Appreciation Stray Kids know how to do covers (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Stray kids REALLY do the best covers in kpop! They take the songs and make it into their own style and then slay performing it, whether it is a girlgroup song or a boygroup song!

They don't try to copy the song exactly as the original is, because they aren't EXO or Twice or whatever other group they are covering and that means they can't execute it EXACTLY like the original is... So they don't try to do that! They give the song their own flavour!

Have some of their covers!


EXO Overdose + Growl




TWICE Fancy




BTS DNA + Got7 Hard Carry




SEVENTEEN Adore U
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
i heard and i actually cannot believe they got hate for the fancy cover tho. one of the best covers i've seen even if it wasn't perfect. it looked like they were having fun
That was a legit cover though! Honestly one of the best gg covers I've seen a male group do!
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
i heard and i actually cannot believe they got hate for the fancy cover tho. one of the best covers i've seen even if it wasn't perfect. it looked like they were having fun
Why did they get hate for such a wonderful cover?
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
apparently chan had to apologize on the group's behalf or something because fans thought it was "offensive to twice/onces". idk the full story tho
I doubt he apologized for that... Especially since y'know... He didn't decide to do it!

Stays are making him apologize a lot already, I really do hope he isn't forced to turn into somebody who apologizes for anything and everything!
 

rai

Joined
30 June 2019
Messages
57
Reactions Received
223
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I doubt he apologized for that... Especially since y'know... He didn't decide to do it!

Stays are making him apologize a lot already, I really do hope he isn't forced to turn into somebody who apologizes for anything and everything!
ppl are really questioning
and you're right, i just feel like hes trying to be very careful and not make anyone angry since he has been in a similar situation before
 
Joined
6 September 2018
Messages
1,873
Reactions Received
6,954
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I didn't really like their Fancy cover. Theres a way of covering gg songs without changing the moves, the beat, and lyrics to make it more manly. That's basically making a whole new song:joshmeh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: noir and maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I didn't really like their Fancy cover. Theres a way of covering gg songs without changing the moves, the beat, and lyrics to make it more manly. That's basically making a whole new song:joshmeh:
I personally find it weirder when they overfeminize it. They made the song into their own style! They did the same with EXO's one!

I think the cover benefits from being made more manly, since them pretending to be girls would in my opinion be a lot worse!
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: SaviorITZY and noir
Joined
6 September 2018
Messages
1,873
Reactions Received
6,954
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I personally find it weirder when they overfeminize it. They made the song into their own style! They did the same with EXO's one!

I think the cover benefits from being made more manly, since them pretending to be girls would in my opinion be a lot worse!
They don't have to pretend to be girls or make their own song. Imo theres a way of making it your own without being disrespectful to the artist, not saying SKZ had the intent but a lot of boy groups end up doing that whenever they cover gg songs. Imo there is a way of making the song your own while maintaining the original idea of it. Heres one of my fav gg covers
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
They don't have to pretend to be girls or make their own song. Imo theres a way of making it your own without being disrespectful to the artist, not saying SKZ had the intent but a lot of boy groups end up doing that whenever they cover gg songs. Imo there is a way of making the song your own while maintaining the original idea of it. Heres one of my fav gg covers
But you are forgetting that no.1 and it's choreo isn't as feminine as Twice's Fancy is. Seventeen can pull it off without looking ridiculous.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SaviorITZY

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Sure I can give you that, but what about when Got7 covered Mr. Chu?
It's an OK cover. I don't mind it, but I prefer the Stray kids covers over this. Like I said, for me some of those moves they are doing look ridiculous.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SaviorITZY
Joined
6 September 2018
Messages
1,873
Reactions Received
6,954
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It's an OK cover. I don't mind it, but I prefer the Stray kids covers over this. Like I said, for me some of those moves they are doing look ridiculous.
Okay then... Personally I prefer when female idols and this artistry are respected and treated as well as Male covers
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Okay then... Personally I prefer when female idols and this artistry are respected and treated as well as Male covers
It isn't even just the male vs female choreos thing. I like it if they give their own spin on the song.

They did the same with EXO songs and I didn't really see anybody complaining, so I don't get why it is a bigger deal when they do the smae with a GG song. They are making it so that they sound and look good performing it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread