COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Tell me your opinion: Should I go to South Korea for uni? (2 Viewers)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
As a Japanese student, should I go to a South Korean university if I am accepted?
I've been thinking about going to a Korean university since junior year but considering the tension between the countries would it be a dumb choice to choose a Korean university over a Japanese one?
I'm only applying to top universities for both countries and I actually passed the first round of admissions for the Korean university I applied to (the second round, the interview, is this Friday) but people have been telling me it's better to go to a Japanese university, that I won’t be able to find a job in Japan if I go to a Korean university even if it is a SKY university.
Universities in the US are another option but with my SAT score, I probably won’t get in a university that’s as high level as the Japanese of Korean ones so I'm not thinking so much about applying to universities there.

(Major wise I would be able to study what I want no matter the university I choose, so the problem is more about the social environment I might have to face as a full Japanese student studying in Korea)

Maybe I should've posted this on a college advisory board but oh well, I'd like to know your opinion, thanks.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Would u be alright with korean being the language of education?

If u are interested and have needed skills for it i don't see issue with it. Although there is some tension right now it doesn't mean that it will always stay like that. Though there is always option of student exchange so you could also go to Japanese university, but then go on student exchange in South Korea- you could experience both without having to commit fully on Korea?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Would u be alright with korean being the language of education?

If u are interested and have needed skills for it i don't see issue with it. Although there is some tension right now it doesn't mean that it will always stay like that. Though there is always option of student exchange so you could also go to Japanese university, but then go on student exchange in South Korea- you could experience both without having to commit fully on Korea?
Yes, but that would also mean that it could escalate over the next four years. There is no way to tell so the anxiety really builds up from there.
You're right. The Japanese universities I applied to do offer exchange programs with the Korean university I applied to.
I guess it's just a matter of whether I get in anywhere or not.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yes, but that would also mean that it could escalate over the next four years. There is no way to tell so the anxiety really builds up from there.
You're right. The Japanese universities I applied to do offer exchange programs with the Korean university I applied to.
I guess it's just a matter of whether I get in anywhere or not.
Hwaiting! / Ganbare! :sanapray:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
go with your heart. If you really want it then do it. I am sure you will do amazingly no matter what

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
I'd say measure both your career goals and your motivation for wanting to go to a Korean university. Will this help or hinder you from your career goals. The same thing would apply if you were going to another city for school, but still the prospect remains: You will likely, when you arrive, not have a lot of friends and no family, thus making it a bit harder. Make plans for how you will make friends..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread