- Joined
- 8 March 2019
- Messages
- 6,995
- Reactions Received
- 12,662
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 691
- Fandom
- Exo L
- Gender
- Male
- Ship
So I heard in a movie recently a phrase like, "I've never actually attended counseling because I'm Irish..."
It got me to investigating this claim. Apparently in the 19th and 20th Century the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) was heavily involved in many aspects of life, such as politics, education, healthcare and so on. Adding to the fact that the church took a strong stance against Psychoanalysis. My family [the Irish Immigrants and 2nd gen that I was raised with/by] tended to not utilize services as well. Its obviously a cultural thing.
Does anyone feel uncomfortable about attending such services because of cultural and family reasons?
It got me to investigating this claim. Apparently in the 19th and 20th Century the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) was heavily involved in many aspects of life, such as politics, education, healthcare and so on. Adding to the fact that the church took a strong stance against Psychoanalysis. My family [the Irish Immigrants and 2nd gen that I was raised with/by] tended to not utilize services as well. Its obviously a cultural thing.
Does anyone feel uncomfortable about attending such services because of cultural and family reasons?