Something I find interesting on all this about cards (1 Viewer)

Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
A few weeks ago, I was lurking around the forum, and I clicked the Help link that's at the bottom of each KPS screen (Help). I saw the Cards link that's now showing there. It now says "Cards are special awards for unique and valuable actions. This page shows a list of all Cards." That description is exactly as I originally read it a few weeks ago.

Back when I originally found it, I posted the link on the ask the admins thread and I asked about it. The post was silently deleted, the Cards link was also deleted from the Help page (it was restored later since it's there now), and nothing was said whatsoever; so I figured it was something that was being planned and was not ready yet, so I said nothing else.

"unique and valuable actions", that's interesting. Is each quest consisting on 20 posts, 3 of them being the op of a new thread, a "unique and valuable action"? What I think it's happening is that cards were originally intended as something different from what they are now, and they were repurposed. Interesting.
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I think it is the same as when people were originally pointing out to be careful about spamming. One of these people was me, I´m not ashamed to admit that. I do prefer to have things neatly organised and I do feel a bit itchy about creating SO MANY THREADS, but now my moral compass is a bit shaky. I want those pretty cards, it is fun collecting them and giving them away, but also .... quality content, but I´m no intellectual and in the end of the day .... people are having fun, they are chatting, being friendly, even starting conversations that might have taken months to come and fans are being drawn together . Maybe that is a valuable content too . But I get you, I really do.

BUT THAT WARM FEELING OF HAVING YOUR FAVOURITES ON YOUR PROFILE, ISN´T THAT THRILLING :D?
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I'm pleased the common cards are essentially easy enough to get, as eventually if you are active enough you can collect them all.

But as @Vikki said, they are thinking of adding not only more cards from time to time, but also more "rare" cards that are untradeable. Maybe this is what the message you saw was about?

Those rare cards won't be that easy to get, so will require unique actions like winning event games etc.
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
I think it is the same as when people were originally pointing out to be careful about spamming. One of these people was me, I´m not ashamed to admit that. I do prefer to have things neatly organised and I do feel a bit itchy about creating SO MANY THREADS, but now my moral compass is a bit shaky. I want those pretty cards, it is fun collecting them and giving them away, but also .... quality content, but I´m no intellectual and in the end of the day .... people are having fun, they are chatting, being friendly, even starting conversations that might have taken months to come and fans are being drawn together . Maybe that is a valuable content too . But I get you, I really do.

BUT THAT WARM FEELING OF HAVING YOUR FAVOURITES ON YOUR PROFILE, ISN´T THAT THRILLING :D?
If by "valuable actions" they mean boosting forum activity; then they achieved it, at least temporarily. There is no guarantee this level of activity due to the cards will go on for very long.
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
If by "valuable actions" they mean boosting forum activity; then they achieved it, at least temporarily. There is no guarantee this level of activity due to the cards will go on for very long.
that is true. I understand the clever reason behind all of that. but on the other hand, we might get tired, but new people will come and maybe they will want to collect and so on. It is a win-win for both parties, I suppose. isn´t that how trade is done? :D

I think that most of us understand that we are basically just boasting the activity like crazy and we will continue to do so until our bellies are full and we don´t care, but personally I just really want to get out of "Nugu" stage and if I can get a card for it.... cool :D.
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Yes...... but my favourites have no cards.......
I know you are into jrock and metal, any chances they might be added? I have seen you like Dreamcatcher. I had one, but next time I see any around I´ll keep an eye open for you?
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,396
Reactions Received
151,407
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm pleased the common cards are essentially easy enough to get, as eventually if you are active enough you can collect them all.

But as @Vikki said, they are thinking of adding not only more cards from time to time, but also more "rare" cards that are untradeable. Maybe this is what the message you saw was about?

Those rare cards won't be that easy to get, so will require unique actions like winning event games etc.
All I will say is we have multiple things in the works for cards :pandatea:
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
I know you are into jrock and metal, any chances they might be added? I have seen you like Dreamcatcher. I had one, but next time I see any around I´ll keep an eye open for you?
Maybe PassCode since they already have badges. If I can reach to make Neo Japonism badges, they might get to have cards too. The other ones, I'm not sure; maybe never.
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Maybe PassCode since they already have badges. If I can reach to make Neo Japonism badges, they might get to have cards too. The other ones, I'm not sure; maybe never.
well, you are a valuable member, I´m sure mods see that and we can all help you out later. we´ll collect all the card for you. maybe not all your favs will get cards, but at least some!
I´ve long given up my dreams, but hey, never know how boring my life will be.... maybe in ten years, I´m still here collecting NCT ot58 :D
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
All I will say is we have multiple things in the works for cards :pandatea:
I can't wait to see what you guys have planned for cards! It's really cool and exciting!
:pandahappy:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,396
Reactions Received
151,407
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,144
Reactions Received
53,000
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
174,123
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I think the long term effect of having cards will be beneficial in increasing user engagement and retention. Even tho im now ambivalent (slightly) abt the cards, i just hv to rmbr:




5 "this forum is dead", threads -4 alone this year; 2
In the last 3 mths n only 5 days apart n the kicker 2 on the same date within presumably hours of each other.

Id be very happy nvr to see another "forum is dead" thread on KS ever again, (unless i need thread ideas n find no users ard posting at 12mn-6am US time.) LOL [@Yachii, you even made such a thread this year not 3 mths ago-i dont wanna see ya make any such threads abt "forum is dead" , ya hear]
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wicked

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,396
Reactions Received
151,407
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Landscape cards showing full groups?
We actually considered that, but some groups are so big that it wouldn't fit, like NCT.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread