News Starship states strong legal action will be taken for "Shownu" photos (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,239
Reactions Received
76,670
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,772
Ship
Wreck
Starship Entertainment has released a statement vowing to take strong legal action against a set of photos being spread and being tied to MONSTA X’s Shownu.

On November 3, an individual on Twitter posted three photos online and claimed that they were of MONSTA X’s Shownu. In the photos, a man can be seen sleeping on a bed in his underwear, and one of the photos is more explicit than the others as he appears to be fully unclothed. The photos in question seem to have been taken in secret while the man was asleep, and they began spreading quickly on social media and online communities.

Starship Entertainment has since released a statement regarding the photos. They stated:

Photos that were illegally manipulated in relation to Shownu have been spread online and through social media. We will be filing a report with the police on the first person who posted the photos, as well as those who have helped spread the photos, and we will work with our legal representative to pursue strong legal action through civil suits for compensation of damages on the basis of violating the Act on special cases concerning punishments of sexual violence crimes, circulating material deemed pornographic by the Act on Information and Communications Network, and violating personal rights.

Source​
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Not over for Shownu huh. I wouldn't be surprised if HSH was tied to these photos or their release in someway.

I'm not sure if they are manipulated like Starship says. I have seen before idols faces being photoshopped into naked bodies. So it could be or they could be real too, similar as with sex scandal Seungri had. If they are real photos, I think distributing them might still be against the law, isn't it essentially same thing that Katalk group did. Poor guy though.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
This is honestly so sad and disrespectful! I know getting your nudes leaked is always awful but I always feel extra bad for the people who have the photos taken without consent.

I haven't seen the photos myself but I've heard a few people say that they don't think they're of him anyway, not that it really matters, the rumour is already out there now...
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
This is honestly so sad and disrespectful! I know getting your nudes leaked is always awful but I always feel extra bad for the people who have the photos taken without consent.

I haven't seen the photos myself but I've heard a few people say that they don't think they're of him anyway, not that it really matters, the rumour is already out there now...
This is really awful time for MonstaX. They just started promotions, had member leave just before it and probably tons of issues redoing choreography and getting their heads straight.. and Shownu keeps getting bombed with accusations. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up cutting the promotions short with this comeback.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,239
Reactions Received
76,670
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,772
Ship
Wreck
Not over for Shownu huh. I wouldn't be surprised if HSH was tied to these photos or their release in someway.

I'm not sure if they are manipulated like Starship says. I have seen before idols faces being photoshopped into naked bodies. So it could be or they could be real too, similar as with sex scandal Seungri had. If they are real photos, I think distributing them might still be against the law, isn't it essentially same thing that Katalk group did. Poor guy though.
Yeah if they are real and taken without consent then that's pretty much the same thing as what JJY and that was doing so Starship would have grounds to take legal action either way as it'd be defamation if they're fake but depending on how good the person who leaked them covered their tracks could be tough finding them.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Yeah if they are real and taken without consent then that's pretty much the same thing as what JJY and that was doing so Starship would have grounds to take legal action either way as it'd be defamation if they're fake but depending on how good the person who leaked them covered their tracks could be tough finding them.
Yep that what I was thinking as well. Crime either way, and it shouldn't be held against him at all.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Not over for Shownu huh. I wouldn't be surprised if HSH was tied to these photos or their release in someway.

I'm not sure if they are manipulated like Starship says. I have seen before idols faces being photoshopped into naked bodies. So it could be or they could be real too, similar as with sex scandal Seungri had. If they are real photos, I think distributing them might still be against the law, isn't it essentially same thing that Katalk group did. Poor guy though.
At this point we can expect anything from HSH. I don't know what the hell she does to people that she ends up knowing their most embarrassing secrets.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,239
Reactions Received
76,670
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,772
Ship
Wreck
At this point we can expect anything from HSH. I don't know what the hell she does to people that she ends up knowing their most embarrassing secrets.
Well she comes from a rich family and then there's her famous line "I hugged and kissed your oppas"
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
someone really wants to take down MX
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
At this point we can expect anything from HSH. I don't know what the hell she does to people that she ends up knowing their most embarrassing secrets.
I feel like people probably come to her with their info now since they know she doesn't care about the backlash. I feel like that's probably what happened with her and her new "girlfriend"...
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I genuinely hope Susan did this so they can send her ass back to prison for violating probation
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I wonder who did Starship piss off? This is obviously not normal by any means. From bringing on Shonwu’s relationship to now revealing nudes. He’s been a prominent trainee for years and now everything is getting released
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Abeamus

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread