thoughts on gossip accounts? (1 Viewer)

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
like deuxmoi for example
I feel like it's a mixed bag tbh, so I don't put much faith in them but it's sometimes funny to read the obviously fanfic-y stuff sent it, the way I read quoras for fun :wimwim:
wbu?
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Yeah I definitely like reading through them cause I find them entertaining.
I don't usually believe them though. It absolutely just feels like fanfiction 😅
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
Yeah I definitely like reading through them cause I find them entertaining.
I don't usually believe them though. It absolutely just feels like fanfiction 😅
yeah, the more popular someone is with younger people, the less I believe the gossip about them
honestly if I put in that effort to write up that much "info" I would've started capitalizing off it earlier totally not talking about true beauty author here
:susPepe:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
yeah, the more popular someone is with younger people, the less I believe the gossip about them
honestly if I put in that effort to write up that much "info" I would've started capitalizing off it earlier totally not talking about true beauty author here
:susPepe:
:nakypog: what did the true beauty author do? I've heard some people say that it was just a jin fanfic with her as a self insert, but I really hoped that wasn't true.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday and mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
:nakypog: what did the true beauty author do? I've heard some people say that it was just a jin fanfic with her as a self insert, but I really hoped that wasn't true.
not too much, but it's really obvious that the FL is just a self-insert: she sometimes even straight-up copies poses and outfits from her ootd posts :wimwim:
I could be wrong too, but iirc she also has said she based the MLs off different idols too
props to her making bank with that though, but I wish she didn't feel so self-conscious about her looks sometimes because she's starting to look uncanny alley now even though she's really really pretty
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Mangoey

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah I definitely like reading through them cause I find them entertaining.
I don't usually believe them though. It absolutely just feels like fanfiction 😅
So you're saying you don't believe Jungkook and Nayeon are in love and Yeri, who also happens to be Nayeon's ex, is in love with Jungkook?
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
not too much, but it's really obvious that the FL is just a self-insert: she sometimes even straight-up copies poses and outfits from her ootd posts :wimwim:
I could be wrong too, but iirc she also has said she based the MLs off different idols too
props to her making bank with that though, but I wish she didn't feel so self-conscious about her looks sometimes because she's starting to look uncanny alley now even though she's really really pretty
Yup, True Beauty is a fanfic. She's the main character, I'm pretty sure Suho was Jin and Seojun was Jaebum, which is really strange. The issue is that she profited off of other people (the idols) and that's illegal, but since there's no obvious evidence of the characters being the idols, there's legally nothing wrong with it. It's honestly just really creepy and kind of strange. The character looks exactly like her too. Still reading the Webtoon though loll.
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
Yup, True Beauty is a fanfic. She's the main character, I'm pretty sure Suho was Jin and Seojun was Jaebum, which is really strange. The issue is that she profited off of other people (the idols) and that's illegal, but since there's no obvious evidence of the characters being the idols, there's legally nothing wrong with it. It's honestly just really creepy and kind of strange. The character looks exactly like her too. Still reading the Webtoon though loll.
yeah it’s my guilty pleasure read :wimwim:
it’s sweet and easy to digest and the art is very simplistic

found the pic I was talking about earlier
F817FF1D-B21F-47F6-9A50-09C2E29B9C12.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and Mayday

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I can still understand why people follow gossip accounts so much, what I absolutely don't get are these kpop prediction accounts, why are they a thing :wimwim:
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
yeah it’s my guilty pleasure read :wimwim:
it’s sweet and easy to digest and the art is very simplistic

found the pic I was talking about earlier
F817FF1D-B21F-47F6-9A50-09C2E29B9C12.png
I like reading it but the characters are so toxic and all of them are so annoying 😠

I only read webtoons if I like their art style and the author is so good at drawing
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
So you're saying you don't believe Jungkook and Nayeon are in love and Yeri, who also happens to be Nayeon's ex, is in love with Jungkook?
this is the one thing i 100% believe in as it is not fiction 😌
I like reading it but the characters are so toxic and all of them are so annoying 😠

I only read webtoons if I like their art style and the author is so good at drawing
and same! It's such a fun read, but at the same time it's so goddamn frustrating because all the characters kinda suck and are annoying.

But yeah the fact that it really is a self insert is just kinda.... creepy? good for her for making money off of it though i guess
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric and Mayday

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
They can be fun to read but always take what they are saying with a pinch of salt as it can be just as easy to make stuff up if it's something people generally wanna hear as they're willing to believe it
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
this is the one thing i 100% believe in as it is not fiction 😌

and same! It's such a fun read, but at the same time it's so goddamn frustrating because all the characters kinda suck and are annoying.

But yeah the fact that it really is a self insert is just kinda.... creepy? good for her for making money off of it though i guess
It is not fanfiction. Do not regulate it to the fanfiction section.

Seojun is toxic, the main girl is toxic, and Suho is toxic. I can't even be team Suho bc he's so strangeeee.
I would support the self-insert idea if it wasn't illegal :pandacop:
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I can still understand why people follow gossip accounts so much, what I absolutely don't get are these kpop prediction accounts, why are they a thing :wimwim:
either they’re fanfic or “no duh” statements, no in betweens
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
this is the one thing i 100% believe in as it is not fiction 😌

and same! It's such a fun read, but at the same time it's so goddamn frustrating because all the characters kinda suck and are annoying.

But yeah the fact that it really is a self insert is just kinda.... creepy? good for her for making money off of it though i guess
I do give her props for making all the characters motivations so ambiguous, it really opens up the target audience
that’s why I find my fav Webtoons to be more niche-y tbh
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
They can be fun to read but always take what they are saying with a pinch of salt as it can be just as easy to make stuff up if it's something people generally wanna hear as they're willing to believe it
the funniest is when you have a million different contradicting accounts of the same issue
:sippinthetea:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Abeamus and Mangoey

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I do give her props for making all the characters motivations so ambiguous, it really opens up the target audience
that’s why I find my fav Webtoons to be more niche-y tbh
oh really? :0 what other webtoons do you like?
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
the funniest is when you have a million different contradicting accounts of the same issue
:sippinthetea:
The only thing more fun than one account flopping is multiple flopping at the same time
 
  • Haha
Reactions: mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
oh really? :0 what other webtoons do you like?
all time fav is annarasumunara
but I also like nano list and seed for more techy stuff, I remember really liking flow too though
for ongoing ones ig I like eleceed?
 
  • Love
Reactions: Mangoey

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
all time fav is annarasumunara
but I also like nano list and seed for more techy stuff, I remember really liking flow too though
for ongoing ones ig I like eleceed?
YESS I love annarasumunara and flow, though the ending for the second one was confusing to me
:queen:
I've never heard of the rest though, I might check them out :maheart:
 
  • Love
Reactions: mysteric

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread