- Joined
- 18 December 2022
- Messages
- 7,682
- Reactions Received
- 9,726
- Location
- Hali's Heart <<3
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 23,622
- Fandom
- Lol Guess
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- Vroom/Skrrt
- Ship
- Wreck
Discounting the remixes. And honestly, I'm surprised.
There's this certain stigma to Produce groups: That they are created for short-term profit only which sacrifices great musical ability. This is most obvious in IoI imo, it doesn't matter how lazy the song producing is, it'll still make money, and for me that's what we saw in Dream Girls and Whatta Man. I know Iz*One is more hit and miss (Panorama will always be amazing), but the thoughts are still the same. X1 disbanded too late to see how they'd play out. So I was expecting Wanna One to be relatively the same.
Colour me wrong. Like, dead wrong. They have some stellar gems in their discography which I didn't expect.
To Be One, their debut single, is amazing. Energetic is a great debut that will be hailed as one of best 3rd gen. Burn it up is a dance banger and Wanna Be is sweet bubblegum pop that is right up my alley, it's pretty funky too, reminds me of what happened by golcha. All hits, no skips.
Nothing Without You is pretty good, I think beautiful is a bit generic, but Wanna is pretty good, Twilight too.
I Promise You is a great EP, despite not liking Boomerang. I Promise You (the song) is the stand out, though we are and day by day are great too!
Undivided is where the quality starts to drop in my opinion. Light is mediorce at best, but I have a feeling it'll grow on me more. Kangaroo is vibey but not for me. Undivided, however, holds my favourite song of Wanna One's discography: Forever and a day. If you know me, then you know I don't usually do ballads. But forever and a day is sooooooooooooooo good like mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it's great im fangirling its that good!!!!!!!!! Sandglass is also pretty good.
Unfortunately, Power Of Destiny is their worst release for me. The b sides just don't do it. Spring Breeze, however, is such a great song to disband on. Emotional yet happy. It's a very bittersweet song, and album.
I was left with this weird feeling at the end, one of complete frustration. The worst aspect of Wanna One's discography is that their debut single was the peak of their music. Burn It Up, Energetic and Wanna Be are all solid songs. It seems like the production team behind them stopped giving a shit during Boomerang though, at least single-wise. But even with that, I was quite flabbergasted at the amazing b sides some EPs had. Maybe it's because of the Produce stigma I caught. I also don't think much has changed since their disbandment quality wise; Wanna One's post acts haven't been the best (though are some great releases out there ie Cinema by Cix). Idk how to end this, yeah just colour me shcoked. Thanks for reading my brain dump <<3
The stand outs of Wanna One's discography are energetic, wanna be, day by day, forever and a day, and I Promise You.
There's this certain stigma to Produce groups: That they are created for short-term profit only which sacrifices great musical ability. This is most obvious in IoI imo, it doesn't matter how lazy the song producing is, it'll still make money, and for me that's what we saw in Dream Girls and Whatta Man. I know Iz*One is more hit and miss (Panorama will always be amazing), but the thoughts are still the same. X1 disbanded too late to see how they'd play out. So I was expecting Wanna One to be relatively the same.
Colour me wrong. Like, dead wrong. They have some stellar gems in their discography which I didn't expect.
To Be One, their debut single, is amazing. Energetic is a great debut that will be hailed as one of best 3rd gen. Burn it up is a dance banger and Wanna Be is sweet bubblegum pop that is right up my alley, it's pretty funky too, reminds me of what happened by golcha. All hits, no skips.
Nothing Without You is pretty good, I think beautiful is a bit generic, but Wanna is pretty good, Twilight too.
I Promise You is a great EP, despite not liking Boomerang. I Promise You (the song) is the stand out, though we are and day by day are great too!
Undivided is where the quality starts to drop in my opinion. Light is mediorce at best, but I have a feeling it'll grow on me more. Kangaroo is vibey but not for me. Undivided, however, holds my favourite song of Wanna One's discography: Forever and a day. If you know me, then you know I don't usually do ballads. But forever and a day is sooooooooooooooo good like mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it's great im fangirling its that good!!!!!!!!! Sandglass is also pretty good.
Unfortunately, Power Of Destiny is their worst release for me. The b sides just don't do it. Spring Breeze, however, is such a great song to disband on. Emotional yet happy. It's a very bittersweet song, and album.
I was left with this weird feeling at the end, one of complete frustration. The worst aspect of Wanna One's discography is that their debut single was the peak of their music. Burn It Up, Energetic and Wanna Be are all solid songs. It seems like the production team behind them stopped giving a shit during Boomerang though, at least single-wise. But even with that, I was quite flabbergasted at the amazing b sides some EPs had. Maybe it's because of the Produce stigma I caught. I also don't think much has changed since their disbandment quality wise; Wanna One's post acts haven't been the best (though are some great releases out there ie Cinema by Cix). Idk how to end this, yeah just colour me shcoked. Thanks for reading my brain dump <<3
The stand outs of Wanna One's discography are energetic, wanna be, day by day, forever and a day, and I Promise You.
Last edited: