- Joined
- 2 March 2019
- Messages
- 5,950
- Reactions Received
- 15,071
- Location
- USA
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 2,849
- Fandom
- MeU
- Gender
- Male
A group could be named White Crackers and I wouldn't care one bit. I'd stan actually.
As I now understand these alegations; they are mostly claiming that the Dreamcatcher is a religious object; thus their usage is offensive for the native americans. I don't think it's a big issue and think they are exagerating; but all my life I've been associated to a religion whose religious icons have been abused so many times and in so many ways that I've become necessarily insensitive to such things. So maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not.Ahahhahaahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahhah. Ha.
Give me one reason how having a Dreamcatcher as a logo is a cultural appropriation. People will do literally anything for clout
So is cross. That's all I'm saying. People will do anything for clout. Cancel culture is a terrible thingAs I now understand these alegations; they are mostly claiming that the Dreamcatcher is a religious object; thus their usage is offensive for the native americans. I don't think it's a big issue and think they are exagerating; but all my life I've been associated to a religion whose religious icons have been abused so many times and in so many ways that I've become necessarily insensitive to such things. So maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not.
Religion?As I now understand these alegations; they are mostly claiming that the Dreamcatcher is a religious object; thus their usage is offensive for the native americans. I don't think it's a big issue and think they are exagerating; but all my life I've been associated to a religion whose religious icons have been abused so many times and in so many ways that I've become necessarily insensitive to such things. So maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not.
Hmm, interesting. There seems to be division among native americans on whether or not this is disrespectful. The person who posted the tweet I singled out above is expressing confussion on this issue, and the engendered discussion shows there is division among native americans about it.
Yeah, I think there is definitely a division among Native Americans involving this issue.Hmm, interesting. There seems to be division among native americans on whether or not this is disrespectful. The person who posted the tweet I singled out above is expressing confussion on this issue, and the engendered discussion shows there is division among native americans about it.
I'd get this point....buuuutKpop fans don’t understand how drastic changing the name of an artist could be. That’s their whole brand, what they built up for years just going down the drain. I don’t think that dream catcher should change their name, but I can understand why some fans are upset with certain logos. And maybe the company could try to modify the logos to satisfy fans.
HFE literally did this before when MINX became Dreamcatcher.Anyone offended by the name or logos might (or might not) be rightfully so; but HFE has already invested too much on the brand after three years of releases and promotions. I don't think changing the name and concept is an easy thing to do; and honestly think it won't happen. That'd throw the group into nuguland once again and will cause the company to lose much money.
Difference is that they’re most well known for being dream catcher. They gained the majority of their fans under this name. I didn’t even know that they were called MINX before. And also changing your groups name twice is doing to much.I'd get this point....buuuut
Dreamcatcher literally did this before. Because they were MINX.
Dreamcatcher is pretty much MINX with additional members added to it.
An artist changing their name doesn't seem to even be that badly affected though if there's a standard fanbase.
Just look at Highlight.
Or JYJ
Or Good Day who pretty much became Cignature with the addition of newer members. I feel like Cignature got more attention with the debut than Good Day's did. (It's been 3 days and their mv already has 1.3 million which is more than Good Day's debut mv "Rolly" which is at 1.2 million...."Rolly" was released 2 years ago.)
HFE literally did this before when MINX became Dreamcatcher.
I don't think it'll throw the group into nuguland since the fanbase as definitely grown over the years and definitely more so than when they were called MINX. As long as the fanbase is pretty solid (which it seems to be) name changes don't create such a huge loss.
Because they were having a bad day and needed a cigarette.Why Good Day changed its name to Cignature?