So like why...? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Why is #itsokaytobewhite trending and why is it just a bunch of people attacking skin color and posting kpop videos???

Like shut the actual fuck up. People act like saying it's ok to be white is a fucking crime and then wonder why people maybe say it???
Maybe because people ACT LIKE IT'S A FUCKING CRIME SHUT UP OMFG.

Also, this isn't directed at anyone on here I'm just venting at the stupidity. Also I'm ignoring some of the posts people are making under the hashtag because I legit don't have time for this bullshit.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Also bless the people on the hashtag spreading love for every skin color and race like you fucking go BOO BOO!
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Why do kpop fans feel the need to always have fancams underneath their tweets? I'm trying to read the tweets but I keep getting interrupted. :jisoosmh:

Edit: Most of the top tweets are about how the hashtag is really stupid. I scrolled through the hashtag for a solid 5 minutes and I couldn't really find anything to do with white people being oppressed. It's trending now because of the hatred towards the hashtag more than the support for it.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Why do kpop fans feel the need to always have fancams underneath their tweets? I'm trying to read the tweets but I keep getting interrupted. :jisoosmh:

Edit: Most of the top tweets are about how the hashtag is really stupid. I scrolled through the hashtag for a solid 5 minutes and I couldn't really find anything to do with white people being oppressed. It's trending now because of the hatred towards the hashtag more than the support for it.
That's my exact point though-I can barely find anything about people saying it's ok to be white. All I see are people freaking out about how the hashtag is wrong, not right and all this other crap. The over the top reaction to a few simple words gives those few simple words way too much power and is also just making these people out to look worse. I even came across a tweet calling white people a disease. Like...and you wonder maybe why this hashtag even became a thing in the first place??? (though to be fair I still can't find it)
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
Twitter does a lot of strange things with their trending section so I just stopped paying attention.

For the main point I don't think people fully realise just how much of a problem racism is in the world currently. I'd go as far to say with the ease of access to information we have right now the world is probably at an all time high for racism overall.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
That's my exact point though-I can barely find anything about people saying it's ok to be white. All I see are people freaking out about how the hashtag is wrong, not right and all this other crap. The over the top reaction to a few simple words gives those few simple words way too much power and is also just making these people out to look worse. I even came across a tweet calling white people a disease. Like...and you wonder maybe why this hashtag even became a thing in the first place??? (though to be fair I still can't find it)
Yeah, I agree with you. I saw some blatant racism there but it seemed to be deemed 'acceptable' because it was towards people of lighter skin. Racism can go both ways. People think you can be racist to white people because they haven't been racially oppressed before. Although racial oppresion stemmed from discriminating people with darker skin, it doesn't mean it can't go the other way.
 
Last edited:

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Yeah, I agree with you. I saw some blatant racism there but it seemed to be deemed 'acceptable' because it was towards people of lighter skin. Racism can go both ways. People think you can be racism to white people because they haven't been racially oppressed before. Although racial oppresion stemmed from discriminating people with darker skin, it doesn't mean it can't go the other way.
I actually believe the word slavery came from the word Slav so I'm not entirely sure that holds true (Correct me if I'm wrong). Most of the people making these comments are most likely from the west and have been indoctrinated to believe that racism only goes one way when that has never been the case. To say otherwise is well...racist. I just think people have lost their fucking shit.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I actually believe the word slavery came from the word Slav so I'm not entirely sure that holds true (Correct me if I'm wrong). Most of the people making these comments are most likely from the west and have been indoctrinated to believe that racism only goes one way when that has never been the case. To say otherwise is well...racist. I just think people have lost their fucking shit.
That's pretty interesting. I researched into it and you're right. Slavery does come from the word Slav who did have lighter skin. But the people who took them in also had lighter skin so I don't think it was a matter of racial differences at the time.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Clearly I'm uninformed of the white struggle.

When has it ever not been okay to be white?
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
That's pretty interesting. I researched into it and you're right. Slavery does come from the word Slav who did have lighter skin. But the people who took them in also had lighter skin so I don't think it was a matter of racial differences at the time.
I actually believe the word slavery came from the word Slav so I'm not entirely sure that holds true (Correct me if I'm wrong). Most of the people making these comments are most likely from the west and have been indoctrinated to believe that racism only goes one way when that has never been the case. To say otherwise is well...racist. I just think people have lost their fucking shit.
The slavery that Slavs, Greeks and other Eastern Europeans faced were mainly for economic reasons like debts. In some cases, freedom could be earned through time or enlisting in the military. Sometimes it was religious reasons but there was no difference between owner and slave. That's a classism issue

The slavery experienced by black people was because of a perceived racial superiority that was reinforced overtime until it was understood that being beneath white people was a black persons natural state. That is a racial issue

People really need to stop equating the two
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
And it's odd how people are using this argument to be racist against white people...this is honestly so out of hand.
Obviously it's not okay to be racist towards white people.

But I'm really not seeing the point of the hashtag as if there are major real world ramifications for Caucasians in western society that would warrant it

What's the point?
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Obviously it's not okay to be racist towards white people.

But I'm really not seeing the point of the hashtag as if there are major real world ramifications for Caucasians in western society that would warrant it

What's the point?
The point is that people like to act as if white people are oppressed, when they're not.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
The slavery that Slavs, Greeks and other Eastern Europeans faced were mainly for economic reasons like debts. In some cases, freedom could be earned through time or enlisting in the military. Sometimes it was religious reasons but there was no difference between owner and slave. That's a classism issue

The slavery experienced by black people was because of a perceived racial superiority that was reinforced overtime until it was understood that being beneath white people was a black persons natural state. That is a racial issue

People really need to stop equating the two
Either way, people of all kinds have suffered at the hands of others. Whether it be for religion, economics, skin color, class, sexuality and more. It isn't an excuse to constantly harass and belittle people because of what happened in the past or because of what people that share a feature with them did in the past or present. You can't constantly shit on people and then expect them to be ok with it-stop generalizing IN GENERAL.

It never ends well, and it's a horrible thing that has somehow become popularized with this idea of being "progressive". It isn't progressive. It's stale and a means to divide people further. If we want to learn from the past we can't fucking repeat it by dividing others constantly by the wrongs of their ancestors (if their ancestors even did anything to begin with because mind you not all fucking white people have slave owners in their history or in their blood line).

If we want to move on from the past and be a united front we need to fucking move on from the past-address it and admit it happened and acknowledge those tragedies and wrongdoings but stop dwelling on it to the point that it hinders progress overall. It's fucking pointless and just creates more friction and more problems.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
The point of this thread was to point out how it's stupid that saying "its ok to be white" is a problem to begin with because no skin color should be told it's not ok to be that skin color or that race. It's fucking ridiculous that it became such an issue to begin with-that is literally the whole fucking point not "Oh woah white people are oppressed".

FYI I still don't know why the hashtag was even created to begin with because for the most part all I see are people going at white people and barely anyone actually saying it's ok to be white.
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
The point of this thread was to point out how it's stupid that saying "its ok to be white" is a problem to begin with because no skin color should be told it's not ok to be that skin color or that race. It's fucking ridiculous that it became such an issue to begin with-that is literally the whole fucking point not "Oh woah white people are oppressed".

FYI I still don't know why the hashtag was even created to begin with because for the most part all I see are people going at white people and barely anyone actually saying it's ok to be white.
Honestly, I can see how people can view it both ways.

For example, white people have never been oppressed due to their skin color, so it has always been socially acceptable to be white.

On the other hand, people use this as a reason to be racist towards white people over something the can't control.

So I can see how this can make both parties upset. Reminds me of the whole feminism issue. You should always embrace your gender, as you should your race, even if you are a white male. Yet you have extremists who view white males as " inferior " due to those who came before them, which is not in any form acceptable. Because at the end of the day, the goal is gender equality, as is the goal with racial equality here.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Either way, people of all kinds have suffered at the hands of others. Whether it be for religion, economics, skin color, class, sexuality and more.
There's a lot wrong with this
Either way, people of all kinds have suffered at the hands of others. Whether it be for religion, economics, skin color, class, sexuality and more. It isn't an excuse to constantly harass and belittle people because of what happened in the past or because of what people that share a feature with them did in the past or present. You can't constantly shit on people and then expect them to be ok with it-stop generalizing IN GENERAL.

It never ends well, and it's a horrible thing that has somehow become popularized with this idea of being "progressive". It isn't progressive. It's stale and a means to divide people further. If we want to learn from the past we can't fucking repeat it by dividing others constantly by the wrongs of their ancestors (if their ancestors even did anything to begin with because mind you not all fucking white people have slave owners in their history or in their blood line).

If we want to move on from the past and be a united front we need to fucking move on from the past-address it and admit it happened and acknowledge those tragedies and wrongdoings but stop dwelling on it to the point that it hinders progress overall. It's fucking pointless and just creates more friction and more problems.
The problem with the "learn from the past" concept is that most Americans are unaware of the things that have happened outside of slavery, the ramifications those actions have that still exist today and issues that still need addressing. Slavery, two MLK quotes, a thin understanding of Jim Crow and the Civil Rights act is essentially all that's in most curricula and makes up the bulk of what most people know. You can't move on if you don't truly understand. and most people don't want to understand Educating yourself and seeing the actual issues is the first step to progress.
Acknowledge the past, correct the present and constantly work towards a better future.
This mentality of "Slavery was xxx years ago, I had nothing to do with it, everything is fine now and I can't be inconvenienced with people telling me otherwise" is the biggest issue facing progress, not white people getting trolled on Twitter.

Again, I'm unaware of actual aggression and retaliation being aimed towards white people in the real world that's damaging or would be decisive. I see hatefulness on social media, but that can also be applied to every race, sex, gender, sexuality etc. Day to day how does this actually affect you? How much? How many people actually treat you differently?
I really don't understand and it sounds like people who don't understand actual oppression, trying to make themselves seem oppressed as of their issues are the same.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
that’s just so stupid. people should respect everyone
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread