Thoughts on having a bias who's underage? (1 Viewer)

Walnutt

The #1 Reveluv
.
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,274
Reactions Received
21,574
Location
Wherever Seulgi wants me to be
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348
I was in a Discord server and someone mentioned how they have Dahyun from Rocket Punch as their bias. She's 14, if you didn't know. Two or three other people were saying how that's kinda weird/creepy despite the fact that this person never said anything weird about her.

I dunno. Everyone has their own opinion but I think it's perfectly fine to have someone a lot younger as your bias as long as you're mindful of the age and respectful.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Lot of idols are young, but you can be into idol without being attracted to them. Besides lot of fans are young too.
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
You know what's funny I had a similar conversation on this many ages ago at an anime convention. But of course to anime characters and not real people. Still I think this counts.

General consensus was, so long as you are not sexulizing them who the fudge cares. If you are looking at a person underage and thinking dirty thoughts you have a big problem.

If you are thinking this person is cute, adorable an really likable person that's okay regardless of age or age gap. Age gap really shouldn't matter either so long as the admired party is of legal age. I know many of grandmas who look at younger men and mention they'd take a go if they were half their age.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I agree because I don’t feel any sort of sexual attraction ( let’s say the word) for any of my biases basically. I love to listen to their music and they entertain me but that’s it. I have a bond with them but I often feel admiration or I would like to befriend them.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I think it's perfectly fine if you're not sexualising them. Not everything is sexual and you can be a fan of them for their personality or talent.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
To bias and support is perfectly fine.
To see that underage person in a +18 way is not fine
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I don't see anything wrong with an underage bias unless you're doing the obvious stuff you shouldn't be doing.
And if people have a problem with that even when the fan has said/done nothing weird, then it's more a reflection of those people imo :susPepe:
 

Walnutt

The #1 Reveluv
.
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,274
Reactions Received
21,574
Location
Wherever Seulgi wants me to be
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348
I know many of grandmas who look at younger men and mention they'd take a go if they were half their age.
Yeah this is one of those things that are seen as funny if the granny says it but creepy if the grandpa says it lol
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
:pandahappy: Times like these are when it’s nice to be under 18
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
How do I put this without people getting mad... Hmm... I do not see the point in liking a group with members younger than 16... But you asked. Most people pick biases that fit the criteria of: Looks+Personality+Talent or one of either. I do question if talent could be a factor because at that age they'd probably have had less training than most rookie groups. Second, Personality isn't something I think is entirely formed until late teens minimum... but then again idol groups individual members personalities are probably artificial constructs manufactured by their agency.

If the bias is based on looks then it is creepy, especially since Dahyun is barely 14. If based on talent or personality then probably not.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
it should be fine as long as no sexualisation happens.
I also noticed Dahyun in Rocket Punch first and would probably say she is my bias. Her voice is already good and she already knkee how to perform well in my opinion
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,040
Reactions Received
52,933
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,627
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Yeah this is one of those things that are seen as funny if the granny says it but creepy if the grandpa says it lol

This but as a guy I just accept this is how the world is now. It's still better than before when the grandpa was sexist n misogynist n nobody called them on it.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread