Tell me what type of fan person you are (not just kpop) (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
B & C. Even though I spend more time listening to KPOP, I fangirl more when I hear someone mention anime. When someone mention Kpop I am just like 'oh cool, but I go into fan girl mode when talking about anime.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Just C
I’m trying to watch some more anime but I don’t think I would consider myself a fan of it yet. In the past I’ve only watched one show per year, but this year I’ve watched three anime’s... I’m still very new to it all and there’s so much to choose from.
:nekosweat:
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,014
Reactions Received
52,919
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,196
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I am old and i LOVE to read.


warning long list


...edited for memory issues on my phone...


80 some of my more favorites reads and i am sure i forgot some. like is gyax on there. and that set shoudl be.


only books i have reread made the list and not of of those :)





The right most list is those set/books in order using a this or that ranking system.





lots and lots of books i have read.





Wow looking at that again i missed a bunch


most of the D & D stuff


Star wars stuff


Black company


fritz leiber





just a bunch.


all the Fleming stuff

WOw, I think Im older than you tho; of those in your list:


I started w/TOm Swift in my grade school equivalent library n then in the next few years (this was in Triassic age so not sure now), read Helliconia by ALdiss from town library, this in my hometown south of MAlaysia so prospects were slim then. BUT then things looked up just a short time later, Asimovs foundation, robots, Donaldson Covenant, Mccaffrey Dragons, heinlein Moon Is a harsh mistress, number of the beast, time enough for love, cat who walks through walls, job comedy of justice, have spacesuit will travel, the star beast, Friday, door into summer, double star, menace from earth, past through tomorrow, methuselah's children, podkayne of mars & to sail beyond the sunset. Guy gavriel kay, feist riftwar, magic kingdom for sale/sold, some kurtz(I assume it's is deryni kurtz too), Philip k dick's radio free albemuth, pohl's gateway/heechee series, ra macavoy black dragon duology, le guin earthsea n hainish/ekumen series, lensman, farmer riverworld n world of tiers series, Niven ringworld, Douglas Adams hitchhiker guide to galaxy, Card Enderverse, Connie Willis, Nancy kress beggars, frank Herbert dune, Harry Harrison stainless steel rat, van Vogt, Xanth n piers Anthony series, all William Gibson novels up to the Peripheral, leibovits canticles n the wild horse woman, Dan Simmons Hyperion, Neal Stephenson tats wat I remember up to 2000; 2000 onwards Stephen Baxter, ken McLeod, Alastair Reynolds, kim Stanley Robinson, Peter f hamilton reality dysfunction n following series, haldeman forever war n sequels, Kage baker company series, karl Schroeder Ventus, tony Daniel metaplanetary, bujold vorkosiverse, brust dragaera/jhereq series, butcher Dresden series, laumer retief-verse, richard Morgan altered carbon series, Charles stross merchants series, Paul park princess of roumania(?), hunger games, pitacus lore (Lorien legacies) series, Artemis Fowl, Percy Jackson: Rick O'Riordan, Sue Harrison, Daniel Abraham, Jasper Fforde, rothfuss, Scott lynch, flewelling, kushner, Jonathan Carroll, cordwainer smith, jack reacher, temperance Brennan by Kathy reichs (bones tv series), lady astronaut of mars by Mary robinette kowal, terra ignota series by Ada palmer;


Since 2000 my reading time for books has been hit hard by smartphones, internet, work, peak tv, movies, streaming n getting older maybe (also kpop n kpop forum), so some series I've read only once n some where it was difficult to find the complete series before 2000. But (not trying to brag), just visualizing the comparison in my mind where we might overlap. {I'm disorganized unlike u so I might missed some.}
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor and yeji
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,413
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
WOw, I think Im older than you tho; of those in your list:


I started w/TOm Swift in my grade school equivalent library n then in the next few years (this was in Triassic age so not sure now), read Helliconia by ALdiss from town library, this in my hometown south of MAlaysia so prospects were slim then. BUT then things looked up just a short time later, Asimovs foundation, robots, Donaldson Covenant, Mccaffrey Dragons, heinlein Moon Is a harsh mistress, number of the beast, time enough for love, cat who walks through walls, job comedy of justice, have spacesuit will travel, the star beast, Friday, door into summer, double star, menace from earth, past through tomorrow, methuselah's children, podkayne of mars & to sail beyond the sunset. Guy gavriel kay, feist riftwar, magic kingdom for sale/sold, some kurtz(I assume it's is deryni kurtz too), Philip k dick's radio free albemuth, pohl's gateway/heechee series, ra macavoy black dragon duology, le guin earthsea n hainish/ekumen series, lensman, farmer riverworld n world of tiers series, Niven ringworld, Douglas Adams hitchhiker guide to galaxy, Card Enderverse, Connie Willis, Nancy kress beggars, frank Herbert dune, Harry Harrison stainless steel rat, van Vogt, Xanth n piers Anthony series, all William Gibson novels up to the Peripheral, leibovits canticles n the wild horse woman, Dan Simmons Hyperion, Neal Stephenson tats wat I remember up to 2000; 2000 onwards Stephen Baxter, ken McLeod, Alastair Reynolds, kim Stanley Robinson, Peter f hamilton reality dysfunction n following series, haldeman forever war n sequels, Kage baker company series, karl Schroeder Ventus, tony Daniel metaplanetary, bujold vorkosiverse, brust dragaera/jhereq series, butcher Dresden series, laumer retief-verse, richard Morgan altered carbon series, Charles stross merchants series, Paul park princess of roumania(?), hunger games, pitacus lore (Lorien legacies) series, Artemis Fowl, Percy Jackson: Rick O'Riordan, Sue Harrison, Daniel Abraham, Jasper Fforde, rothfuss, Scott lynch, flewelling, kushner, Jonathan Carroll, cordwainer smith, jack reacher, temperance Brennan by Kathy reichs (bones tv series), lady astronaut of mars by Mary robinette kowal, terra ignota series by Ada palmer;


Since 2000 my reading time for books has been hit hard by smartphones, internet, work, peak tv, movies, streaming n getting older maybe (also kpop n kpop forum), so some series I've read only once n some where it was difficult to find the complete series before 2000. But (not trying to brag), just visualizing the comparison in my mind where we might overlap. {I'm disorganized unlike u so I might missed some.}
I have read the majority of those. the the post 2000 i am bit weaker on i did the novack stuff until south america, My friend wanted me to do the sterling stuff but i read book 1 and thought it was a stand alone book no desire to read more. Retief was super fun.
Read all the YA stuff to talk about with the munchkins. Mull is a fave I have got them going to meet authors with me mull, sanderson a few times Rioridan once. one of the goirls has a new set she wants me to check out.
stopped riordain in the middle of Apollo and magnus chase sets. I really like Anthony some times xanath went off the rails as did bio of a space tyrant adept series was interesting.
To many of the ya books break the 4th wall (fowl, unfortunate events the dude who does both adult fiction and ya anglel max overdrive ect i do not deal with that well _ I can take first person narration aka Dresden but the author talking to me is kiss of death most often.

Read all of Bradbury back in the day. especially the Tarzan set.
The tom Swift Sr i found in my grand fathers city library.
I have been toying with starting jack reacher. but i did all the don pendelton mack bolan stuff in the 80's.
also the mystery / thriller like say maltese falcon.
Hitchcocks ya series from the 70's ,Encyclopedia brown.

I am much much pickier now, as a kid i would finish all i started. Now like with kpop groups ill kill quickly. LOL it took me 4 tries over several years to finish book 1 of Got i so disliked it, but every one said its so good. American gods is in the same spot i think i have tried 3 times already. So much of that concept is fun but uggg so much is dreck.

I used to read bios and auto bios but the spin is just too much nowadays.

as to age ill just say i saw the..... redacted :) on live tv :)
 
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread