Appreciation The ‘problem’ with Thai names (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,391
Reactions Received
151,403
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I mean ngl I’m not Thai and have a much easier name but I still spelled my own name different from the legal spelling for what, 16 years? So I can’t judge :dubueh:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Boyo
Joined
3 January 2021
Messages
9,062
Reactions Received
8,671
Location
Hugging the brightest star next to the moon
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,302
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Gender
Female, Non-Binary, Other
Pronouns
She/Her
I can only remember Ten's bc for some reason my brain memorized it. Let me be honest. I think I've seen Ten from somewhere else or something because his face and name was really similar to me. I saw one idol from THE7 with a beautiful Thai name, Pa from THE7's real name is Aranthum Tiradkeaukool and he's an aquarius and I swear his first name is beautiful and for some reason his last name makes me think tide pool like at beaches. Before THE7 the only Thai idol I knew of their real name and whatnot was Ten.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Boyo

ichigohon

Pope of the Church of Qrisus Christ
.
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
1,883
Reactions Received
2,205
Location
神戸
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,397
Fandom
Queen ♔
Gender
Male
I think the way the Thai government enforced the adoption of last names was very unique in comparison to most other countries and regions, so the fact that every single Thai family has a completely unique surname is something so refreshing. My last name is one of the most common in the entire English language so I hate it with a passion.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,391
Reactions Received
151,403
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
The real kicker is that my name is actually still spelled differently legally than on my health related stuff, so sometimes I still have to stop and think, “hold on, which version am I supposed to use now?” Like recently when setting up my PT appointments I got asked which way to spell it (since my email spells it wrong too but the phone I used to call doesn’t) and I had to pause for a minute before telling her how it should be spelled :haylul:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Boyo

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,453
Reactions Received
41,078
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
240,070
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I can only remember Ten's bc for some reason my brain memorized it. Let me be honest. I think I've seen Ten from somewhere else or something because his face and name was really similar to me. I saw one idol from THE7 with a beautiful Thai name, Pa from THE7's real name is Aranthum Tiradkeaukool and he's an aquarius and I swear his first name is beautiful and for some reason his last name makes me think tide pool like at beaches. Before THE7 the only Thai idol I knew of their real name and whatnot was Ten.
I watch Thai dramas and follow Thai actors, so I’m familiar with long and unique names. Thai names are beautiful indeed. :sanapray:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Jewel

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,453
Reactions Received
41,078
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
240,070
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I think the way the Thai government enforced the adoption of last names was very unique in comparison to most other countries and regions, so the fact that every single Thai family has a completely unique surname is something so refreshing. My last name is one of the most common in the entire English language so I hate it with a passion.
Yes, Thai names are pretty and unique, surely you can’t find two people with the same name. My name is one of a kind in my country, but I totally get you. People are not always happy with most common names.
 

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,453
Reactions Received
41,078
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
240,070
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
The real kicker is that my name is actually still spelled differently legally than on my health related stuff, so sometimes I still have to stop and think, “hold on, which version am I supposed to use now?” Like recently when setting up my PT appointments I got asked which way to spell it (since my email spells it wrong too but the phone I used to call doesn’t) and I had to pause for a minute before telling her how it should be spelled :haylul:
I see, you are an Events member, so confusing people is in your blood! :pepesmug:
Together with @Wingfrost and @Tickita :scree:
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Me trying to remember which name I'm supposed to use :jisoosmh:
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,063
Reactions Received
52,514
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,093
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Bambam was even confused about his siblings’ name. :lisalaugh:
Thai parents give their children two names; given names are used for official purposes, nicknames are used in daily life.

@badcrookshanks
I am half thai and I was only given one name as a middle name.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Boyo

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,063
Reactions Received
52,514
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,093
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
  • Like
Reactions: Boyo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread