Appreciation The Narrative of Kep1er as a failed group feels like overreach. (2 Viewers)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,533
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
there are many things like this always popping up.




no they are not IVE, NJ, Ssera level but ask Bora, Jiwon, Doah ect and they would cheerfully swap out their groups numbers for Kep1ers.

Granted Queendom 2 was a horrid idea on many levels.


but the comments like poor Yujin gets another group that fails.

pretty sure Kep1er has outsold CLC by so much its silly ... goes to look it up. yep
clc has somewhere around 70k total sales.

Kep1er is over 1.4 million which is 20x that especially after ya throw in the Japanese releases.

The trend is not good dropping from a high of~ 400k for the first 2 minis to under 150k for the last one is indicative of the company giving up.

Now it is fair to say that they could have done better but they did very good.

For example Fromis is still under 1 million aggregate( though their trend is up kind peaking at almost 200k).

I think its more fair to say that the group missed opportunities to do better.

Firstly for a temp group pick a concept and go with it for the whole 2.5 years. bouncing around helps no one.

Find a way to get accessible content out there Vlive type content was a crazy powerful tool for groups like bts, twice , izone ect use that.
We verse is not the same if ya have to have a subscription it very hard to get it out to new ppl.
For example i have watched 100's and hundred's of hours of v live not a second of we verse.

They have great kids.
 
Last edited:

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
People expect the first group after a big, nationwide rigging scandal to be popular...
For real tho, what do people expect? That the public forgot about it just by giving the show a different name and concept?

I also think that people are slowly getting tired of temp groups and their inevitable breakup.
Like I love ZB1's songs but I don't want to become attached just because I know they'll breakup eventually.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,533
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
People expect the first group after a big, nationwide rigging scandal to be popular...
For real tho, what do people expect? That the public forgot about it just by giving the show a different name and concept?

I also think that people are slowly getting tired of temp groups and their inevitable breakup.
Like I love ZB1's songs but I don't want to become attached just because I know they'll breakup eventually.
Sending them to queendom 2 as sacrificial lambs did not help at all. and only made ppl think of the scandal.
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,464
Reactions Received
39,096
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,793
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
That keeps coming across my YouTube feed and I haven't watched it because the title alone pretty much says it all. Kep1er has been very successful and not even remotely a failure. Kep1er has 2.4m followers on YouTube which is over a million more than Apink and way more than many other groups I follow and love. The video creator's an idiot looking for views and nothing more.
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Sending them to queendom 2 as sacrificial lambs did not help at all. and only made ppl think of the scandal.
Yup, they were way too freshly debuted too.
It worked with TOO on Road to Kingdom, but just a bit and they were from a whole new survival show.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,533
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
That keeps coming across my YouTube feed and I haven't watched it because the title alone pretty much says it all. Kep1er has been very successful and not even remotely a failure. Kep1er has 2.4m followers on YouTube which is over a million more than Apink and way more than many other groups I follow and love. The video creator's an idiot looking for views and nothing more.
1.5 million monthly spotify too which is not shabby.
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,464
Reactions Received
39,096
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,793
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
I just realized it's a Kookielit video... so back to my idiot looking for views comment... I pretty much ignore anything Kookielit has to say.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,533
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I just realized it's a Kookielit video... so back to my idiot looking for views comment... I pretty much ignore anything Kookielit has to say.
i just picked that one, but i see so many i finally got annoyed.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: StirFriedPanda

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
That keeps coming across my YouTube feed and I haven't watched it because the title alone pretty much says it all. Kep1er has been very successful and not even remotely a failure. Kep1er has 2.4m followers on YouTube which is over a million more than Apink and way more than many other groups I follow and love. The video creator's an idiot looking for views and nothing more.
I mean, it's Kookielit, they're kinda known by exaggerating facts for views.
They're a content farm and used the passing of Moonbin for revenue (and with that, I mean milked)
 
  • Sad
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,464
Reactions Received
39,096
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,793
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
i just picked that one, but i see so many i finally got annoyed.
I think it's especially easy to get annoyed when Kep1er gets picked on. Those girls have gone through hell and back. Done everything asked of them and more. They are incredibly talented but put in a bad situation when the company realized they couldn't rig the votes this time and thus didn't want the group handed to them. I won't be the least bit shocked if it comes out Huening Bahiyyih was physically abused by the company. So many times it feels like you can see it in her eyes and the way she carries herself that somethings going on behind the scenes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread