the elderly deserve better (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Lol sorry about all the random threads.....my thoughts are all over the place, as usual... but yeah.....to be honest, I am scared of what will happen if I make it to that age.......the way they are treated is not okay. They are not a bother... they are human beings who deserve care and support. Seriously, I remember my teacher once talking about roles in society and when she asked "what do we expect from the elderly?", a girl responded "for them to die" ... she was always not so nice but I think a lot of people (especially young people) think like this as if they will never grow old, it really isn't right imo.. my granny is the hardest working person I know besides a guy from work and @ripiasuju lol... And I recently met an older woman who is doing a physically tough job and destroying herself to the point of having to have surgery, her husband can't find a job, and she told me how she woke up at 3 am and just cried... I felt so bad and wish I could help her :( It's really heartbreaking to think that the struggle and suffering might not end when we grow old and all the things we worked for and earned throughout our lives will offer no reward in the end..... idk, but let's just be nicer to the elderly ok? TT

 

Sory

I see that I'm Icy
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
6,873
Reactions Received
17,910
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I work(ed) in a residence for the elderly and that thought often pops up in my head. It is very sad but there is an obvious distinction between the way residents are treated when they have committed families compared to residents with distant or non-existent families. Staff are too often overburdened and what will make the difference is often the children insisting or threatening so that more care is given to their parents. The employees do not want to do badly but they often have the short side of the stick and have too many tasks to do for the time granted, and it is unfortunately the elderly who suffer first. Part of me only want children to not grow old alone. It is a scary thought.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kodoku
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I have story: I was in a thrift store that is nice in that it offers cheap furniture that I would have paid 3x the price anywhere else. Anyway there was this cashier who was in her early 50s who was berating a late 80s early 90 year old man for walking slow; he was a customer. Isn't it lovely the behavior of people working as volunteers
 
  • Like
Reactions: kodoku

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread