Rumor These scumbags aren't idols. (1 Viewer)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
So you all know that I have a daughter who is nearly 10 and follows K Pop right?

Well she's been following this case as one of the few boygroups she actually did like were Bigbang....

And Seungri, JJY and all of these other scumbags that have just been exposed have made her even more hateful towards men who she already felt that she couldn't trust.
She even said to me that the way that these men have treated women is what makes her thankful to be interested in other girls instead men and that she won't ever allow a man to touch her. Because she thinks that most men are scum who aren't trustworthy and are only after one thing...

All of these 'men' have failed their role as idols towards the younger fans and I hope that we never have to see their faces again on our screens. Because the only thing that they deserve is to spend the rest of their living days rotting in some prison cell and forgotten by society!
 
Last edited:

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
That's so disheartening, because despite all the scum in the world, especially those that get featured on news and get attention for being rotting plagues to the earth, there are plenty of amazing, kind, humble, morally straight, honorable men in the world.

I'm glad she's able to express herself when it comes to who she does and doesn't like, but....I'm so sorry to hear the impact this is making on her :c
 

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
ALSO SIDE NOTE YOU'RE THE ONE LISTENING TO SQUIDWARD NOSE OMF

 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
That's so disheartening, because despite all the scum in the world, especially those that get featured on news and get attention for being rotting plagues to the earth, there are plenty of amazing, kind, humble, morally straight, honorable men in the world.

I'm glad she's able to express herself when it comes to who she does and doesn't like, but....I'm so sorry to hear the impact this is making on her :c
She thinks that of me and she says that I am her biggest role model and she's always proudly telling her friends of just how amazing I am... But she feels that I am the only man in the world that is like that. And whether she thinks that solely because I am her father or not. I haven't actually asked her.

Its a shame. Because even though she prefers girl groups and female soloists. She was showing interest in boy groups but that's just completely disappeared now.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,662
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,317
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
That is sad. Best that can be done is have strong positive examples in the family if possible. My dad, uncles and grandfathers taught us by living it and we do our best to pass it on to the extended family the same way. one of the happiest days in my life was when a niece told me i was like another dad.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,241
Reactions Received
76,670
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,782
Ship
Wreck
That's the problem with idolising celebrities, a lot of them don't make for good role models because they either don't have their life in order or are just as confused about things as we are.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
this is sad. At least she has you as a good role model.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Honestly, i'm 22 and I get knocked down like that a lot. It's really hard when men you look up to turn out to be assholes. Like when I found out about Neil deGrasse Tyson I felt crushed.

It's pretty obvious that not all men are like this but it's enough of them and the ones I looked up to that disheartens me so I get where she's coming from.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
This is just sad. She's only 10 and she's very aware of this stuff already. I hope that she won't always think that every man (or most men) will be like these guys. I'm glad she has a great father like you though.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
4,096
Reactions Received
13,689
Location
Throwing rotten eggs at Pledis
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
That's awful, but at least you've raised her to be smart enough to figure out when someone does something wrong
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
This is just sad. She's only 10 and she's very aware of this stuff already. I hope that she won't always think that every man (or most men) will be like these guys. I'm glad she has a great father like you though.
That's awful, but at least you've raised her to be smart enough to figure out when someone does something wrong
It hasn't been easy raising the girls so that they are aware of the bad things that are in this world. But I am glad that I have raised them this way. Because I don't want them to be blind or ignorant to the world.

But like I said it hasn't been easy with trying to find the line between making them aware of these things and also protecting their own innocence...

Though they know that they will always have me to protect them and that I would do anything for them.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
So you all know that I have a daughter who is nearly 10 and follows K Pop right?

Well she's been following this case as one of the few boygroups she actually did like were Bigbang....

And Seungri, JJY and all of these other scumbags that have just been exposed have made her even more hateful towards men who she already felt that she couldn't trust.
She even said to me that the way that these men have treated women is what makes her thankful to be interested in other girls instead men and that she won't ever allow a man to touch her. Because she thinks that most men are scum who aren't trustworthy and are only after one thing...

All of these 'men' have failed their role as idols towards the younger fans and I hope that we never have to see their faces again on our screens. Because the only thing that they deserve is to spend the rest of their living days rotting in some prison cell and forgotten by society!
This is sad. I hope she was already interested in girls because she is genuinely interested in girls and not because of these douche bags?
She's still very young and I hope she realises that there are some good men out there and not every woman is good.
I can definitely understand though, it probably feels like the ultimate betrayal when the people who you really look up to turns out to be scum.

I hope that within time, she can see that there are many good male role models like yourself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SeulPika and yeji

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
This is sad. I hope she was already interested in girls because she is genuinely interested in girls and not because of these douche bags?
She's still very young and I hope she realises that there are some good men out there and not every woman is good.
I can definitely understand though, it probably feels like the ultimate betrayal when the people who you really look up to turns out to be scum.

I hope that within time, she can see that there are many good male role models like yourself.
She came out long before this incident and before she started disliking men. But with scandals such as this one and even boys in her own school thinking that they are entitled to ask her out. She's grown to be very weary of men....
But that just means that I have to always set an example of how someone whether they are a men or women should treat her. And that starts with how I treat my wife. Especially in front of the girls.

Fortunately aside from me. She also idolises Seulgi... So she does have two good role models in her life.
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
that's sad that she's so young and already exposed to this stuff
i'm hoping that her outtake on life changes as she gets older and experiences more stuff

my little sister, who's also ten, follows a few kpop groups, but just like your daughter, she also hates men so much. it's so stupid, she's literally like irene, scowling at people behind their backs. and it's because a few years ago, her best friend (a boy) 'cheated' on her for another girl. they had been friends for almost 6 years, best friends, and he suddenly stopped talking to her. she was heartbroken. i don't know whether she'll ever be the same carefree girl she was with him.

it's sad the impact a child goes through whenever their idols are involved in controversy
hopefully your daughter gets back into boy groups~
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
that's sad that she's so young and already exposed to this stuff
i'm hoping that her outtake on life changes as she gets older and experiences more stuff

my little sister, who's also ten, follows a few kpop groups, but just like your daughter, she also hates men so much. it's so stupid, she's literally like irene, scowling at people behind their backs. and it's because a few years ago, her best friend (a boy) 'cheated' on her for another girl. they had been friends for almost 6 years, best friends, and he suddenly stopped talking to her. she was heartbroken. i don't know whether she'll ever be the same carefree girl she was with him.

it's sad the impact a child goes through whenever their idols are involved in controversy
hopefully your daughter gets back into boy groups~
For now she's finding more happiness surrounding herself with female friends. So as long as she's happy then that is what matters the most to me. But I do still hope that one day she'll learn to trust men. Even if not romantically, but just as friends.
But that will be something that only she herself will be able to decide on.

Hopefully for my daughter and your little sister these experiences will help to harden them up and make them strong women in the future who know their own worth.

But for now she's happy idolising the likes of Red Velvet, Blackpink, Twice, SNSD, Taeyeon, Seulgi and ironically considering your DP, she also likes Hyuna.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and kuro

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
For now she's finding more happiness surrounding herself with female friends. So as long as she's happy then that is what matters the most to me. But I do still hope that one day she'll learn to trust men. Even if not romantically, but just as friends.
But that will be something that only she herself will be able to decide on.

Hopefully for my daughter and your little sister these experiences will help to harden them up and make them strong women in the future who know their own worth.

But for now she's happy idolising the likes of Red Velvet, Blackpink, Twice, SNSD, Taeyeon, Seulgi and ironically considering your DP, she also likes Hyuna.
yeah, that's what I hope as well
idc who she ends up with, if anyone, as long as she can trust the opposite sex a bit more

yeah, they'll be ruling the world <3
QUEEN I STAN

my sister is into Sunmi, HyunA, Red Velvet, Mamamoo, and EXID
your daughter has impeccable taste Twice and SNSD? o.o
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and SeulPika

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
yeah, that's what I hope as well
idc who she ends up with, if anyone, as long as she can trust the opposite sex a bit more

yeah, they'll be ruling the world <3
QUEEN I STAN

my sister is into Sunmi, HyunA, Red Velvet, Mamamoo, and EXID
your daughter has impeccable taste Twice and SNSD? o.o
I just want her to know that there are other decent men like me in this world. But I suppose that unlike when I am showing her love. She'll just suspect that other men would have a ulterior motive for being kind to her.

My eldest two used to both love Twice, but my second eldest has moved more towards girl crush groups, soloists like IU and also Dreamcatcher and J Rock. Whilst my eldest loves pretty much everything. Especially the cute girl groups! lol Out of all of the Twice girls she is obsessed with Sana the most.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and kuro

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I just want her to know that there are other decent men like me in this world. But I suppose that unlike when I am showing her love. She'll just suspect that other men would have a ulterior motive for being kind to her.

My eldest two used to both love Twice, but my second eldest has moved more towards girl crush groups, soloists like IU and also Dreamcatcher and J Rock. Whilst my eldest loves pretty much everything. Especially the cute girl groups! lol Out of all of the Twice girls she is obsessed with Sana the most.
yeah, that's sad :(

haha, my sister's into more mixed groups, I guess? hyuna, sunmi, red velvet, exid, they're sexy, but sometimes flexible. red velvet a queens of both concepts, and twice is so so cute. what is it with the j-line haha? my sister's obsessed with Momo! and mina's probably my bias wrecker, while sana's one of my biases.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and SeulPika

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread