry for huge ss's)

19993

19995


19996

So apparently, Momo starving means she deserves to have success in a kpop group?

I dont understand how starving means you to record albums. Be a professional recording artist. Deserve to be on stage performing for thousands?

I mean if you tell me she danced for 2 weeks straight then I can get that but i dont get how she deserves to have success in twice for that. In fact it's actually unhealthy to me. Supermodels starve but shes not a model she needs to be singing and dancing.

The fact is when she got on stage she wasnt able to hold a tune so did her starving help? I mean sure it shows she is tough and can handle a lot mentally. But maybe if she used that week to vocal train then maybe it would be useful to twice.

I feel like people forget that kpop groups are still professional recording artists who sell albums and it's their job to sing on stage. People seem to forget that.

What do you think? Should she be praised for starving and apperently nearly dying according to that once? I personally think she has lost too much weight and doesnt need to starve and never did but not that my opinion matters.

What do you think?
 

Attachments

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Crazy fans will always get mad at you if you say you don't like an idol being so thin...

"Stop bodyshaming!"
"She worked hard for it"

and so on...

I never got it, I would rather my bias has better stamina so she/he would be able to perform better and for longer...
 
Last edited:
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
Crazy fans will always get mad at you if you say you don't like an idol being so thin...

"Stop bodyshaming!"
"She worked hard for it"

and so on...

I never got it, I would rather my bias has better stamina so she/he would be able ot perform better and for longer...
Yeah I'm trying to not say anything on their weights due to that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Yeah they are trying to change the subject.
Ah? Well, regardless I think their point is essentially that Momo was determined enough to sacrifice her health along with most likely other members to fit into a mold that would earn SK's approval. It's not right of course and shouldn't really be used as a reason to praise her necessarily but I do however think it says something about her determination which is admirable but I don't condone starvation.

So I see what they mean I mean even other stans if it's not about the members starving themselves to fit into a mold it's them passing out from overexertion, lack of sleep, and more. So like it's kind of the same concept-these aren't necessarily things we want to condone or support but they do speak to how hard working idols are or how determined they are to please the public or their fans.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
No she shouldn't be praised and quite frankly it is quite dangerous.
Plus if we keep praising idols for starving themselves to death then it will never stop and will be a never ending cycle.
I'll use Dreamcatcher for an example. Because of their tough choreography regime, they eat a lot, especially JiU and because they do have a tough schedule, they should and do eat.
If they had their tough schedules and were staving themselves, I doubt they would be surviving and would either almost die or even die.
Being praised about starving yourself is absolutely crazy and should not be allowed.
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
In this industry, you can't really be successful (typically) without those "looks". Of course she's doing it for looks, so that she will be loved by her fans. The thing is though, true fans would love her regardless. Also, JYP has standards for weight. We really don't know what's in her head, so to say she's doing it just for "looks" is pretty offensive, tbh, because we don't know the drive behind it.



That being said, I do hope the society can advance to the point that we understand that starving should not be praised. Instead of slandering idols, encourage them, and love them for their natural bodies.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and lexus
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
Ah? Well, regardless I think their point is essentially that Momo was determined enough to sacrifice her health along with most likely other members to fit into a mold that would earn SK's approval. It's not right of course and shouldn't really be used as a reason to praise her necessarily but I do however think it says something about her determination which is admirable but I don't condone starvation.

So I see what they mean I mean even other stans if it's not about the members starving themselves to fit into a mold it's them passing out from overexertion, lack of sleep, and more. So like it's kind of the same concept-these aren't necessarily things we want to condone or support but they do speak to how hard working idols are or how determined they are to please the public or their fans.
Yeah I said I think she is tough and can handle. I don't doubt that.

Just dont see how it relates to being a singer is my point.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Yeah I said I think she is tough and can handle. I don't doubt that.

Just dont see how it relates to being a singer is my point.
Sadly, she isn't just a singer-she is an idol and based on the standards that are set being thin is one of the demands.
 
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
In this industry, you can't really be successful (typically) without those "looks". Of course she's doing it for looks, so that she will be loved by her fans. The thing is though, true fans would love her regardless. Also, JYP has standards for weight. We really don't know what's in her head, so to say she's doing it just for "looks" is pretty offensive, tbh, because we don't know the drive behind it.



That being said, I do hope the society can advance to the point that we understand that starving should not be praised. Instead of slandering idols, encourage them, and love them for their natural bodies.
I disagree its jyp. Her fellow team mates mina, jihyo seem not so skinny. It's more her personal choice.

And yes she is doing it for looks. Find me proof jyp is making her starve. I doubt it.
 
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
Sadly, she isn't just a singer-she is an idol and based on the standards that are set being thin is one of the demands.
She is a singer tho. Whether we like to pretend she isnt or not. Shes not a backup dancer or model.

You can say she is hardworking yes you can say shes pretty and all that she deserves praise for that but at the end of the day she is part of a gg who make a living off albums and concerts. So that should be the priority. I dont mind her being in a group for fan relief but I still think untill she learns to perform on stage in tune she isnt deserving.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
She is a singer tho. Whether we like to pretend she isnt or not. Shes not a backup dancer or model.

You can say she is hardworking yes you can say shes pretty and all that she deserves praise for that but at the end of the day she is part of a gg who make a living off albums and concerts. So that should be the priority. I dont mind her being in a group for fan relief but I still think untill she learns to perform on stage in tune she isnt deserving.
JYP doesn't train for that shit the only company I know that sort of actually works on singing is SM and RBW(??) she isn't magically going to improve unless JYP suddenly starts caring about his groups learning to sing properly and NOT just focus on stamina but that is what most companies focus on-Stamina, not great singing techniques.

She's an idol not a singer, idols have a lot more with the package than just standing on a stage and singing. They bring more to the table and while I wish it was all about the music-it sadly isn't. You are thinking more along the lines of American or Western artists who for the most part really do focus on singing and the music.

That isn't Kpop though...
 
  • Angry
Reactions: ripiasuju

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I disagree its jyp. Her fellow team mates mina, jihyo seem not so skinny. It's more her personal choice.

And yes she is doing it for looks. Find me proof jyp is making her starve. I doubt it.
She's doing it for looks. We know this. But why is she doing it for looks? That's the question.

She could be insecure. There could be so many issues. Instead of looking down on her choices, instead encourage healthier habits.

She is an idol singer. Not simply a singer.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ripiasuju
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
JYP doesn't train for that shit the only company I know that sort of actually works on singing is SM and RBW(??) she isn't magically going to improve unless JYP suddenly starts caring about his groups learning to sing properly and NOT just focus on stamina but that is what most companies focus on-Stamina, not great singing techniques.

She's an idol not a singer, idols have a lot more with the package than just standing on a stage and singing. They bring more to the table and while I wish it was all about the music-it sadly isn't. You are thinking more along the lines of American or Western artists who for the most part really do focus on singing and the music.

That isn't Kpop though...
What has kpop come to now idols arent singers smhh

Does she not sing in their albums on stage etc?

Oh well!!!
 
  • Angry
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread