Simon Cowell will try to bring K-Pop to UK - X Factor Band (1 Viewer)

Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0

Basically, it's X Factor, but for creating new 1D and Little Mix.

This guy literally said he wants to create a band that will compete with BTS. And wants to start something called UK-Pop?

I mean, Spice Girls were a thing, Girls Aloud were a thing. Groups don't stick with the west.
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
UK-pop WTF
Let British do what they are the best. Music 😂
He said: “K-Pop is ruling the world. This is a show to find a band to launch UK-Pop. It’s more than winning a record contract, it’s starting a new music wave. “Every group will be put together by us — just like One Direction, Little Mix and Fifth Harmony. It’s people who represent Britain’s version of K-Pop. That was always our plan. We’ve just brought it forward a bit.”



new
music
wave
:wimwim:
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
He said: “K-Pop is ruling the world. This is a show to find a band to launch UK-Pop. It’s more than winning a record contract, it’s starting a new music wave. “Every group will be put together by us — just like One Direction, Little Mix and Fifth Harmony. It’s people who represent Britain’s version of K-Pop. That was always our plan. We’ve just brought it forward a bit.”



new
music
wave
:wimwim:
They are dumb 😓😓😓
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Let me promote a good current and new GG since the ones from his show will most likely flop, they are the first GG to be signed under the same label as the Spice Girls :sanapray:


I stan 🤗🤗
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
He can sure try :jisoosmh: I guess it can produce some results, both One Direction and Little Mix were popular. But new wave.. UK pop has always been pretty popular so will it rly be like new thing?
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
He can sure try :jisoosmh: I guess it can produce some results, both One Direction and Little Mix were popular. But new wave.. UK pop has always been pretty popular so will it rly be like new thing?
I hope not. As a fan of British music I guess I won’t like what he was talking about
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,413
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Well the Beatles were the first monster non us wave.(folks forget they started as a pure bubble gum group early Beatles is still my favorite for listening)

Menudo had some crazy reach.

SG and OD were kinda one offs but western groups self destruct well before a BTS moment comes along.
For example if EXO or TVXQ were western groups they would be dead. Yet in the kpop verse they are still powerful.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I guess it could be popular in the UK, especially since it is Simon Cowell, but it's pretty uncertain on how well it's going to do over here.

Tbh, we care more about the Bake Off anyway. :wimwim:
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I guess it could be popular in the UK, especially since it is Simon Cowell, but it's pretty uncertain on how well it's going to do over here.

Tbh, we care more about the Bake Off anyway. :wimwim:
Are you watching Junior Bake Off, because I’m obsessed.
 
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I guess it could be popular in the UK, especially since it is Simon Cowell, but it's pretty uncertain on how well it's going to do over here.

Tbh, we care more about the Bake Off anyway. :wimwim:
Even as a British person myself I don’t think it will be as popular as he hopes. One direction spilt up now make music that isn’t as popular and no one really talks about them as a band anymore. Everyone I hear talking about music are mostly US artists. There are only a hand full of British artists that are extremely popular and will still be liked years from now.

I notice a trend with musicians over here, they try follow what is most popular and rarely stick to one type of style, it would be different if they were evolving their music but most of the time they aren’t. By following trends a lot of them loose fans because they liked their music how it was and think it has been ruined by the artist changing it.

Everyone loves bake off, I don’t even watch tv much but if my parents put it on I will watch it.
 
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
X Factor is dead and buried in the UK, and has for a number of years. This is just Simon’s way of killing two birds with one stone. However as a British Kpop fan, there aren’t enough facepalms in the world to deal with this news.
He’s just trying to follow what is popular like most artists follow trends.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Are you watching Junior Bake Off, because I’m obsessed.
I wish :yolk:

My mocks are literally tomorrow so I'll have to wait :c
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
he literally had One Direction... if they had stayed together, BTS would have been nothing much ^^'
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Even as a British person myself I don’t think it will be as popular as he hopes. One direction spilt up now make music that isn’t as popular and no one really talks about them as a band anymore. Everyone I hear talking about music are mostly US artists. There are only a hand full of British artists that are extremely popular and will still be liked years from now.

I notice a trend with musicians over here, they try follow what is most popular and rarely stick to one type of style, it would be different if they were evolving their music but most of the time they aren’t. By following trends a lot of them loose fans because they liked their music how it was and think it has been ruined by the artist changing it.

Everyone loves bake off, I don’t even watch tv much but if my parents put it on I will watch it.
I think it's pretty cool when artists change completely different styles though, whether they're following the trend or not. It happens a lot in kpop too - Red Velvet are a really good example. UK pop doesn't really bring anything new to the table like you said - it pretty much mirrors American music. There isn't really a differentiation between the two anymore.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread