News Taylor Swift now owns her masters (1 Viewer)

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
this one goes out to all the swifites which were so deep into this fandom shit that they straight up refused to listen to the OG versions to not disappoint a billionaire and were left with the half-assed production of the TVs instead. i'm a bit sad we won't get these rep vault tracks but at the same time if they were all going to be as far from the general vibe of the album like the synthy ballads on 1989 TV were then maybe we're not missing out on much. anyway stream this pop perfection in its non-butchered version:
 

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
43,297
Reactions Received
75,390
Location
In the OCEAN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
141,854
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
this one goes out to all the swifites which were so deep into this fandom shit that they straight up refused to listen to the OG versions to not disappoint a billionaire and were left with the half-assed production of the TVs instead. i'm a bit sad we won't get these rep vault tracks but at the same time if they were all going to be as far from the general vibe of the album like the synthy ballads on 1989 TV were then maybe we're not missing out on much. anyway stream this pop perfection in its non-butchered version:
:soob: I never noticed a difference in Style. I love the song so much but I just saw a comparison video of the og and Taylor's Version.
Now I can't unhear it. And for sure the og is superior.

I heard a bigger difference with Fearless but that's more her vocals maturing which I'm kinda happy she rerecorded.
Personally prefer the rerecorded versions of her songs she released as a teen.
 
  • Love
Reactions: eclipsoul
Joined
28 November 2024
Messages
118
Reactions Received
143
Location
Verrerdise
Website
purplehello98.neocities.org
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
877
Fandom
Verrer/Sone
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Finally! I'm sick of these Taylor's Versions that sound like the knock-off versions you'd hear at a roller rink or something. All love to Taylor and her music (except her latest two albums) but they can't compare to the originals.


:soob: I never noticed a difference in Style. I love the song so much but I just saw a comparison video of the og and Taylor's Version.
Now I can't unhear it. And for sure the og is superior.

I heard a bigger difference with Fearless but that's more her vocals maturing which I'm kinda happy she rerecorded.
Personally prefer the rerecorded versions of her songs she released as a teen.
Honestly, I'm the opposite. Maybe it's because of nostalgia (although I mostly only listened to Red back in the day) but I prefer the originals. I think it's also because her voice sounded country back then and fit with the country genre of the songs. I don't think her voice these days goes well with a country sound.
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Finally! I'm sick of these Taylor's Versions that sound like the knock-off versions you'd hear at a roller rink or something. All love to Taylor and her music (except her latest two albums) but they can't compare to the originals.
i agree 100% on this, the TVs sounded like demo versions to me while the originals had an irreplaceable sound to them. and i'm also not a fan of her latest two albums which is why i didn't enjoy any of the 1989 vault tracks... because they all sounded like they could be on midnights
 
  • Like
Reactions: VerrerAtHeart

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
:soob: I never noticed a difference in Style. I love the song so much but I just saw a comparison video of the og and Taylor's Version.
Now I can't unhear it. And for sure the og is superior.

I heard a bigger difference with Fearless but that's more her vocals maturing which I'm kinda happy she rerecorded.
Personally prefer the rerecorded versions of her songs she released as a teen.
i think her country albums didn't suffer as much production-wise as her pop albums did and as someone who loves 1989 to death i was incredibly disappointed by how that re-recording sounded... style and new romantics which are my fave tracks were both absolutely butchered by whoever did the audio mixing. not to be holier-than-thou but i'm so glad idgaf about rich people feelings because i cannot imagine torturing myself with those versions when the god tier originals were right here the entire time :pepebop:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread