COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

so sm wants seulgi to be the star post red velvet? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ya mama
i think it’s obvious sm wants seulgi to be their next big solo....but aren’t they doing the bare minimum to promote her?? if they want seulgi to really pop off they’re gonna have to give her better songs than wow thing

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yup, exactly. They want her to be the Taeyeon almost, but they're not even giving her a solo after 6/7 years of debuting.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I'm kind of surprised by this because I never got that feeling. But maybe I just don't pay attention plus her voice is good but it's not strong enough to be the next Taeyeon that would be for Wendy more like.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm kind of surprised by this because I never got that feeling. But maybe I just don't pay attention plus her voice is good but it's not strong enough to be the next Taeyeon that would be for Wendy more like.
I meant more in terms of solo music. Taeyeon is really the only SNSD girl successful with her solo music career, which is what I meant for Seulgi.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
SM like to wait around seven years before official solo debuts, so if she debuts this year I wouldn't be surprised.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I meant more in terms of solo music. Taeyeon is really the only SNSD girl successful with her solo music career, which is what I meant for Seulgi.
Ah sorry my bad
:haylul:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multifan
I don't think so. I think they might do wendy or joy first then seulgi then yeri and Irene. Joy is already a Digimon with one song so imagine

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Collabs and OSTs are a way to get a solo career going but none of the ones Seulgi has done have really come to fruition so they probably don't think a Seulgi solo album will go well either

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
She needs better collabs, the last ones she did with people outside SM were 3 years ago and it's no coincidence that they did the best.
I still maintain that I&S should have been S&J. Seulgi and Joy are both clearly being pushed to be musical It Girls, and their voices compliment each other super well.
Had they come in the summer with a proper summer song, they could have rivaled psycho.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multifan
She needs better collabs, the last ones she did with people outside SM were 3 years ago and it's no coincidence that they did the best.
I still maintain that I&S should have been S&J. Seulgi and Joy are both clearly being pushed to be musical It Girls, and their voices compliment each other super well.
Had they come in the summer with a proper summer song, they could have rivaled psycho.
If it was seulgi and joy it would not have been as popular. Plus Irene and Seulgi are the most popular members of the group. I and S are the best selling female subunit at the moment so I have to disagree. SM was Right to do Irene and Seulgi subunit because people had been begging for it since their greedy stage at that one SM concert

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
If it was seulgi and joy it would not have been as popular. Plus Irene and Seulgi are the most popular members of the group. I and S are the best selling female subunit at the moment so I have to disagree. SM was Right to do Irene and Seulgi subunit because people had been begging for it since their greedy stage at that one SM concert
Joy is still pretty close to Seulgi in terms of popularity and had her best year to date in 2020.
Irene's fans contributed a lot to sales but she really didn't get anything out of it since she's going into acting. Joy probably wouldn't have brought as many sales but she'd have made up for it in listeners because of her record-breaking OST.

I just think it would have been more to gain if it had been Joy and Seulgi

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multifan
Joy is still pretty close to Seulgi in terms of popularity and had her best year to date in 2020.
Irene's fans contributed a lot to sales but she really didn't get anything out of it since she's going into acting. Joy probably wouldn't have brought as many sales but she'd have made up for it in listeners because of her record-breaking OST.

I just think it would have been more to gain if it had been Joy and Seulgi
Even though Irene is transitioning to acting, and modeling endeavors, she still got something out of it. She was able to showcase her singing and dancing abilities and finally get recognized. So I wouldn't say she didn't get anything out of the subunit. people finally appreciate her talent and not just her face. If it was Seulgi and Joy I can tell you the majority of fans would not have been that hyped for it like they were hyped for seulgi and Irene. Plus Irene and Seulgi are the main and lead dancers respectively. I would rather be a joyri subunit or just go solo. I don't think there would be more to gain with seulgi and joy. Plus Seulgi and Irene's voices blend better anyways. Joy has a bright bubbly voice and with I and S being a dark concept, her voice would have been out of place. Joy matches better with wendy or yeri

Last edited:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
It's obvious she's been one of their top picks since her rookie days and for good reason lol. She'll undoubtedly get solo opportunities and obviously has the talent, it comes down to what kinda music she's given.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread