Tips for going to a concert alone (1 Viewer)

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,014
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
  • Bring a small, clear bag [if the venue allows] to hold all your stuff, even if you don't want to bring one
  • If you buy merch, take it with you to the bathroom when you go (unless you befriend the people around you and have them watch it)
  • Befriend people around you in line/talk to them - it'll make the wait feel shorter
    • I highly recommend checking the hashtags for the concert prior to attending. There should be users in groupchats on Twitter where you can interact to join and the community there can be very comforting. If you befriend a user online, you might be able to join them in line at the concert, merch line, anywhere you can help each other out.
  • Bring a powerbank to charge your phone
    • My method is to charge my phone on the commute and have 100% when I arrive - then I can drain my phone at the concert and recharge on the way home.
  • Check the venue's website before you go and know the parking situation, sometimes they will only accept card for merch, and see if there's a fee for parking on the lot (in Chicago this is like $20-$30 depending on venue and it's easier to bring cash for this part)
  • Check the weather and be aware of it prior to the concert if you anticipate standing outside (if you dress lighter you can probably buy a hoodie once inside)
  • Keep your wallet + phone close and secure at all times (I have to feel them always, even if that means holding my phone forever)
  • Have a plan once you get inside the venue - bathroom first or merch line first?
  • If you're dressing up, bring comfortable shoes to drive home
  • If you're confused about anything once physically there ("where is the merch line? where is the bathroom?") you can ask around and probably find an answer. Some attendees will be following the group on their tour stops and it's not their first rodeo - they're usually all very helpful!
 

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,594
Reactions Received
18,269
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,025
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Day's basically got you covered! The only thing I'd add is to consider the venue's temperature. If it's going to be hot where you're at, generally assume the venue is going to be WAY hotter once all the fans are packed in. If it's going to be cold where you're at, maybe think about if you can get by with a jacket you can unzip and tie around your waist once you're inside, rather than a coat you're going to have to hold the whole time.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Bring a small, clear bag [if the venue allows] to hold all your stuff, even if you don't want to bring one
  • If you buy merch, take it with you to the bathroom when you go (unless you befriend the people around you and have them watch it)
  • Befriend people around you in line/talk to them - it'll make the wait feel shorter
    • I highly recommend checking the hashtags for the concert prior to attending. There should be users in groupchats on Twitter where you can interact to join and the community there can be very comforting. If you befriend a user online, you might be able to join them in line at the concert, merch line, anywhere you can help each other out.
  • Bring a powerbank to charge your phone
    • My method is to charge my phone on the commute and have 100% when I arrive - then I can drain my phone at the concert and recharge on the way home.
  • Check the venue's website before you go and know the parking situation, sometimes they will only accept card for merch, and see if there's a fee for parking on the lot (in Chicago this is like $20-$30 depending on venue and it's easier to bring cash for this part)
  • Check the weather and be aware of it prior to the concert if you anticipate standing outside (if you dress lighter you can probably buy a hoodie once inside)
  • Keep your wallet + phone close and secure at all times (I have to feel them always, even if that means holding my phone forever)
  • Have a plan once you get inside the venue - bathroom first or merch line first?
  • If you're dressing up, bring comfortable shoes to drive home
  • If you're confused about anything once physically there ("where is the merch line? where is the bathroom?") you can ask around and probably find an answer. Some attendees will be following the group on their tour stops and it's not their first rodeo - they're usually all very helpful!
I second the power bank. My first concert I was fine because I could charge it on the train but for the second I couldn’t and had to shut my phone off early in the concert and when I was on the train back I was at like a solid 2% and had a ticket for the train on my phone and I couldn’t check my location when I was getting my close to my station because it was dead and therefore had to talk to someone :pepeslippy: And the weather part. My first concert it was raining and I wasn’t prepared.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,712
Reactions Received
93,511
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,443
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Dont bring a back pack in the us they go crazy.. lol.

other than that day nailed it.

Engage the ppl in line. arrive early and mingle . i have always found folks with kpop stuff to sell / give away ect . it a different vibe than non kpop shows.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Myco and centen

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
  • Bring a small, clear bag [if the venue allows] to hold all your stuff, even if you don't want to bring one
  • If you buy merch, take it with you to the bathroom when you go (unless you befriend the people around you and have them watch it)
  • Befriend people around you in line/talk to them - it'll make the wait feel shorter
    • I highly recommend checking the hashtags for the concert prior to attending. There should be users in groupchats on Twitter where you can interact to join and the community there can be very comforting. If you befriend a user online, you might be able to join them in line at the concert, merch line, anywhere you can help each other out.
  • Bring a powerbank to charge your phone
    • My method is to charge my phone on the commute and have 100% when I arrive - then I can drain my phone at the concert and recharge on the way home.
  • Check the venue's website before you go and know the parking situation, sometimes they will only accept card for merch, and see if there's a fee for parking on the lot (in Chicago this is like $20-$30 depending on venue and it's easier to bring cash for this part)
  • Check the weather and be aware of it prior to the concert if you anticipate standing outside (if you dress lighter you can probably buy a hoodie once inside)
  • Keep your wallet + phone close and secure at all times (I have to feel them always, even if that means holding my phone forever)
  • Have a plan once you get inside the venue - bathroom first or merch line first?
  • If you're dressing up, bring comfortable shoes to drive home
  • If you're confused about anything once physically there ("where is the merch line? where is the bathroom?") you can ask around and probably find an answer. Some attendees will be following the group on their tour stops and it's not their first rodeo - they're usually all very helpful!
btw who are you going to see :pepesmug: @Myco is it IVE by chance :pepesmug::pepesmug:
That's a lot of good tips, I should've mentioned it's not actually a K-Pop Group I'm seeing but a rock band by the name of Normandie :jenniecry:
I'm staying at a motel very near to the venue and near to the train station as I'm traveling by train, so I don't think I'll need a powerbank since I'll most likely get it to 100% before leaving my motel.

I totally feel you on having to feel your phone/wallet so I think that's what I'm gonna do anyway (holding the phone) even when not recording.
I do have like a over the shoulder fanny pack, that should be fine instead of a clear bag? I'm pretty sure they allow you to take small backpacks and such into the venue, just no drinks or something.
I'm just scared of having to talk to people I've never seen when waiting in line and such. Not sure if I should go to the venue like an hour ahead for the waiting line or shortly before it begins.
It's only my 2nd concert so it isn't too important for me to be in the very first line.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Day1

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Day's basically got you covered! The only thing I'd add is to consider the venue's temperature. If it's going to be hot where you're at, generally assume the venue is going to be WAY hotter once all the fans are packed in. If it's going to be cold where you're at, maybe think about if you can get by with a jacket you can unzip and tie around your waist once you're inside, rather than a coat you're going to have to hold the whole time.
Concert's in March but the city is in south Germany so it's usually a bit colder, but then again it's March so early spring and depending on how many people are going the inside will be pretty warm, especially since it's a rock band and people tend to headbang so a lot of sweaty people. I think a jacket i can unzip and put around my waist sounds like a good idea though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: centen

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I second the power bank. My first concert I was fine because I could charge it on the train but for the second I couldn’t and had to shut my phone off early in the concert and when I was on the train back I was at like a solid 2% and had a ticket for the train on my phone and I couldn’t check my location when I was getting my close to my station because it was dead and therefore had to talk to someone :pepeslippy: And the weather part. My first concert it was raining and I wasn’t prepared.
Concert's inside a building so I think I'm fine about it raining outside :runrunrun:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Dont bring a back pack in the us they go crazy.. lol.

other than that day nailed it.

Engage the ppl in line. arrive early and mingle . i have always found folks with kpop stuff to sell / give away ect . it a different vibe than non kpop shows.
how to engage with the ppl in line :awkward:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Day1 and RandAlThor

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,014
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
That's a lot of good tips, I should've mentioned it's not actually a K-Pop Group I'm seeing but a rock band by the name of Normandie :jenniecry:
I'm staying at a motel very near to the venue and near to the train station as I'm traveling by train, so I don't think I'll need a powerbank since I'll most likely get it to 100% before leaving my motel.

I totally feel you on having to feel your phone/wallet so I think that's what I'm gonna do anyway (holding the phone) even when not recording.
I do have like a over the shoulder fanny pack, that should be fine instead of a clear bag? I'm pretty sure they allow you to take small backpacks and such into the venue, just no drinks or something.
I'm just scared of having to talk to people I've never seen when waiting in line and such. Not sure if I should go to the venue like an hour ahead for the waiting line or shortly before it begins.
It's only my 2nd concert so it isn't too important for me to be in the very first line.
Yep fanny packs should be fine!! And every venue is different, I know at the United Center in Chi they will NOT let ANY (besides clear) backpacks inside
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,712
Reactions Received
93,511
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,443
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
how to engage with the ppl in line :awkward:
it is much harder for me actually because i am above teh standard range. but these are your ppl.

They love kpop, and the group you going to see. especially if its a boy group.. in the past some ppl with cash to burn go to anything just to drive numbers (so more ppl will tour) but i think that has fallen off.

When your there alone its easy to just pull into yourself, but small efforts. talking about the merch or a fav clip. Why they/you like this artist. have all worked for me.

i chatted with ppl in Korea for the entire time we were in line and thru the show. Each trip. even on the train home ppl wanted to talk.

While they are clearly much friendlier in Korea. I was able to talk to folks in the US also.
Found some you tubers at a rv show in Miami and we went out for late nite snacks after.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Concert's inside a building so I think I'm fine about it raining outside :runrunrun:
So was mine but I’m unable to teleport from the train station to the inside of the venue so :runrunrun: I had to walk there and wait over an hour outside in lines. Plus it wasn’t that warm out so the rain was extra unpleasant
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: Myco and RandAlThor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread