Should more Idols be unapologetic themselves? (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
More recently, I'm definitely looking on Jessi with this thread.
She has always been pretty much just unapologetic with what she said in interviews or commenting on criticism towards her.
Seeing how she still pretty much hit it off big in 2020 I would definitely like to see more Idols just not trying to fake reactions etc., that surely is easier with soloists rather than group members since they still have like a certain image to sell?
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Yes, though that also means that fans need to accept that they might say or do things that aren't most idol like, polite, non-scandalous etc. The one's that are more open and put themselves out there usually get people after them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and mysteric

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,178
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,427
Ship
Wreck
I think it can be fine for an idol to go off in the right circumstances as some idols have done it to fan comments and been praised for it but I think there is a certain balance you'd have to strike between going off when it's deserved and doing it in a way that could build you a reputation for potentially having a bad attitude
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I think it can be fine for an idol to go off in the right circumstances as some idols have done it to fan comments and been praised for it but I think there is a certain balance you'd have to strike between going off when it's deserved and doing it in a way that could build you a reputation for potentially having a bad attitude
+1
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Honestly, with some idols it is really refreshing to see them be unapologetic for who they are. They have opinions too, and ofc I am not talking about extreme opinions that deal with race, religion, or anything to that extent. But the idols should be allowed to voice their opinion and not feel pressured to apologize just because a few people didn't like it.

Jessi is the perfect of example of that, so I agree with that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread