COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Rumor SM Blacklisting Over? (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

:welp: :welp: :welp:

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Not familiar with JYJ but aren't they blocked from varieties as well as music shows :dubuthink:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Only took 10 years....

Reactions Received
KS Coins
One day we gonna see Jessica in music shows and variety shows... Maybe in a few years :sanapray:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
There could still be sth about the channel since JYJ was able to act on kdramas and movies and participate in musicals. So I wouldn't be that hopeful yet, though I sure would love to see Jaejoong and Junsu both in varieties and music shows. SM has tortured them long enough and they don't deserve any of that, those two are one of most talented artists in South Korea and deserve to show it.

What is disgusting about the block is that it is highly illegal and SM was warned by court multiple times about it, but they didn't care and just kept breaking the law. I guess Seungri was right about korean law. If you are big corporation and have connections you don't really get punished just slap to wrist if even that.

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
There could still be sth about the channel since JYJ was able to act on kdramas and movies and participate in musicals. So I wouldn't be that hopeful yet, though I sure would love to see Jaejoong and Junsu both in varieties and music shows. SM has tortured them long enough and they don't deserve any of that, those two are one of most talented artists in South Korea and deserve to show it.

What is disgusting about the block is that it is highly illegal and SM was warned by court multiple times about it, but they didn't care and just kept breaking the law. I guess Seungri was right about korean law. If you are big corporation and have connections you don't really get punished just slap to wrist if even that.
I think the main reason SM can't influence their acting career is because they just don't have enough influence in that field.
They have a few successful actors but many that come from SM are disliked because they can't act

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Chosun and JTBC are all apart of the cable tv networks. SM can't blacklist there hence why even Jessica was allowed to appear on Mix Nine.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I'd only believe it being over if JYJ or Jessica appeared on music shows as that is the area SM definitely has influence over.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I forgot abt the blocking when SooYoung appeared on SBS Running Man last year.(since she left SM on sonewhat good terms, it may not mean much.)

I do wish Jess would go on main channel varieties (if SM stops blocking her) but by now she may choose to focus on fashion tv shows kinda like Sulli did her own vlive show(different since Sulli I think still in SM but not in f(x)/music career, at all?)

Still sucks for Jess not being in music shows for 5 yrs, tho.

Reactions Received
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
KS Coins
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
I forgot abt the blocking when SooYoung appeared on SBS Running Man last year.(since she left SM on sonewhat good terms, it may not mean much.)

I do wish Jess would go on main channel varieties (if SM stops blocking her) but by now she may choose to focus on fashion tv shows kinda like Sulli did her own vlive show(different since Sulli I think still in SM but not in f(x)/music career, at all?)

Sm don't block people with who they leave in good terms for example fly to the sky, hot members, henry, snsd members

They only block people who leave the agency in the middle of their contract

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
I don't keep up with their activities but it's not shocking since they already had 2 variety show on tv?

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins

sooyoung is definitely blocked too imo. she went on running man when her single came out but she didn't talk about it at all. she was only able to promote it in the same way jessica promoted her songs, on arirang and a few articles.

it's not really a block that's the sad part. it's like sm is encouraging these programs not to reach out and if they did reach out to cancel last minute. jessica wasn't blocked by any means outside of music, but she was whenever she was up against snsd. so it would've been easy for sm to say "look, tiffany is going on these programs too it's better if you don't invite jessica". that's why jessica said all ppl had to do was invite her on and she could go on... she better get a fair chance now tho :(

Sm don't block people with who they leave in good terms for example fly to the sky, hot members, henry, snsd members

i don't think the snsd members who left sm aren't blocked. sooyoung wasn't able to promote her solo. seohyun's cover release was strangely delayed. tiffany is thriving in america but that's america. it seems to me that they all get to do whatever they want outside of music (acting, fashion, modeling, or kpop in tiffany's case) but they can't pursue music in the same way.

Last edited:

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

That's not really true. Everyone who's left SM on good or bad terms, have never been really able to promote their music as much as they did whilst they were in SM. For example, Hyorin left Starship but promotes just as much as she did when she was in SISTAR. The same, however, cannot be said for most who leave SM to pursue music.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
sooyoung wasn't able to promote her solo. seohyun's cover release was strangely delayed.
First seohyun cover is part of a project in honor of Cho yong pil and Girl SM might be Strong but not enough strong to interfer with something related to Cho yong pil Who is like a God of the singer in the music industry in South korea

and About Sooyoung She always said that she only do this for her fans and not for promoting the song or something else, and btw Nobody in this episode of Running man talk about their current activities because it was a special christmas only made to have some fun + it's not the first time that sooyoung have a project and don't promote it, she never promoted her exhibition even if it was a big thing for her in the radio where she goes, she only did it on her instagram and with her fanmeet , doesn't mean SM block her -___________-

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I'm confused but am posting here anyway to get to 700 posts n one more revamped SNSD badge.

Hope Jess n Tif n Seo n Soo get to do more music promos on tv when they release solo music in Korea. Tats all I'll say abt tat.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
That's not really true. Everyone who's left SM on good or bad terms, have never been really able to promote their music as much as they did whilst they were in SM. For example, Hyorin left Starship but promotes just as much as she did when she was in SISTAR. The same, however, cannot be said for most who leave SM to pursue music.
Shinwha are still actively promoting 20 years after in tv show even after they leave SM
Bada had no problems to promote in Music show after leaving SM
Fly to the sky either
and they are the only one since all the other prefered to go on different direction than singer career
and use their idol career to help them have an acting career like Seo Hyun jin or variety show career like Moon hee jun

let's not forget that 95% of the idols are not interested in the singer career and only use their idol career to have a foot in the entertainement industry to make easier their transition into acting etc....

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
Hope Jess n Tif n Seo n Soo get to do more music promos on tv
there's no chance

Seohyun and Sooyoung already said that they want an acting career, seohyun even said that she was tired of the singer career because she had to act a certain way and acting career give her more freedom
Sooyoung have never really been interested in Music, she was always more interested in Drama etc....
None of them wants to promote as a solo singer like taeyeon

Tiffany leave korea to success in US so i wouldn't understand the goal of promoting in Korean tv when her goal is to succeed in US

the only one who might have a little desire to have music promo on tv is Jessica and even her don't seem as interest than she was when she left SM and seems much more invested in her fashion career

Can we just be some good sones and support their decision to have their own path in their own field without complaining every time to not see them on Music promo tv

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
First seohyun cover is part of a project in honor of Cho yong pil and Girl SM might be Strong but not enough strong to interfer with something related to Cho yong pil Who is like a God of the singer in the music industry in South korea

and About Sooyoung She always said that she only do this for her fans and not for promoting the song or something else, and btw Nobody in this episode of Running man talk about their current activities because it was a special christmas only made to have some fun + it's not the first time that sooyoung have a project and don't promote it, she never promoted her exhibition even if it was a big thing for her in the radio where she goes, she only did it on her instagram and with her fanmeet , doesn't mean SM block her -___________-
so there's nothing fishy about seohyun revealing a cover project for december 25th weeks earlier, her making it abundantly clear it would come out as a christmas song, it already having been recorded, it not coming out and totally being forgotten about until MARCH when she finally gets herself an agency (one with power that can talk for her)...nothing fishy at all...? all sm would have to do is encourage whoever held the licence to the song to withhold it.

sooyoung saying it's only for her fans means as little to me as jessica saying it's only for her fans. they use this to save face bc they know sm screwed them over. running man is one thing, doesn't change the fact that she went on a radio show and wasn't even able to have her song play. every interview she did called it a solo debut. this wasn't a little fan project. this was her solo debut and it was swept under the rug bc she wasn't allowed to promote it. i wouldn't be surprised if she left echo for a different agency bc they weren't able to work around sm's bullshit.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Shinwha are still actively promoting 20 years after in tv show even after they leave SM
Bada had no problems to promote in Music show after leaving SM
Fly to the sky either
and they are the only one since all the other prefered to go on different direction than singer career
and use their idol career to help them have an acting career like Seo Hyun jin or variety show career like Moon hee jun

let's not forget that 95% of the idols are not interested in the singer career and only use their idol career to have a foot in the entertainement industry to make easier their transition into acting etc....
SHINWHA is special though. All of the boys and especially Eric did everything so they can stay as 6 eventhough SM just wanted to resign 5 of them. They really fought their way to continue in the original line up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread