Tips Please (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Hey, so I am not good at presenting stuff.
I have massive stage fright.
I shake naturally when I'm up there-like it's something I can't control.

I've found that practicing helps me but I'm in full-blown panic mode at the moment because I think my presentation is too long and my professor might skin me alive. Do you have tips for shortening something without completely ruining it and also any tips for presentations in general would be much appreciated.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted member 289

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Girl how long is your presentation?

Also, supposedly thinking of every one else naked helps with stage fright (not that I've done it before - I ain't got wish for nightmares!)
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Girl how long is your presentation?

Also, supposedly thinking of every one else naked helps with stage fright (not that I've done it before - I ain't got wish for nightmares!)
It has to be ten minutes long <.<
But I somehow keep going over it by too much.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I guess if you have lot of text written in power point or sth you might just want to read the main points of it and let the others look the rest? Or another way would be just cutting it down as much you can.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Well.... Cut off the unnecessary details and keep it to the basic
I wish I could-but I have to go in depth with a sociological theory and then apply it to a movie or show and its so much
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Marianthi

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I guess if you have lot of text written in power point or sth you might just want to read the main points of it and let the others look the rest? Or another way would be just cutting it down as much you can.
I have some long-winded slides but I already chopped one of them short for when I read it or go over.
 

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I wish I could-but I have to go in depth with a sociological theory and then apply it to a movie or show and its so much
Well damn. Well cut off some of the introduction?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I have some long-winded slides but I already chopped one of them short for when I read it or go over.
Well one way is just to practice while taking your time and you can that way find what is too long, seems bit unnecessary and so on. In powerpoint in general I have at least habit of writing full sentences and paragraphs, but it doesn't have to be like that cause it really can be even just one word in one list spot even.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Well one way is just to practice while taking your time and you can that way find what is too long, seems bit unnecessary and so on. In powerpoint in general I have at least habit of writing full sentences and paragraphs, but it doesn't have to be like that cause it really can be even just one word in one list spot even.
I never do paragraphs I learned the hard way that that is NEVER ok.
So most of mine are short points I'll expand on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
To shorten stuff:

-if you find yourself repeating something you've already said, get rid of it.

-narrow it down as much as you can. Details are nice, but you usually don't need most of them to get to the main point/idea of what you're trying to present.

-you don't have say everything on your slides (im assuming it's a powerpoint?). if you really want to keep something on there, then you can, but you don't have to say everything that's written down while you're presenting.

-use simple yet effective vocabulary. since it's not an essay, they probably won't judge you much on that front so don't use over complex words (aside form the terminology of what you're presenting), because it can make it longer. and try to not make your sentences too long.

To get over stage fright, I'd say the best thing is to practice with another person watching you. That way, they can tell you what they like and what they don't, and you can get more comfortable with presenting in front of people.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I never do paragraphs I learned the hard way that that is NEVER ok.
So most of mine are short points I'll expand on.
Well then I'd again recommend going over it with a clock and see what the problem parts are, if something is dragging bit long and could be said in shorter manner. And regarding on time, i'm not sure how strict your teacher is, but for me I have often found out the time is just recommendation and isn't that harshly looked so it might not be issue as much. I tend to ramble bit too much myself so my presentations are often bit long ^^;

- What comes to stage fright, well practice helps me most so I know what I'm speaking about and get less flustered about that. I don't think i have it as bad as you have, I have become more comfortable as i have gotten older too so I can't fully relate, but I symphatize.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread