Twitter Stans want Dreamcatcher to change their name (2 Viewers)

Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Anyone offended by the name or logos might (or might not) be rightfully so; but HFE has already invested too much on the brand after three years of releases and promotions. I don't think changing the name and concept is an easy thing to do; and honestly think it won't happen. That'd throw the group into nuguland once again and will cause the company to lose much money.
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Ahahhahaahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahhah. Ha.

Give me one reason how having a Dreamcatcher as a logo is a cultural appropriation. People will do literally anything for clout
As I now understand these alegations; they are mostly claiming that the Dreamcatcher is a religious object; thus their usage is offensive for the native americans. I don't think it's a big issue and think they are exagerating; but all my life I've been associated to a religion whose religious icons have been abused so many times and in so many ways that I've become necessarily insensitive to such things. So maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not.
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
As I now understand these alegations; they are mostly claiming that the Dreamcatcher is a religious object; thus their usage is offensive for the native americans. I don't think it's a big issue and think they are exagerating; but all my life I've been associated to a religion whose religious icons have been abused so many times and in so many ways that I've become necessarily insensitive to such things. So maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not.
So is cross. That's all I'm saying. People will do anything for clout. Cancel culture is a terrible thing
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
As I now understand these alegations; they are mostly claiming that the Dreamcatcher is a religious object; thus their usage is offensive for the native americans. I don't think it's a big issue and think they are exagerating; but all my life I've been associated to a religion whose religious icons have been abused so many times and in so many ways that I've become necessarily insensitive to such things. So maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not.
Religion?
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
Cancels cultures real problem stems from the idea that if you are offended by something then the other person has to make it right but you have no right to make someone else conform to meet your criteria. No one is getting hurt from Dreamcatcher using it as their logo or name and they are not making money because of it at all, they are making money because of their rock music style, horror concept and talent. Cultural appropriation should be used in areas it matters like someone who claims the wrong origin of something but you should only educate them in that situation or is openly mocking the culture something is from or in a scenario where someone is selling something that has to normally be earned like war medals.
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Hmm, interesting. There seems to be division among native americans on whether or not this is disrespectful. The person who posted the tweet I singled out above is expressing confussion on this issue, and the engendered discussion shows there is division among native americans about it.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Hmm, interesting. There seems to be division among native americans on whether or not this is disrespectful. The person who posted the tweet I singled out above is expressing confussion on this issue, and the engendered discussion shows there is division among native americans about it.
Yeah, I think there is definitely a division among Native Americans involving this issue.
It's really just like everyone has their own opinion, even amongst your own cultures.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dooh
Joined
12 June 2019
Messages
193
Reactions Received
460
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
14
Kpop fans don’t understand how drastic changing the name of an artist could be. That’s their whole brand, what they built up for years just going down the drain. I don’t think that dream catcher should change their name, but I can understand why some fans are upset with certain logos. And maybe the company could try to modify the logos to satisfy fans.
I'd get this point....buuuut

Dreamcatcher literally did this before. Because they were MINX.
Dreamcatcher is pretty much MINX with additional members added to it.

An artist changing their name doesn't seem to even be that badly affected though if there's a standard fanbase.
Just look at Highlight.
Or JYJ
Or Good Day who pretty much became Cignature with the addition of newer members. I feel like Cignature got more attention with the debut than Good Day's did. (It's been 3 days and their mv already has 1.3 million which is more than Good Day's debut mv "Rolly" which is at 1.2 million...."Rolly" was released 2 years ago.)

Anyone offended by the name or logos might (or might not) be rightfully so; but HFE has already invested too much on the brand after three years of releases and promotions. I don't think changing the name and concept is an easy thing to do; and honestly think it won't happen. That'd throw the group into nuguland once again and will cause the company to lose much money.
HFE literally did this before when MINX became Dreamcatcher.
I don't think it'll throw the group into nuguland since the fanbase as definitely grown over the years and definitely more so than when they were called MINX. As long as the fanbase is pretty solid (which it seems to be) name changes don't create such a huge loss.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I'd get this point....buuuut

Dreamcatcher literally did this before. Because they were MINX.
Dreamcatcher is pretty much MINX with additional members added to it.

An artist changing their name doesn't seem to even be that badly affected though if there's a standard fanbase.
Just look at Highlight.
Or JYJ
Or Good Day who pretty much became Cignature with the addition of newer members. I feel like Cignature got more attention with the debut than Good Day's did. (It's been 3 days and their mv already has 1.3 million which is more than Good Day's debut mv "Rolly" which is at 1.2 million...."Rolly" was released 2 years ago.)


HFE literally did this before when MINX became Dreamcatcher.
I don't think it'll throw the group into nuguland since the fanbase as definitely grown over the years and definitely more so than when they were called MINX. As long as the fanbase is pretty solid (which it seems to be) name changes don't create such a huge loss.
Difference is that they’re most well known for being dream catcher. They gained the majority of their fans under this name. I didn’t even know that they were called MINX before. And also changing your groups name twice is doing to much.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dooh
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
If people think that Gahyeon's photo is cultural appropriation of the Native American culture, they should think again as it is Norse Mythology and is what the Female Vikings wore:



And this is Gahyeon:


But then I guess you could say it's also Native American as well:
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread