Lol I'm not gonna lie but if the only thing someone has ever played is candy crush, discussing the history of games with them isn't going to go well.
Especially from a console or PC point cause that what I know and have know for 28 years of gaming lol
Oddly I have had this conversation with women the most, I'd say I like gaming, they come with oh me too and starts discussing mobile games which is fine (I play them to) but then I can't share anything console or pc related cause they it's 'I never played that or that seems boring' makes the convo fall short Irl of course, I meet alot of women I don't click with hobbies wise.. I will never have lady friends TT lol... But Online you can fake it well and yeah elitist bullshit is the worst.
Yeah, of course they are very different types of game, but still some people take that as such a grave crime lol
Theoretically someone can listen to weird stuff and say that is a fan of music.
The terms we use for everything don't help a lot.
We go around with hardcore gamer, casual gamer, fan, normie, classical art, pop art.
There's some hierarchy going on there.