- Joined
- 10 September 2019
- Messages
- 62,063
- Reactions Received
- 52,511
- Location
- Europe and Asia
- Website
- www.ancestry.com
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 201,093
- Fandom
- 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
- Gender
- Male
- Pronouns
- Eurasian
It's views like this that a lot of people, particularly women get blamed for "reading" situations wrong or getting blamed because they looked a certain way or dressed a certain way. When the person who is to blame is the one who has no respect for personal space and can't keep their hands to themselves.There's no need to escalate at first. Sometimes people misinterpret other people's body signals because of their own wrong expectations.
How's the general interaction with that person? I'd tell them that I don't want to be touched by any person. It's an inoffensive statement, person A probably won't feel hurt and you can continue working together in your gardening group.
If you report person A, the situation could get toxic. I'd only do that if person A stays obtrusive.
@AmericanMindset is male. The situation is a bit different then. Especially straight (?) men normally aren't 'victimzed' that way and a clarifying conversation with person A should already help. Of course, if talking fails, there should be the legal way. But I'd talk first.Women get followed because "she gave me a look like she wanted me." When all they were doing was checking to cross a road.
Getting violated because "she wore a skirt, it's basically an invitation." When all they were doing was trying to look nice for themself and no one else.
Being a male should not lessen how you see it. A violation of personal space is still a violation personal space.@AmericanMindset is male. The situation is a bit different then. Especially straight men normally aren't 'victimzed' that way and a clarifying conversation with person A should already help. Of course, if talking fails, there should be the legal way. But I'd talk first.
That's right but the way of reacting to that violation may be different. If person A is male and @AmericanMindset is a straight man, he could tell person A that he's not gay. That already draws a clear line.Being a male should not lessen how you see it. A violation of personal space is still a violation personal space.
Anyone, regardless of sexual orientation, should not be putting their hands on another person.That's right but the way of reacting to that violation may be different. If person A is male and @AmericanMindset is a straight man, he could tell person A that he's not gay. That already draws a clear line.
A physical disability doesn't change that much IMO, a mental disability (for example autism or Down's Syndrome) could be another story. Are you the only person she touches that way? Maybe she tries to be an attention getter. Did you ask her why she does that?person A has a disability as well
she doesn't know when to stop
She has been called out several times
and still does it
so what you tell her doesn't sink in
but she does it still knowing full well it is wrong
it is a grey area at best
mental disability and she touches everybody there, not just meA physical disability doesn't change that much IMO, a mental disability (for example autism or Down's Syndrome) could be another story. Are you the only person she touches that way? Maybe she tries to be an attention getter. Did you ask her why she does that?
So she's not fixated on you. If 'hunting butts' would be her only problem, I'd laugh it away and try getting along with her. What would be the other options? Reporting her and she doesn't care anyway? Leaving the gardening group?mental disability and she touches everybody there, not just me
She does it for laughs and you say don't do it and she says sorry but still continues to do itSo she's not fixated on you. If 'hunting butts' would be her only problem, I'd laugh it away and try getting along with her. What would be the other options? Reporting her and she doesn't care anyway? Leaving the gardening group?
Maybe you can find out why she touches other people. It's possible that she seeks attention or wants to provoke. I'd only take legal action if she would be violent. She grabs other people's butts and that's annoying for sure but she doesn't seem to be dangerous.
I'm AFK. Have a great weekend!![]()
female@AmericanMindset is male. The situation is a bit different then. Especially straight (?) men normally aren't 'victimzed' that way and a clarifying conversation with person A should already help. Of course, if talking fails, there should be the legal way. But I'd talk first.
By the way, is person A male or female?
Take it to the higher ups, her disability does not excuse the action, especially considering she knows you said stop. Just make sure to tell them to be kind about itShe does it for laughs and you say don't do it and she says sorry but still continues to do it
I will.Take it to the higher ups, her disability does not excuse the action, especially considering she knows you said stop. Just make sure to tell them to be kind about it
Good luck!I will.
I have the same workers on cooking Monday
I will put in a report then