thoughts on using pics of people you don't know as dps? (2 Viewers)

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
^^
Inspired by the 205924780593 people I've seen with Xu Yangyuzhuo/Doyeon dps who have zero knowledge on the girls or their groups :nekosweat:

Personally I find it really weird?? Like you don't even support the person but your using them as display pics just because you like the aesthetic? It's even worse with Weibo girls tbh, where so many have said they feel uncomfortable being used as dps


thoughts?


:queen:
stan smngg,
mysteric
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,659
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
when it's with people like k-pop idols then it's quite sad to see them being only appreciated for their looks when they are so much more than this, i personally wouldn't use a member of a group that i'm not really a fan of as a dp. but at least they're considered celebrities/public figures so it's not as bad as with random people who just put their pictures on social media because i'm sure they didn't do it with the purpose of these photos being used by complete strangers. i don't use social media at all and i don't take pictures of myself but if i did and saw someone that i don't even know use it as their dp or something then i would feel really uncomfortable too.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It's pretty weird. Cause sometimes people use random girls/boys as dps because they want to appear as "them", like imagining that as part of their identity. Idk if it's weirder if it's celebrity (that lot of people use cause the like that celebrity too, like almost everyone here) or some random pic they found online. Maybe random pic of non-celebrity is weirder xd
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
when it's with people like k-pop idols then it's quite sad to see them being only appreciated for their looks
5253941A-B483-482D-BDB4-9F4726B618E9.jpeg
4A2FFB5C-00D4-49D3-8767-C932EBF69538.jpeg
3B342241-DE42-4975-8D4A-61DC6ED42A94.jpeg
4A6BC8AB-7932-4D2C-A571-102C312DA75B.jpeg
42D8FD4C-5612-4125-8D51-B8C90F872E5D.jpeg

I run whenever I see anyone use these pics for their dp ;-;
it happens wayyy too often with doyeon especially I think
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: jasque and Willow

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
It's pretty weird. Cause sometimes people use random girls/boys as dps because they want to appear as "them", like imagining that as part of their identity. Idk if it's weirder if it's celebrity (that lot of people use cause the like that celebrity too, like almost everyone here) or some random pic they found online. Maybe random pic of non-celebrity is weirder xd
^^ I agree 100%
what I find super sad is that some non-celebs have even explicitly stated that they don’t want people to use them for display pics but people still go ahead,, xian xian is like the unofficial it girl of edgy big twt accs lmao
893B4860-DCAF-4E32-92BF-6E152898134B.jpeg

 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Back in 2019 I used Hani from EXID for my dp because my boyfriend said she's the closest to my personality, I didn't know her that well at all so people thought I liked EXID. I also used Taeyeon as a dp and I was a fan of her but it was mostly because she had great photoshoots :nekosweat:

Now I tend to use just whichever bias I want to promote at the time which is Han from Stray Kids.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Honestly, I find it a bit bizarre... but its more off putting that I am not that surprised by it. There are some scenarios where it would be acceptable (in my eyes)... If someone is an author and using a particular celebrity as a representation of their protagonist, then it would make sense to surround oneself in images of that celebrity... But in general having a dp of someone you aren't a fan of is gross... It would be like me making my dp Lisa when erryone knows I don't like BP, just because Lisa's hot (Although to be honest Rose is hotter, but I digress)...

I think the better term to describe it would be superficial. Like finding out a friend (or acquaintance) who says their such a big fan of [enter group here] has only heard like three of their songs... lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
Honestly, I find it a bit bizarre... but its more off putting that I am not that surprised by it. There are some scenarios where it would be acceptable (in my eyes)... If someone is an author and using a particular celebrity as a representation of their protagonist, then it would make sense to surround oneself in images of that celebrity... But in general having a dp of someone you aren't a fan of is gross... It would be like me making my dp Lisa when erryone knows I don't like BP, just because Lisa's hot (Although to be honest Rose is hotter, but I digress)...

I think the better term to describe it would be superficial. Like finding out a friend (or acquaintance) who says their such a big fan of [enter group here] has only heard like three of their songs... lol
I think a bunch of people do it for the aesthetic?? but I find it really weird since you don't see people do the same with say instagram models when they do it with weibo girls (aka xianxian), or with any American singers... it def feels superficial
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Tbh at the same time, this "real fan" discussion sometimes get so silly.

Like "if you play candy crush you're not a true gamer", "If you don't read Batman comics, you can't say you're a true fan".

Like who cares about labels.

Coming from anime communities this annoys me so much.

Otakus/weebs love to use that to feel like superior human beings.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mew and mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
Tbh at the same time, this "real fan" discussion sometimes get so silly.

Like "if you play candy crush you're not a true gamer", "If you don't read Batman comics, you can't say you're a true fan".

Like who cares about labels.

Coming from anime communities this annoys me so much.

Otakus/weebs love to use that to feel like superior human beings.
it does
ik cpop twitter has this massive superiority complex where everyone who came after qcyn2 or chuang2020 were somehow not cpop fans??
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
it does
ik cpop twitter has this massive superiority complex where everyone who came after qcyn2 or chuang2020 were somehow not cpop fans??
I see that just everywhere in society lol

Maybe I'm just too old.

I mean, I imagine if I had read all batman comics.

I suppose If I went that far, it's because I must love Batman.

But sometimes it looks like the person do that so they can go around the whole internet hunting everyone that says they know Batman, and prevent them from spreading lies about him.

It is something that goes deep though, we'd have to figure out why we discuss stuff or why we do what we do.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric
Joined
8 April 2020
Messages
2,021
Reactions Received
4,721
Website
miracleboysatori.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
Ship
Wreck
hope you don’t mind me asking but I’m curious why you think that ^^
It depends. If the idol doesn't like it, don't do it but its a way people can find more groups
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque and mysteric

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I only use idols and groups I know as dps on a strict basis. Which isn't many I know lol
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: jasque and mysteric

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread