News So Twice is making an OT8 comeback (1 Viewer)

Joined
20 February 2019
Messages
522
Reactions Received
1,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Basically JYP just confirmed they are coming back. JYP also stated that Mina won’t participate in there Japan tour later this year (or at least til further notice) which is set between October this year to Feb 2020. With Mina First public appearance last month she obviously wasn’t ok at all either. So my bet this is gonna be an OT8 comeback that’s gonna come out in September to early October. Is JYP making the right move by making Twice comeback without Mina Or was this a mistake? (Or do you think Mina is ok now and this will be an OT9 comeback)
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think they might have her in the MV and then keep her out of promotions either way, I think Mina needs to do what is best for HER. Recovering from anxiety is a very tricky thing and throwing yourself into a situation that you're not mentally prepared for can make your anxiety worse than it even was initially. Overall, I don't think her missing one or even two comebacks is that big of a deal, especially for a group like Twice that have such regular and consistent comebacks, members sit out of comebacks due to sickness or injury all of the time.

I know it'll be weird for fans to see them perform as 8 especially considering the reason behind Mina's absence but in the grand scheme of things, this isn't that big of a deal for right now.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,271
Reactions Received
76,672
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,950
Ship
Wreck
While it will be a shame if Mina isn't part of the comeback as cruel as it is they can't wait for her to comeback as it's an undetermined amount of time so while she could comeback in a month or two she could also decide she wants to do something else. JYP especially already had a situation like this which waiting turned out to be a waste of time so I doubt JYP is gonna take that chance again so the best you can hope is that they'll do what Oh My Girl did with Coloring Book and have Mina in the MV some way even if it's something that more symbolises her than actually being her.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,091
Reactions Received
52,960
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,224
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I think they might have her in the MV and then keep her out of promotions either way, I think Mina needs to do what is best for HER. Recovering from anxiety is a very tricky thing and throwing yourself into a situation that you're not mentally prepared for can make your anxiety worse than it even was initially. Overall, I don't think her missing one or even two comebacks is that big of a deal, especially for a group like Twice that have such regular and consistent comebacks, members sit out of comebacks due to sickness or injury all of the time.

I know it'll be weird for fans to see them perform as 8 especially considering the reason behind Mina's absence but in the grand scheme of things, this isn't that big of a deal for right now.
While it will be a shame if Mina isn't part of the comeback as cruel as it is they can't wait for her to comeback as it's an undetermined amount of time so while she could comeback in a month or two she could also decide she wants to do something else. JYP especially already had a situation like this which waiting turned out to be a waste of time so I doubt JYP is gonna take that chance again so the best you can hope is that they'll do what Oh My Girl did with Coloring Book and have Mina in the MV some way even if it's something that more symbolises her than actually being her.
Even as a not a Once, I felt so bad for Mina seeing her airport photos. On one hand I felt she shd hv her privacy but if we dint see her like that, we would thot she was bk in Korea n alright.
Hopefully Onces will be as gracious as you 2 n let Mina make the right decision for her best interests watever it might be.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,271
Reactions Received
76,672
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,950
Ship
Wreck
Even as a not a Once, I felt so bad for Mina seeing her airport photos. On one hand I felt she shd hv her privacy but if we dint see her like that, we would thot she was bk in Korea n alright.
Hopefully Onces will be as gracious as you 2 n let Mina make the right decision for her best interests watever it might be.
Well I have experience of being in that position of a member being out and not knowing when or if they will comeback with Solji, Yuju and JinE. It is worrying being there and possibly seeing the group you know lose a member but you just have to hope for the best and especially with Mina since she's dealing with anxiety she really needs to put herself first.

While that may mean Twice end up losing a member, i'm sure Mina would only make that choice if she felt she absolutely had to so you just have to be understanding and support her in whatever she does after as that meant to JinE and i'm sure if it comes to it it'll mean a lot to Mina too.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Honestly, I think it would be better if Mina didn’t participate at all. Anxiety isn’t something that can be cured quickly, and I know this from personal experience. When looking at her airport photos, I thought that she just looked miserable. She needs as much time as possible away from promoting just so she can get better.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Honestly, I think it would be better if Mina didn’t participate at all. Anxiety isn’t something that can be cured quickly, and I know this from personal experience. When looking at her airport photos, I thought that she just looked miserable. She needs as much time as possible away from promoting just so she can get better.
I agree. I’d rather her not be included at all but knowing the stigma against mental health in South Korea and Japan, I feel like they’ll force her to anyways. Mina just looked miserable and tired. Hopefully her mother can do something for her but since Mina’s no longer a minor, I don’t think she can influence the contract.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I agree. I’d rather her not be included at all but knowing the stigma against mental health in South Korea and Japan, I feel like they’ll force her to anyways. Mina just looked miserable and tired. Hopefully her mother can do something for her but since Mina’s no longer a minor, I don’t think she can influence the contract.
Yeah, unfortunately a lot of people could care less about someone’s mental health. I hope they don’t force her to do anything that she isn’t ready for, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did it anyways. :/
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Defently want more information. I really want Mina healthy so I hope she isn't being forced to promote rn
 
  • Like
Reactions: mirella

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I can't see either working in favor of Mina
Mina is definitely not in the place where she can promote
If they exclude her completely, it might make her anxiety and insecurity worse. She might feel like she was being phased out
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread