I had an iPhone 7, it wasn't bad but since upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, I don't miss it anymore. However, there are a few things Apple does really well:
1. Premium hardware.
2. Best haptic feedback, I always have my phones on vibration mode and some Androids I use don't have a motor that strong for vibrations so I end up missing calls a lot of times, never happened on my iPhone.
3. Typing, this ties in with number 2. Due to the super accurate haptic feedback and the best onscreen keyboard, I never make typos on an iPhone. Weird I know lol.
Other than that, Androids offer so much more freedom and choice. I suspect lifetime Apple users will be surprised af when they move to an Android the first time and discover things that are possible on smartphones but they never knew

Recently, with the removal of the headphone jack, Apple has killed all chances of me ever going back to an iPhone. Shame, coz they've priced the new iPhone 11 really attractively compared to other flagships and it's actually a pretty good phone, but once my Note 9 dies, I'll move to something like an Asus ROG Phone 2.