COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

thoughts on edits (1 Viewer)

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
03641607-C0B7-43F7-96D0-9CF1B40A355F.jpeg

inspired by the now deleted edit of karina by karinal00ks with kiku because of backlash from kiku’s fanbase
I personally don’t find an issue with it, but I understand why people would be squeamish about it: now that I actually think about it, isn’t it basically just deepfakes, but with a different intent?
of course, there’s also the idea that certain pictures from photo shoots “belong” to that celebrity, esp if it’s from their personal studio because that’s their own money and resources being used to create those pictures, so by editing someone else’s face on it, it’s kind of like editing a commission piece in a way?
1CEB3BA6-1E3F-444F-AD15-039CDFE278A8.jpeg

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I personally am not a fan of it. Though the person had no ill intent and doesn't deserve to face any backlash for it, the concept is very creepy and can lead to a lot worse things. That being said, they did a good job. Deepfakes in general should really just go, they're very harmful. :reallysadcat:

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
I personally am not a fan of it. Though the person had no ill intent and doesn't deserve to face any backlash for it, the concept is very creepy and can lead to a lot worse things. That being said, they did a good job. Deepfakes in general should really just go, they're very harmful. :reallysadcat:
yeah did you see that one where they put blackvelvet’s faces over twice? It looked so real it was disturbing
I don’t think the actual thing is bad, but it’s hard to decide where to draw the boundaries for these types of things

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
i think i'm not sure of it because deepfakes in general or these kinds of edits are still so odd in my brain to reconcile, I guess it's a slippery slope considering you're messing with identities and faces. Just as easily as you can create something very well done like this, you can put someone's face on someone else's body in very compromising position so it's like...a very sharp double edged sword

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
yeah did you see that one where they put blackvelvet’s faces over twice? It looked so real it was disturbing
I don’t think the actual thing is bad, but it’s hard to decide where to draw the boundaries for these types of things
I'm not sure which exact one you're talking about, but I've seen a lot similar and it's definitely very concerning. People are weird, and who knows what people will do with deepfakes. It's going to get difficult to distinguish between what is real and what is fake and who knows what people will do with that. I'm sure the people who made the innocent ones have no ill intentions but like you mentioned, there are really no boundaries to what people can or will do.:nekosweat:

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
i think i'm not sure of it because deepfakes in general or these kinds of edits are still so odd in my brain to reconcile, I guess it's a slippery slope considering you're messing with identities and faces. Just as easily as you can create something very well done like this, you can put someone's face on someone else's body in very compromising position so it's like...a very sharp double edged sword
yeah, I def agree with you ok the slippery slope idea
idk, but it might be because I’m more used to these types of things that I’m not weirded out as some of the older people I know... crazy to think that some kids could grow up seeing these types of things and feel like it’s completely normal

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yeah, I def agree with you ok the slippery slope idea
idk, but it might be because I’m more used to these types of things that I’m not weirded out as some of the older people I know... crazy to think that some kids could grow up seeing these types of things and feel like it’s completely normal
yeah I was 8 when smartphones/ipods really took off and touch screens like shocked me. but now people live in a world of voice recognition deepfaking ai generated stories, so much stuff that i couldn't even imagine like 5 years ago

Last edited:

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
i think that in a way, this is pretty harmless
like, there's only so many pictures with your fav idols so there is bound to be some editing involved
i think that something like this wouldn't personally upset me but that's my opinion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread