So What Are Our Thoughts On Dalla Dalla Now? (1 Viewer)

What Are Your Thoughts?

  • Love

    Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Neutral

    Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Hate

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    37

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Okay so it's been a while since release and of course, the reactions were mixed, at first. However, I've learned that in Kpop after giving a song some time and a few more listens, you can definitely grow to appreciate it more.


So what are your thoughts on the song now? Still hate it? Can stand it now? On repeat?​
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
For me personally, the song has REALLY grown on me. I had a weird journey with the song. I LOVED it at first and then got annoyed with it the next few listens. Now it's just on repeat for me. Guess judging by it's chart performance, Korea felt the same because the song is growing more now than it did in the following days of its release.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I didn't like it at first, it wasn't what I expected. But it grew on me. I don't really really love it, but it's more than neutral, it's catchy and the girls are so pretty and talented.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
So this is what I posted on akp about a week ago (warning: long, basically I didn't like it but didn't hate it):
I didn't like the song that much. By this I mean that although there were definitely parts of it I enjoyed, overall it just wasn't that memorable to me and I feel like that's something a debut should be. I definitely liked that the lyrics were meaningful and confident, but when I listen to it I just don't feel anything. At least to me, it doesn't feel like it's coming from the heart, if that makes sense? Kinda like they're singing it but they don't actually register or feel passionate about what they're saying.

Aside from that personal vibe thing, I couldn't really tell who they were as a group. When I listened to it, I never got the "Now, THIS is ITZY" feeling. I couldn't really feel what they were trying to convey, their chemistry as a group, or get to know what each individual member is. Some members stood out, like Yeji, which I definitely appreciated since I didn't know much about her, and Yuna as well, but I feel like Ryujin, Chaeryoung, and especially Lia didn't really get to show what they're worth. This isn't really their fault, but they didn't really get any memorable parts in the song or mv (aside from Ryujin who got a bit of screen time).

On the topic of the mv, it was just a little jarring. I don't necessarily think it was bad, it definitely had a good budget and was well done, but I don't think it was appropriate for a debut. I also had the same problem with Cherry Bullet. The mvs were way too grandiose. For a debut, I'm trying to focus on the members and get to know them a little, but with all the effects and lights it makes it hard to do that. Would have worked for a comeback, but for me, not a debut.

So that's basically what I didn't like about it. I will say though: The stages are definitely more fun to watch then the mv and from the one I've seen, they did a really good job performing. It's also very clear that they are all super talented and amazing. They have a lot of potential. So basically; it may have been a bad start and I won't be bopping to Dalla Dalla every day but I'm still interested in them and will definitely give them another shot next comeback.

My opinion is still basically the same but the song has grown on me a little bit more. It's not that bad and if it comes on, I won't skip it like I used to. Not the best song ever but I can appreciate more now. :)
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
255
Reactions Received
1,142
Location
Imaginationland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The teasers had me hyped, but was initially disappointed in the song. I still feel its 3-4 separate songs crammed into one, but it has grown on me. I actually like it a lot now. Also, the girls choreography is pretty much perfect every performance. I look forward to what they come out with in the future.
 
Last edited:

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
The teasers had my hyped, but was initially disappointed in the song. I still feel its 3-4 separate songs crammed into one, but it has grown on me. I actually like it a lot now. Also, the girls choreography is pretty much perfect every performance. I look forward to what they come out with in the future.
I feel like that's most Kpop songs these days lol
 
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,041
Reactions Received
4,458
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pretty much the same as before, it's a mess of songwriting that clearly doesn't know what it wants to be so it takes turns doing other things poorly. Especially underwhelming for a JYP debut. Nothing really to say about the girls themselves, they may end up being great, but this song ain't it. I don't hate it but it's one of many recent tracks that just leaves no lasting impression, and maybe that's worse.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Pretty much the same as before, it's a mess of songwriting that clearly doesn't know what it wants to be so it takes turns doing other things poorly. Especially underwhelming for a JYP debut. Nothing really to say about the girls themselves, they may end up being great, but this song ain't it. I don't hate it but it's one of many recent tracks that just leaves no lasting impression, and maybe that's worse.
Oof :maheart:
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I enjoy it more now than I did upon my first listen. It's still not something that I would go out of my way to listen to but I see the appeal.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread