- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,399
- Reactions Received
- 151,411
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,603
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
Hip hop doesn't belong to a certain race lol![]()
'Intergalactic' Beastie Boys(says so it's a hip hop song by a hip hop group, though they're white LOL)
Tell tat to to Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson or Steve Harvey - the last of whom said of Eminem:"Eminem has lost his ghetto pass. We want it back." Indirectly, saying he shouldn't rap or he's not authentic hip-hop artist. Even though Marshall Mathers grew up poor in actual ghetto! I was just remarking that Beastie Boys are real rappers, and "Intergalactic" is a hip-hop/rap song, as described online/offline too(though I'm not in the western hemisphere, I'm in S.E.A). I'm neither black nor white. See following, I can't read or write my own cultural language-so I was called the following when I was younger; I hv learned to speak n understand spoken language(tho not in depth).Hip hop doesn't belong to a certain race lol
I was just saying that anyone can do hip hop and that it shouldn't be gatekept because music brings people togetherTell tat to to Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson or Steve Harvey - the last of whom said of Eminem:"Eminem has lost his ghetto pass. We want it back." Indirectly, saying he shouldn't rap or he's not authentic hip-hop artist. Even though Marshall Mathers grew up poor in actual ghetto! I was just remarking that Beastie Boys are real rappers, and "Intergalactic" is a hip-hop/rap song, as described online/offline too(though I'm not in the western hemisphere, I'm in S.E.A). I'm neither black nor white. See following, I can't read or write my own cultural language-so I was called the following when I was younger; I hv learned to speak n understand spoken language(tho not in depth).
![]()
I'm an Asian man, so I just hv to confirm wat is hip-hop/rap thru wikipedia or other sources.
Asian rappers/hip-hop artists I'm not too familiar with.
But that's why I posted the screenshot tat I did, cos some like Steve Harvey or Stevie Wonder or others don't agree/dislike white rappers eg. Eminem. My statement was to forestall any user saying Intergalactic isn't a rap/hip song as its more electronic dance-y.(I was/probably still am-of the opinion tat Vanilla Ice was an embarrassment to white rappers. I could gone with "Ice Ice Baby" for this thread huh?(well I just dint think of it/still don't want to)I was just saying that anyone can do hip hop and that it shouldn't be gatekept because music brings people together
Oh okay, and nooo not ice ice baby lolBut that's why I posted the screenshot tat I did, cos some like Steve Harvey or Stevie Wonder or others don't agree/dislike white rappers eg. Eminem. My statement was to forestall any user saying Intergalactic isn't a rap/hip song as its more electronic dance-y.(I was/probably still am-of the opinion tat Vanilla Ice was an embarrassment to white rappers. I could gone with "Ice Ice Baby" for this thread huh?(well I just dint think of it/still don't want to)