COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Summer season- what will i check out? (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Thought of doing even bit earlier thread than first impressions this time around since i got around and checked bunch of trailers and pvs as well as descriptions of summer seasons animes.

I will likely be skipping all the isekais (there is 5? 6? in this season) just based on genre alone, i'm just so full of that genre already and need a break :joshmeh: And at first I thought "If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord" was some adorable father-daughter anime bit like Yotsuba!, but then i heard it turns into adoptive incest so really dodged bullet there :sanapray:

What I'm really interested about

Granbelm

From the description and trailer this seems like Madoka Magica with mechas to me. I have no idea if it will be as deep and thoughtful as Madoka Magica is, but cute girls fighting with magical mechas, some great animation, and apparently accomplished staff included? Sounds like recipe for good time.

Given
I haven't watched shonen ai anime for a while, usually they are really bad and have awful tropes- but this one got me interested from the pv and it's focus on music and building a band. It feels like this could be sth where romance is not fanservicey and just fits naturally with the music and slice-of-life genres.

Not quaranteed success, but if this is done good it can be touching and just feel good slice-of life with some adorable romance included. Fingers crossed for Given.

Definitely will watch (cause it's popular, probably good and I want to keep up)

Dr.Stone

Tbh although I have heard lot of good stuff about this, mostly that it's good and not really explanation why, I'm not on board yet. From pv it seems well done, animation, characters and so on- but the idea and the characters themselves from design to personalities aren't that interesting to me.

Still this is sth I will be watching, and tbh i probably end up liking it too at least a bit since even if sth is not your thing if it's done well it will be enjoyable enough (to me at least). Anyways, hoping it vows me more than pv and premise did.

Fire Force

I'm expecting this to be another shonen-series, but it doesn't look like bad one. The idea is pretty interesting, fire fighter anime by itself is nice and I already like some fire skills that were shown in the pv.

Since it's from creator from Soul Eater I'm hoping we get some darker stuff like whole Chrona's thing in Soal Eater, and fight against madness within yourself- not exactly same themes ofc, but sth similar would be nice. In other hand I hope less fanservice- and looking at pv it seems like it has toned down.

Vinland Saga

I don't actually know much about Vinland Saga, other than people are happy it's finally getting anime. Viking anime is new idea and it seems like they are going with mature route which is nice. Like said I don't know much about this one, so I'm not sure what to expect, but hopefully it will live up to those expectations.

Lord El-Melloi II Case Files: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note

Well this probably won't be that popular, but rather it's yet another alternative universe thing from Fate franchise and I'm Fate hoe that watches (almost) anything Fate considered.

Looking forward big Waver, and hopefully there is cameos from some other characters. Not biggest hopes for this 8it already had bit of prequel which was just fine nth special, but eh nostalgia alone will make it worthwhile.

Will check out, maybe 1 ep or so

Maidens of the Savage Season

The description made this sound like ecchi, I mean this part: "The girls in a high school literature club do a little icebreaker to get to know each other: answering the question, "What's one thing you want to do before you die?" One of the girls blurts out, "Sex." " At first i was instant skip, but then I watched the pv, and it didn't have anything like ecchi. So this could be actually thoughtful slice-of life anime about growing up, and kinda one of hidden gems of this season. Will check it out at least, hopefully this doesn't go wrong way ^^;

Machikado Mazoku

Girl suddenly finds out they are a devil and that she has to fight magical girl that goes same school as her (and shrine maiden?). Sounds like fun nonsense one, hopefully it gives some good laughs.

Might check out, if..

Do You Like Your Mom? Her Normal Attack is Two Attacks at Full Power, Okaasan online

So either this will be funny isekai about mom being badass and embassing their kid- or this will be borderline or full on incest anime with ecchi, possible harem and such. Fingers crossed for first one, cause that might actually make me watch isekai this season.

Astra Lost in Space

I haven't watched scifi anime in ages, and even less scifi survival one. Idea itself is intriguing to me, but the pv didn't get me interested of this anime in particular. So i will probably wait and a bit and read some first impressions people give it before hopping it myself. I already watched enough meh anime last season.

Cop Craft

I like the idea of buddy cup anime between regular human detective and detective from fantasy world. In other hand the girls design is bit eh.. too loli-like for me. I will have to check out how ecchi and fanservicey this is before giving it a chance- and maybe also if it's well-received or not.

Gorgeous Butterfly: Young Nobunaga

There is lot of samurai animes around.. and there is a lot of Nobunaga animes in particular out (i think there was last season one about Nobunaga's wife travelling in time wanting to get pregnant wth Nobuga's descendant, yes it's weird af). I had no interest watching this before the pv- which was quite pretty. But this looks like it will be bisshonen anime, maybe josei. No idea if it's going to be good, weird, just plain bad??

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ah hopefully the formatting works bit better, had to edit bit more. This was quite long thread to make, but nice to get to sort out my thoughts towards the new season too, i got bit clearer picture what to look forward to as well and what I probably end up dropping. Hopefully I stay pickier this season, i ended up watching lot of not so good one's last season and was bit of waste of time xd

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I honestly don't know how you keep up with all of that, on top of K-Pop. I will give a shot to one or two, I hope. I love shounen ai so Given should be a given, lol.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I honestly don't know how you keep up with all of that, on top of K-Pop. I will give a shot to one or two, I hope. I love shounen ai so Given should be a given, lol.
I end up neglecting kpop a lot :nekoshy:.. but like i kinda have more freetime these days, or at least more time to procastinate.

Let's hope Given has some awesome music, some music animes like NANA just have gorgerous OST I listen years after and Given looks like it deserves some bops. :maheart:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Nun but I will be watching Boruto!
I kinda had to force myself to finish Shippuuden and not just drop it several times, so I think i'm pretty done with Naruto at this point ^^;

Reactions Received
KS Coins
it's beeen a couple months since i watched any anime tbh but i may have to check out Given since I am a hoe for all music related anime.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'll definitely check Dr. Stone, since it would be Boichi's (the artist) first anime adaptation. I haven't seen the manga yet but I could give it a try if the anime is good.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
it's beeen a couple months since i watched any anime tbh but i may have to check out Given since I am a hoe for all music related anime.
You might want to check out Carole&Tuesday as well, it's also recent music anime and has been pretty good so far ^^

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'll definitely check Dr. Stone, since it would be Boichi's (the artist) first anime adaptation. I haven't seen the manga yet but I could give it a try if the anime is good.
Apparently Dr.Stone is Shounen Jump's new manga and apparently pretty popular right now. I haven't really paid any attention to it so I don't really know myself ^^; Let's hope the anime turns out good.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
oh Given!
I already saw the teaser somewhere, looks promising

I end up neglecting kpop a lot :nekoshy:.. but like i kinda have more freetime these days, or at least more time to procastinate.

Let's hope Given has some awesome music, some music animes like NANA just have gorgerous OST I listen years after and Given looks like it deserves some bops. :maheart:
Yes pls, I love the songs from Nana :pepeheart:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I’ll check out Dr. Stone and Danmachi season 2 but overall I’m finding this Summer season of anime disappointing :( At least Demon Slayer and Fruits Basket is continuing.

Also can I be in the anim tag list??

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I’ll check out Dr. Stone and Danmachi season 2 but overall I’m finding this Summer season of anime disappointing :( At least Demon Slayer and Fruits Basket is continuing.

Also can I be in the anim tag list??
Added ^^

Well maybe you will manage to find some gems in the midst, I personally was quite positively surprised with Astra Lost in Space.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread