- Joined
- 5 November 2018
- Messages
- 1,166
- Reactions Received
- 7,659
- Location
- Lunar,CaratLand
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Female
- Ship
Yeah he’s using Kpop to boost X Factor’s ratings (I haven’t seen the new celeb version, but I imagine Strictly is hammering them there)He’s just trying to follow what is popular like most artists follow trends.
It’ll be worth the wait, I promise! And good luck on your mocks!!I wish
My mocks are literally tomorrow so I'll have to wait :c
Some artists that follow trends do it well but there are the ones who try to follow one but do it terribly. Like the ones who do it well have actually evolved their music to make it work. A lot of artist do drastically change their music but they are evolving it, making it better.I think it's pretty cool when artists change completely different styles though, whether they're following the trend or not. It happens a lot in kpop too - Red Velvet are a really good example. UK pop doesn't really bring anything new to the table like you said - it pretty much mirrors American music. There isn't really a differentiation between the two anymore.
I’m pretty sure it’s not gonna turn out the way he wants it. I haven’t seen it either as I don’t watch anything on the tv really.Yeah he’s using Kpop to boost X Factor’s ratings (I haven’t seen the new celeb version, but I imagine Strictly is hammering them there)
It’ll be worth the wait, I promise! And good luck on your mocks!!
Thank you! I'll need it TTIt’ll be worth the wait, I promise! And good luck on your mocks!!
Yeah this isn’t going to go anywhere, mainly because he seems to not have the slightest clue about kpop.I’m pretty sure it’s not gonna turn out the way he wants it. I haven’t seen it either as I don’t watch anything on the tv really.
I guess sth similar as Produce 101 ^^; But to be fair that isn't rly new thing either, girl and boy groups have been formed through shows a while in the west..I hope not. As a fan of British music I guess I won’t like what he was talking about
Pffff that’s ridiculousI guess sth similar as Produce 101 ^^; But to be fair that isn't rly new thing either, girl and boy groups have been formed through shows a while in the west..
Still not sure how well it would work. It seems like western artist value their individuality more than group spirit, somehow they end up breaking rather soon so member(s) can go solo.
And again UK pop is already really popular. Adele, Ed Sheeran, Dua Lipa.. from groups One Direction, Little Mix, Spice Girls.. like what is this new wave thing I don't get it. It seems like he wants just UK to dominate again, which they still are but now the spotlight is just shared a bit..
Probably not but from the sounds of it it's going be very similar to x FactorYeah this isn’t going to go anywhere, mainly because he seems to not have the slightest clue about kpop.
I'm sorry but that's bullshit, the only reason that they're doing this is because Little Mix have signed on to do an identical show for the BBC next year so they are gonna rush this out first to undermine the other show. It's a blatant copycat situation!He said: “K-Pop is ruling the world. This is a show to find a band to launch UK-Pop. It’s more than winning a record contract, it’s starting a new music wave. “Every group will be put together by us — just like One Direction, Little Mix and Fifth Harmony. It’s people who represent Britain’s version of K-Pop. That was always our plan. We’ve just brought it forward a bit.”
new
music
wave
![]()
I would literally rather have them make a remake of this than do another tired version of the X Factor...Isn't this going to be similar to Popstars: The Rivals back in 2002?
![]()
True! I mean, Girls Aloud had a great 10-year run and was made through this show, although One true Voice didn't do as well.I would literally rather have them make a remake of this than do another tired version of the X Factor...
TBH I have no issue with Simon making more groups because I like pop groups in general and he's made some good ones in the past but this one just seems a little off because of them stealing the idea from Little Mix plus the whole "UK-POP" thing is just cringe to the max!True! I mean, Girls Aloud had a great 10-year run and was made through this show, although One true Voice didn't do as well.
Yeah, it does seem like he's stealing the idea from Little Mix.TBH I have no issue with Simon making more groups because I like pop groups in general and he's made some good ones in the past but this one just seems a little off because of them stealing the idea from Little Mix plus the whole "UK-POP" thing is just cringe to the max!
I think he's just gonna make a normal pop group like Little Mix or One Direction but just teach them how to dance better... he tried to do the same thing with his American group Pretty Much but they never really took off in the way that he wanted them to.Yeah, it does seem like he's stealing the idea from Little Mix.
He probably thinks that because he's managed them and helped them get to where they are, that he doesn't want them to succeed anymore unless he's there with them to succeed, but what he's got to realise is, he has done his job for them and now he has to let go.
Yeah, the 'UK-POP' thing is really cringey lol I mean, if he does want to do something like K-pop, then how exactly will he do it? Would it be like the tough training kpop stars go through? would there be specific music shows? would there be a certain image the bands will have to portray? or what?
I see, but if he failed with America, what makes him think he'll succeed with the UK? The UK and US music scenes aren't really that much different, maybe a little but they are still quite similar in ways, so it will probably be a disaster.I think he's just gonna make a normal pop group like Little Mix or One Direction but just teach them how to dance better... he tried to do the same thing with his American group Pretty Much but they never really took off in the way that he wanted them to.