Appreciation Some won't believe me saying this (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
But Deja Vu might be my favorite K-Pop song of all time.



Nope, not A.C.E or Day6 or any other group's song, but Deja Vu.
I don't really know how to explain it but they are using techniques, is i guess the best word to describe it, that I love.
Like for example in Dami's verse from 1:40 to 1:46, just the way she sings it in that melody/rhythm is really rarely used but when singers do that it just sounds flawless.
And Handong's and Gahyeon's higher notes during their parts are just heavenly.
JiU's sweet voice in the short pre-chorus before the beat drop and her last few lines.
SuA rocking the last few "Deja Vus", her vocals are definitely so underrated.
And then you just have Yoohyeon with her soft vocals in contrast with Siyeons powerful vocals and especially both of their voices somehow sound so full of emotion.
Idk I could just talk about this song for months, and I haven't even talked about their visuals and all of that.​
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yes :sanapray: bless you adu
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
why can't you :wat:
I've always wanted to get into Dreamcatcher, since seeing females doing rock in Korea is extremely rare, and I love the concept of it. I just can't click with their music except for that one really popular song. They're hilarious girls, and they're all really talented, and I've been trying to like their music, but I just don't...it hurts honestly :nekosweat:
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I've always wanted to get into Dreamcatcher, since seeing females doing rock in Korea is extremely rare, and I love the concept of it. I just can't click with their music except for that one really popular song. They're hilarious girls, and they're all really talented, and I've been trying to like their music, but I just don't...it hurts honestly :nekosweat:
I was the same at the beginning, they always intrigued me but their first few title + albums didn't really click with me till they released What, maybe they'll release a song and album once in the future that will allow you to enjoy them more
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I was the same at the beginning, they always intrigued me but their first few title + albums didn't really click with me till they released What, maybe they'll release a song and album once in the future that will allow you to enjoy them more
I hope so, we need more females in the rock area. And gender aside, they're so good!
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Don't force yourself into liking a song, that's the worst thing you could do. If you like it, you like it, if you don't, you don't, it's that simple. Just keep it on a casual listen and see if it eventually gets there.
The songs that I don't like at first end up being my favorites, i.e Kill This Love, Zimzalabim, Fancy, TT, Shoot Me, Time of Our Life, etc.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I really wanted to like it, but I couldn't. :yolk:
Same here :yolk:

Rock is one of my favourite genres so I was really expecting to enjoy Dreamcatcher but I couldn't :( They have good songs but none of their songs stick out to me apart from a few... I love the girls and their concept though.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I didn't expect this :nakypog:
Not Under Cover by A.C.E, not a Gaho song?

I did not know that it was your favorite on the album, either—I assumed that honor belonged to Silent Night.

But yes, I've been loving Deja Vu too :sanapray:
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I didn't expect this :nakypog:
Not Under Cover by A.C.E, not a Gaho song?

I did not know that it was your favorite on the album, either—I assumed that honor belonged to Silent Night.

But yes, I've been loving Deja Vu too :sanapray:
Silent Night is a amazing bside but Deja Vu is just oof
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I wasn't sure at first but then it just grew on me immensely and is the complete opposite to PIRI for me.
I liked it from the start however I listened to Silent Night more at first, but then I started listening more to Deja Vu and it has gotten so much better for me as well than initially )even if i liked it alrdy)
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and Yoohyeon

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread