The 1st and Last Senpai weekend AMA [CLOSED NOW] (1 Viewer)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Was it actually you or are you playing with me I'm confused :wimwim:
But consider yourself noticed :jenniesmug:
Yes it was actually me lol

Thanks for noticing me :jenniesmug:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Yes it was actually me lol

Thanks for noticing me :jenniesmug:
I'm offended you even doubted me for a moment :jenniesmug:
I'd notice you even if you were a Toyota :sakUwu:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
What’s your favorite NCT album?

YASS I see you appreciate NCTPop too :sj_weary::sj_weary:
It's hard to choose tbh, NCT has one of the strongest discographies going rn. I find it kinda cheating to name Neo Zone since it only just dropped lol but I think top to bottom it's one of 127's best. WayV's newest album is really strong too.

For sentimental reasons I'll pick Empathy, coz that was the time I became an NCTZen and I really like all tracks from that album. And it features all subunits that were present back then so it's tough to beat. Cherry Bomb is a close runner up due to some iconic B sides.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I asked a bunch of questions, Senpai. I hope they aren’t too personal >.<
Don't worry about it, this is no holds barred lol, I'll try my best to answer everything as honestly without getting too meme-y :haylul:
Thanks for spamming I really appreciate :nekolove:
Help keep it alive till Sunday every now and then :yolk:
 

Yolks

✦ Hwang Hyunjin ✦
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
4,311
Reactions Received
20,315
Location
sin & moon ☽
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Don't worry about it, this is no holds barred lol, I'll try my best to answer everything as honestly without getting too meme-y :haylul:
Thanks for spamming I really appreciate :nekolove:
Help keep it alive till Sunday every now and then :yolk:
Of course :pepeheart:

I hope this anon will continue until Sunday; I’ll try to help :yolk:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah, I love how easygoing you are. You always brighten my day :pikahappy:
No you :nekolove:
Tbh you came outta nowhere, I guess I should thank the random pizza boy you seduced and victimized for starting it all :haylul:
But I agree, you're so kind and like talk meaningful stuff, I never imagined we'd become friends and talk about stupid stuff but here we are :maheart::yolk:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Of course :pepeheart:

I hope this anon will continue until Sunday; I’ll try to help :yolk:
Thanks lol, no pressure though you've already helped a lot I shouldn't get greedy :yolk::pepeheart:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Especially when you're a big fan of that person and really admire/respect them for certain qualities. I mean they still have those qualities and a lot of good sides too, but then they're also capable of something like this. It's so complicated and that throws your feelings into even more confusion :umjicry:

I guess ultimately it's your actions and not intentions that determine what kind of person you are or how you're remembered so while I've loved Jimin for so long, I gotta accept that she's also been responsible for causing some pretty traumatic stuff to Mina, and I hope she deals with it appropriately instead of trying to deflect or deny.
I know :nekosweat: That's best one can hope for.. that the person they like comes out as a better person.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
So my drunk ass mistakenly clicked on something and suddenly the summary section of my Responses tab changed into a bar chart :wimwim:
Had to spend some time sorting it back again without having to use the spreadsheet but fixed now, anons should be back :wimwim:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I know :nekosweat: That's best one can hope for.. that the person they like comes out as a better person.
It's even more confusing coz it makes me think on where the other AOA members stand on this, how much they knew, what the whole group dynamic is, so much stuff :nekosweat:
More you think more confusing it gets.
At this point I think Jimin might have to quit and just disappear from the public eye I don't see what else she can do tbh.

No you :chickill: I mean... :nekolove:

Yeah... one minute, I'm just lurking, the next minute I post that... :wimwim: I don't even know :jisoosmh:

Aw, yeah, me neither. But I'm glad we hit it off so well :maheart: You really helped me open up more here too, so thanks for that too :pikahappy:
Ayy well I only knew you as a Kard stan (yes I knew, I notice everyone in the forum lol) and I'd seen you post some Random Thoughts and that you were friends with @kodoku so the sudden Pizza boy adventure was shocking :lisalaugh:
So I saw an opportunity and took it :lisalaugh:
Yeah I've seen you open up more, and now you have badges too yay aesthetics :pepeheart:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
What got you into Oh My Girl?

Short version: SSFWL and Banana Allergy Monkey.

Long version since I'm bored so buckle in for Storytime with Senpai:

I entered Kpop as mostly a Boy Group stan, except SNSD/Kara. Other girl groups I'd only watch casually, not bother to learn the members. Anyway, around 2016-17 I took a Kpop hiatus so I missed BTS rise, Twice, GFriend's rise, IOI, BP debut, all that fun stuff.

When I came back my fav group BigBang was inactive so I started looking for a new group to invest in, started with BTS and Blackpink but that didn't work out. And then I found Twice, and for a long time I was a happy Once (still am), with Twice as my eternal queens and also looking into other girl groups.

Slowly, I started getting more into mid tier and smaller groups, for the most part I found them more willing to experiment with their music, take risks, not have to follow the conventional trends and see stans eat it up etc. During this time, I discovered Secret Garden and thought okay, but not my type. But then Banana Allergy Monkey happened and it reminded me of Orange Caramel so I was intrigued.

Fast forward a year later, by now I've listened to stuff like Closer (loved it, top 3 Kpop songs), Windy Day, Cupid (amazing debut), so I know Oh My Girl are talented. But then SSFWL drops and oh my god, the outfits, the vocals, the live stages :sj_weary:
I even ventured into OMG varieties and found the girls super adorable, I discovered Candy Leader Hyojung and variety queen Seunghee plus multitalented queen Yooa. And suddenly I started listening to their B sides, all their titles, even Secret Garden became a mega bop for me lol.
So I made the jump and embraced the Miracle Life, and slowly they transitioned into being my ults :sanapray:

Twice slipped to number 3 btw, Loona is 2nd now lol.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
If someone wants to get into kpop and you could only show them one video, what would it be?

Ok, imo anyone who says they're into Kpop just for the music is lying. Atleast that's not what brought them into Kpop, there's a lot of better music out there. It's the whole package- the visuals, the production, the MV budget, the styling, the choreo.
So something extravagant and expensive would work best.

Blackpink MVs would actually be amazing for this I think. Ddu-du-ddu-du would work as a great gateway drug imo before they move on to better things gradually :jenniesmug:

Back when I was new I thought Shinee- Lucifer was the coolest thing ever but times have changed :wimwim:

If you really wanna fuck with someone and make sure they go what the fuck, show them this:



I mean it's great but to someone unfamiliar with the whole thing, good luck :taesip:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
What is the latest kpop group that you’ve gotten into?

NiziU but I guess they aren't technically Kpop :susPepe:
So it's gotta be my most anticipated group this year Treasure :sj_weary:

Their concept is so different from any group YG's ever done, I'm really curious. And their sound seems to be more vocal based rather than some vocals sprinkled around a hip hop core. Best vocal line among all rookie groups too.



Also I'm so over boy groups insisting they'll do these dark or emo concepts, so something like Treasure is a welcome change of pace. Gimme a Going Crazy anyday.



Among girl groups, it was Nature last year, during I'm so Pretty/Oopsie my bad time, but then my bias Loha took a hiatus for their recent comeback Girls and even tho song was bop af, I discovered I just didn't care so I guess I was an akgae all along :wimwim:

Ooh among soloists, this dude Woodz aka Cho Seungyoun came from nowhere and shook me. I read that he was in Uniq and X1 but honestly I only saw him first time a few days ago.



The whole vibe of the song plus MV, and his charisma that seems to be overflowing, I'm really anticipating his future releases :sj_weary:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Any unpopular kpop opinions?

Nothing too surprising I think.

1. Oh My Girl and WJSN discography > Big 3 groups.
2. Idk if this is unpopular but certainly haven't seen anyone bring it up- Heejin is the best center in Kpop rn. Bar none.
3. Blackpink been releasing the same song since D4 but not sure how unpopular it is, they're basically more Momoland than Momoland rn.
4. Red Side >>> Velvet Side.
 

Baechu

레드벨벳
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,802
Reactions Received
44,544
Location
KWANGYA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Is there a group you like, but you are not very fond of a member/ members of that group? Do you think that it is necessary to like every single member in order to “stan” a group?

Hmm does BigBang and Seungri count :wimwim: Or Suju and Kangin? :wimwim:
Tbh BTS to an extent, but I don't have any personal dislike towards any member, some of them like Suga and Jimin just don't vibe with me and I feel kinda weird about them for no reason lol. But I don't stan them, only check them out casually so.

Usually it's the opposite for me. I love all members of Blackpink (atleast Jennie and Jisoo, I like Rose and Lisa) but don't care for the group that much. With RV I love all the members but they're hit and miss for me, so sometimes I'll really like them other times I'll be lukewarm on them.

Hmm depends on what makes you stan a group I think. I definitely think it's possible to stan a group if you like even 1-2 members of that group a lot, akgae life I know but you can still stan the group as long as you don't wish ill on the other members. But if you're not invested in any member but just love the music, I don't think it's possible to stan. As soon as the group releases one song you don't like, it's basically over.

On the other hand if you like the members, you'll give them more leeway. Sometimes you convince yourself the song is good even when it isn't or you wait for their next release to impress you. That's true stanning.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
do you have a death wish



Nvm I forgive you :pepeheart:
Red side supremacists :sj_weary:
Even tho Seulrene won't be red side but looks hot :jenniesmug:
And sounds good I mean :wimwim:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread