Simon Cowell will try to bring K-Pop to UK - X Factor Band (1 Viewer)

Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
He’s just trying to follow what is popular like most artists follow trends.
Yeah he’s using Kpop to boost X Factor’s ratings (I haven’t seen the new celeb version, but I imagine Strictly is hammering them there)

I wish :yolk:

My mocks are literally tomorrow so I'll have to wait :c
It’ll be worth the wait, I promise! And good luck on your mocks!!
 
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think it's pretty cool when artists change completely different styles though, whether they're following the trend or not. It happens a lot in kpop too - Red Velvet are a really good example. UK pop doesn't really bring anything new to the table like you said - it pretty much mirrors American music. There isn't really a differentiation between the two anymore.
Some artists that follow trends do it well but there are the ones who try to follow one but do it terribly. Like the ones who do it well have actually evolved their music to make it work. A lot of artist do drastically change their music but they are evolving it, making it better.

But it’s sometimes a down grade. An example is a metal band that I liked decided to go for more of a poppy vibe with their new album and a lot of people really disliked it, because they knew the band for being metal, so such a drastic change was actually bad for them. There are a few likeable songs on the album but not many.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and potato
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah he’s using Kpop to boost X Factor’s ratings (I haven’t seen the new celeb version, but I imagine Strictly is hammering them there)



It’ll be worth the wait, I promise! And good luck on your mocks!!
I’m pretty sure it’s not gonna turn out the way he wants it. I haven’t seen it either as I don’t watch anything on the tv really.
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I’m pretty sure it’s not gonna turn out the way he wants it. I haven’t seen it either as I don’t watch anything on the tv really.
Yeah this isn’t going to go anywhere, mainly because he seems to not have the slightest clue about kpop.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I hope not. As a fan of British music I guess I won’t like what he was talking about
I guess sth similar as Produce 101 ^^; But to be fair that isn't rly new thing either, girl and boy groups have been formed through shows a while in the west..

Still not sure how well it would work. It seems like western artist value their individuality more than group spirit, somehow they end up breaking rather soon so member(s) can go solo.

And again UK pop is already really popular. Adele, Ed Sheeran, Dua Lipa.. from groups One Direction, Little Mix, Spice Girls.. like what is this new wave thing I don't get it. It seems like he wants just UK to dominate again, which they still are but now the spotlight is just shared a bit..
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I guess sth similar as Produce 101 ^^; But to be fair that isn't rly new thing either, girl and boy groups have been formed through shows a while in the west..

Still not sure how well it would work. It seems like western artist value their individuality more than group spirit, somehow they end up breaking rather soon so member(s) can go solo.

And again UK pop is already really popular. Adele, Ed Sheeran, Dua Lipa.. from groups One Direction, Little Mix, Spice Girls.. like what is this new wave thing I don't get it. It seems like he wants just UK to dominate again, which they still are but now the spotlight is just shared a bit..
Pffff that’s ridiculous
 
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah this isn’t going to go anywhere, mainly because he seems to not have the slightest clue about kpop.
Probably not but from the sounds of it it's going be very similar to x Factor
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I honestly can‘t see it working out. at least in the long run
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
He said: “K-Pop is ruling the world. This is a show to find a band to launch UK-Pop. It’s more than winning a record contract, it’s starting a new music wave. “Every group will be put together by us — just like One Direction, Little Mix and Fifth Harmony. It’s people who represent Britain’s version of K-Pop. That was always our plan. We’ve just brought it forward a bit.”



new
music
wave
:wimwim:
I'm sorry but that's bullshit, the only reason that they're doing this is because Little Mix have signed on to do an identical show for the BBC next year so they are gonna rush this out first to undermine the other show. It's a blatant copycat situation!
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
as long as kpop groups like bts and blackpink are on the rise, I don't see a group like the ones Simon Cowell makes becoming as popular. kpop isn't even blocking western groups from getting big, they're just better overall. they keep up with the trends meanwhile groups in the west think this is still 2012 and just don't understand what's in right now. not to mention kpop idols, in general, are just more well rounded and give their fans more content, even the bare minimum content is more then what western groups give their fans.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Isn't this going to be similar to Popstars: The Rivals back in 2002?
I would literally rather have them make a remake of this than do another tired version of the X Factor...
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
True! I mean, Girls Aloud had a great 10-year run and was made through this show, although One true Voice didn't do as well.
TBH I have no issue with Simon making more groups because I like pop groups in general and he's made some good ones in the past but this one just seems a little off because of them stealing the idea from Little Mix plus the whole "UK-POP" thing is just cringe to the max!
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
TBH I have no issue with Simon making more groups because I like pop groups in general and he's made some good ones in the past but this one just seems a little off because of them stealing the idea from Little Mix plus the whole "UK-POP" thing is just cringe to the max!
Yeah, it does seem like he's stealing the idea from Little Mix.
He probably thinks that because he's managed them and helped them get to where they are, that he doesn't want them to succeed anymore unless he's there with them to succeed, but what he's got to realise is, he has done his job for them and now he has to let go.

Yeah, the 'UK-POP' thing is really cringey lol I mean, if he does want to do something like K-pop, then how exactly will he do it? Would it be like the tough training kpop stars go through? would there be specific music shows? would there be a certain image the bands will have to portray? or what?
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Yeah, it does seem like he's stealing the idea from Little Mix.
He probably thinks that because he's managed them and helped them get to where they are, that he doesn't want them to succeed anymore unless he's there with them to succeed, but what he's got to realise is, he has done his job for them and now he has to let go.

Yeah, the 'UK-POP' thing is really cringey lol I mean, if he does want to do something like K-pop, then how exactly will he do it? Would it be like the tough training kpop stars go through? would there be specific music shows? would there be a certain image the bands will have to portray? or what?
I think he's just gonna make a normal pop group like Little Mix or One Direction but just teach them how to dance better... he tried to do the same thing with his American group Pretty Much but they never really took off in the way that he wanted them to.
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think he's just gonna make a normal pop group like Little Mix or One Direction but just teach them how to dance better... he tried to do the same thing with his American group Pretty Much but they never really took off in the way that he wanted them to.
I see, but if he failed with America, what makes him think he'll succeed with the UK? The UK and US music scenes aren't really that much different, maybe a little but they are still quite similar in ways, so it will probably be a disaster.

Saying that though, if people are really into the band members and the band's become popular, it could succeed, I just don't think this UK-POP thing should be a thing lol
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I'll stay completely out of the loop as I always have with western pop music, so this doesn't change anything for me. I couldn't even name a One Direction song, and the only Little Mix I know is from the girls covering it on Queendom.

Apparently one of the Little Mix members is dating Alex Oxlade Chamberlain who plays for my club Liverpool FC, so yay :sanapray:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread