- Joined
- 24 February 2019
- Messages
- 8,028
- Reactions Received
- 19,590
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Female
- Ship
I read it all. ^^Ikr! I like Wendy n Seulgi somewat of Red Velvet but don't stan, Idk if I'll ever stan them but the future uncertainty n possible heartbreak of how SM will treat them after SMNewGG comes is frightening me off now. (Is there any SM gg other than maybe S.E.S. that has a good (no heartbreak) history? Or any SK idol gg, at all?-not asking just you as if ur an expert, maybe more a rhetorical question.)
I read {on the forum tat I won't name now} a long history of SM, JYP n DSP Media {the OP dint finish but stopped abruptly} tat was very interesting but it seemed most or all groups up to 2009 dint end well, [some active before 2009 r still active: Shinhwa, TVXQ, SuJu, BB n maybe others, but I wouldn't say there's hasn't been heartbreak there either. Maybe all music acts ; western n otherwise have their heartbreaks but kpop fans r so invested in their faves tat it's just more intense; I'm an ahjussi fan in S.E.A. n I haven't been as intense when I was younger n fan of Suzanne Vega, R.E.M. Tori Amos(slightly obsessed with her but it was in 1990s n I was in my twenties, I saw her in 2 concerts when I was in England visiting my brother; but the distance n lack of internet in those early days curbed my fannishness, {couldn't afford to fly even once to see her concert n she had so many then[but no news/avenues to buy/hear of ticket sales in those days] n later Rachael Yamagata n Vienna Taeng. But none as intense as SNSD. So not as heartbreaking for me to be a fan then, plus any news about them was quite slow to reach my shores in pre-internet days. (Sorry for the rambling mess, just needed to get it out of my head n process it out; I used to get into more intense discussion on the other forum{tho I only joined there late last year, but cos there were more [n active SONEs] there I felt free(r) to ramble on(or I just dint know better then/was more ignorant of history of flame wars there). Hope u understand(the meaning of this post or most of it; n why I had to write this long-ass rambling confusing mess😍❤.
TLDR: thnx if you read all this or even parts of it. Ily.
They are definitely more active Sones here than you know where.
Red Velvet could be more promoted for sure especially individually.
Yep. We are more invested for sure about all the idols than traditionally in Western music. Everything is made to create a strong bond with them.