The 1st and Last Senpai weekend AMA [CLOSED NOW] (1 Viewer)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Yass get a frame, spend those points like the rich aesthetic queen you are :sj_weary:
Jimin fucked up a lot of things can't even listen to a Hey anymore :nayeonisdone:
Oof I know what your idea of fun is :taesip::jenniesmug:
Just for you I'll get one when I change my aesthetic again :sanapray:
And yeah Jimin fucked up everything and now I can't listen to AOA the same way again smh :nayeonisdone:

And what's my idea of fun :taesip:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
another day of spamming k-pop questions! do you think that "company privilege" is a thing? (or the big 3 privilege, however you call it)

Definitely, I don't think anyone can deny this, and if someone does, then it's pure delulu speak.
There's a lot of privilege coming from the Big 3. One of the good things is not having trainee debt, but more importantly- hype, budget, promotions and of course stans.

How many times have we seen groups having stans from predebut because of other big senior groups from their agency? TXT and ITZY are good examples, SMNGG already has people on the bandwagon, Treasure as well. Of course they're all talented, and fans also love watching their pre debut survival shows and whatever content they put out, but compared to smaller groups, the disparity is huge.

Another thing I've noticed is big 3 groups will usually get away with mediocre music and they'll still do well, they don't have to face the risk of flopping or hiatus or disbandment if one comeback doesn't do well. With small groups and companies, who knows? One album doesn't sell well, you could see permanent hiatuses, member changes, even disbandment. Big 3 privilege is a thing and it's not going away anytime soon.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Is this thing still on? :wimwim:
It was supposed to end yesterday but I didn't answer anything so finishing it up now :wimwim:

Just for you I'll get one when I change my aesthetic again :sanapray:
And yeah Jimin fucked up everything and now I can't listen to AOA the same way again smh :nayeonisdone:

And what's my idea of fun :taesip:
Ayy I feel honored :maheart::sanapray:
I still went back and streamed Like a Cat and Heart Attack for the memories :umjicry: And read the comments too coz I like pain apparently :nayeonisdone:
You know what I'm talking about lexxxus, your favorite kind of fun of course :taesip:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
what was the first k-pop song you've ever heard?

Technically Gangnam Style but I didn't know quite yet that it was Kpop :worry:
Later, I happened upon this Fine Brothers Entertainment channel where they had Youtubers react to Kpop- they had chosen 3 songs. Fantastic Baby, IGAB and Lucifer. Of these, Fantastic Baby and Lucifer really grabbed my attention so one of these two, I forget which one I listened to first lol.
I liked Fantastic Baby a lot, esp coz the MV was so wild and the song was catchy, but I absolutely LOVED Lucifer.
Surprisingly tho I became a VIP not a Shawol :lisalaugh:
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Ayy I feel honored :maheart::sanapray:
I still went back and streamed Like a Cat and Heart Attack for the memories :umjicry: And read the comments too coz I like pain apparently :nayeonisdone:
You know what I'm talking about lexxxus, your favorite kind of fun of course :taesip:
Anything for Senpai :maheart:
I don't think I'm ready to read the comments of mv's or anything :umjicry:

Define my favorite kind of fun :taesip:
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Pff look at me underestimating you and paying the price :jisoosmh:
BUT you could end up like this instead :wimwim:



I'm Black Canary here btw not Supes :rosesmug:
Although evil Injustice Supes is kinda my bias ngl :lisalaugh:



Oof sorry to hear that, I hope you can move to a place where you don't have to constantly face such issues :sanapray:
I did read a bit about some racist attacks on Indians/Pakistanis some years back, but Australia itself has quite a few races right? Maybe it varies from area to area but still, having to face racism absolutely sucks.
I do like New Zealand from everything I've read about it tho, Idk how similar/different it is from Australia but that's somewhere I'd love to move eventually.
We often get compared to NZ.
But we are a bit different from them.
People also say we have similar accents, IDK why that is lol

Besides the Europeans and Asians you mean? We have mostly Aboriginal Australians here, if you mean culture and the like. Or just blacks really as I call them anyways.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
idk if i've asked this already because it's difficult to keep up with all the questions so i'm sorry if i'm sending this for the 2nd time. are there any k-pop songs which everyone else likes but you don't?

I'm glad you asked :icgyu:
Well these 3songs I don't exactly "hate" but I think are just okay at best and massively overhyped, I don't get what exactly is making people fall in love with them but from what I've seen on this forum and Discord, people really LOVE these songs. I'm just like "meh it's okay I guess".

1. BTS- Spring Day


It's an okay song, kinda flat and monotonous for me, but due to it's charting it's gotten this reputation of best song ever, and it's not even in my top 5 BTS titles tbh, they have much better songs. I guess it's the lyrics that do it for people? Even then, melodically I find this lacking.

2. Red Velvet- Bad Boy


Most international Reveluvs swear this is their magnum opus, the greatest girl group song of all time. For me, this is a 6/10 song masquerading as a 10/10. Give me Red Flavor, Dumb Dumb and Peekaboo over this anyday. Even Psycho.

3. (G)I-dle- Oh My God.


MV hard carries the song imo, again it's not bad but you can feel the Soyeon style permeating through it again and it was much better the first time round (Lion).
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Anything for Senpai :maheart:
I don't think I'm ready to read the comments of mv's or anything :umjicry:

Define my favorite kind of fun :taesip:
Omg lexus ascending to best girl status :maheart: How could I ever repay :pepecry1:
It's best you stay away considering how long you stanned, I'm still so disappointed but also kinda hoping this could somehow magically be fixed although it won't :umjicry:
Look at you pretending to not know :taesip: If only I could explain through some of our favorite Discord emojis here :lisalaugh:
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and lexus

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
We often get compared to NZ.
But we are a bit different from them.
People also say we have similar accents, IDK why that is lol

Besides the Europeans and Asians you mean? We have mostly Aboriginal Australians here, if you mean culture and the like. Or just blacks really as I call them anyways.
Lol tbh if I heard an Aussie and NZ accent side by side, I probably wouldn't be able to tell which is which although I recognize they're kinda different :haylul:
Yeah I just meant in terms of ethnic groups, mostly Europeans, Asians and black people I know. Doesn't Australia have a lot of expatriates from other countries? I wonder how daily life is for them.
Is there any place in particular you wanna move to?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Omg lexus ascending to best girl status :maheart: How could I ever repay :pepecry1:
It's best you stay away considering how long you stanned, I'm still so disappointed but also kinda hoping this could somehow magically be fixed although it won't :umjicry:
Look at you pretending to not know :taesip: If only I could explain through some of our favorite Discord emojis here :lisalaugh:
I'm glad to be ascending to best girl status :yolk:

And yeah I'm gonna stay away for a while. I wish it could be magically fixed too, but obviously that can't happen :yolk:
To top that off I was about to change the AOA gif badge I had to another AOA gif :yolk:
Maybe I'll just change it to Mina :sanapray:

And I have no idea whatchu mean :taesip: You act like I say indecent things on discord or something :taesip:
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Darkseid

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Lol tbh if I heard an Aussie and NZ accent side by side, I probably wouldn't be able to tell which is which although I recognize they're kinda different :haylul:
Yeah I just meant in terms of ethnic groups, mostly Europeans, Asians and black people I know. Doesn't Australia have a lot of expatriates from other countries? I wonder how daily life is for them.
Is there any place in particular you wanna move to?
I guess. Well my mum wasn't born here, I can say that much. Neither was my step mother

I want to test that theory of Aussie and nz accent side by side tbh. Wouldn't know where to start though lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
You wake up one morning, but in the body of a superhero (male, female, black white, etc., doesn't matter). Which superhero do you wake up as?

Superman. Make Superman Cool Again :pandamad:
Tbh I think he's a really cool and interesting character, the writers and movie directors haven't done him much justice due to their failure to come up with more nuanced, interesting stories of late and kinda putting him down as a way to elevate Batman who sells more than anyone lol.
But lemme wake up as Supes anyday. He doesn't have to put on a costume or armor to be a superhero like so many others, he doesn't need to wield any weapons, he's just Superman at all times. Give me flight, super hearing, speed, super strength, X ray vision, the potential is limitless.

OR, I'd wanna wake up as Dick Grayson/Nightwing- he has no superpowers but the best body and visuals that ladies love, lot of fun in that way :jenniesmug:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm glad to be ascending to best girl status :yolk:

And yeah I'm gonna stay away for a while. I wish it could be magically fixed too, but obviously that can't happen :yolk:
To top that off I was about to change the AOA gif badge I had to another AOA gif :yolk:
Maybe I'll just change it to Mina :sanapray:

And I have no idea whatchu mean :taesip: You act like I say indecent things on discord or something :taesip:
Oof I actually was planning on getting the Jimin badge for a while too but had held off on purely aesthetic reasons :yolk: Got the Chanmi badge instead lol. Now who knows anymore :yolk:
Indecent? Surely not :taesip: Nothing indecent in this household, exciting maybe :sakUwu:
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: lexus and Willow

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I guess. Well my mum wasn't born here, I can say that much. Neither was my step mother

I want to test that theory of Aussie and nz accent side by side tbh. Wouldn't know where to start though lol
Lol for people staying in Australia like you it would probably be really easy to distinguish.
But like when Blackpink Rose (Australian) and Jennie (NZ) speak English, I can never spot a difference lol.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Lol for people staying in Australia like you it would probably be really easy to distinguish.
But like when Blackpink Rose (Australian) and Jennie (NZ) speak English, I can never spot a difference lol.
Not really. Especially when my own peeps here think I sound like an American.

Okay maybe that's just their stupidity at play lol

We have six different accents here.
So that's probably why one can't tell a typical Aussie from another Aussie.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
What's your favorite movie, and why?

I'm a big movie geek, could talk movies for hours. So clearly, picking just one is impossible for me lol. There are movies I really really admire, objectively they are extremely well made, directed or written, the technical craftsmanship is unparalleled, amazing filmmaking techniques used etc.
Then there are others that I wouldn't objectively rate as high, but are still more enjoyable and I find myself watching more.
I guess I make the distinction of best vs favorite, they might not always overlap lol.

So for instance, action is my favorite genre. Why? Coz it's so pure and visceral, brings out your primal instincts. And in terms of cinema, when you do action really well, the setpieces, the physicality, the stunts look REALLY GOOD! BUT it's so easy to get wrong and 70% of all action movies feature either terrible camerawork, overly obvious wire work that looks fake, really obvious stunt doubles, or CGI overuse that looks tacky. In terms of action my 3 favorite action movies of all time:

1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day- The Holy Grail of all action movies really.
2. Mad Max Fury Road- The story isn't that thick, it's one long action sequence really, with some plot breaks in between. It emphasizes the use of practical effects and real stunts over CG and that's why it works so well, alongside the amazing direction of course and the performances by Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy.
3. Mission Impossible: Fallout- the plot is basically save the world from nuclear terrorists but the action oh lord. Tom Cruise is the last pure Hollywood action star today alongside Keanu Reeves.

Other than action, there are some movies which left a big impression on me- Donnie Darko was amazing when I first watched it, Drive is one of my favorite movies, and the French movie Le Samourai.

Some Hong Kong movies, esp. by Wong Kar Wai- Chungking Express and In the Mood for Love. 10/10.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Have you ever had a peanut-butter-and-banana sandwich? Was it good? If not, would you kill it with fire, nuke it from orbit, or love it like J.J. Abrams loves using lens-flair?

Why yes I have. It was pretty good actually but I prefer it without the banana :rosesmug:
And creamy peanut butter coz only the truly evil people prefer crunchy.
I love how you know JJ's lens flare addiction lmao, much like Quentin Tarantino's foot fetish :jenniesmug:
No wonder he made Uma Thurman (The Bride) wiggle her big toe so long in Kill Bill :lisalaugh:

Wwyd @Bookworm :wimwim:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
What languages do you speak? Are there any languages you'd like to learn? Have you ever had a funny language-learning mishap, and are you brave enough to share it?

Well I speak like 3 Indian languages and English lmao. In India, there's a different language in almost every state so it's complicated af, although most everyone knows either Hindi or English to have something in common :haylul:
And a lot of the languages are related, originally belonged to the same family etc. so there are like 2 more languages I can understand but not speak.

I am interested in so many languages, but idk if I'll ever learn lol. I was interested in French and Spanish, took a semester of French but realized how big a flop I was :wimwim:
I tried Japanese and some Korean by myself but I'm horribly out of touch so I should pick it up again. Mandarin also sounds really cool to me but I know it's really difficult and that saps away all my motivation really lol.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
He would be your bias... At least you're Black Canary, though :wimwim:

Also, I know this is technically Green Arrow's son, but if he was in Injustice he would have totally done this to Supes (and I would be him, but I'm not sure who would be Atom, though, maybe you? :wimwim: )




One of my favorite comic book moments ever :sanapray:

So watch out, you punk Hitler-Supes :pandamad:
And here I thought you'd be like Injustice Diana supporting me smh :nayeonisdone:
Hitler-Supes is OP af lmao, remember when Aquaman resisted, and Supes and his gang came and literally picked up all of Atlantis and dumped it on a desert or something :lisalaugh:
That was a flex lol.
Although the way he just ended Billy Batson was kinda tragic.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: username1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread